Flight Qualifications Campaign

Not sure the sarcasm is warranted Sabre :(

On the last JTAC he checks in at 34:22. He then gets an instructor message at 46:48 telling him to end VUL which is only 11:26 after checkin.

He hasn't destroyed the last target yet, but checks out. He then checks back in a few minutes later, drops a GBU12 and checks out accidentally before it hits. He then gets the egress message.

Point is that he doesn't get the 15 minutes playtime and gets no failure messages. The update will fix the second but the first should be fixed as well. He makes checkin calls on the wrong channels prior to 34:22; could this be starting the timer?

I guess I'm just surprised that the instructions to kill all the targets are not clear. There are only 7 targets as identified by the JTACs that need to be killed to pass the mission.

The checkin time is determined by a zone so I don't think a few minutes less should stop someone from completing the mission.

We are making some updates so I'll see if I can provide more information about the target status before end of VUL.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also noticed that the JTAC explanation messages are a bit random. I've flown this 3 times and the last time was the only one where it happened between WP1 and WP2. Previously it used to happen after the first JTAC engagement completed.

Thanks for the input though.

I took a look at your earlier post and I think you might have some memory issues on your system causing the trigger flags to be set incorrectly which would certainly cause problems for proper mission execution.

For example the JTAC explanation messages are triggered by the change to the tactical frequency which sets Flag 3 on. If you get that happening at random times then it could be a memory problem on your system.

Could it be you have easy comms on?

Anyways, more feedback:

TAC19 is too dependant on what the stupid AI does in my opinion. I managed to get through the mission after losing my wingman during the first set of targets, and it made it a living hell.

The AI downright refused to use the cannon on the APCs, meaning I had to waste all the Mavericks. The third and fourth set of targets, all being tanks, took too much time since I was forced to use cannons. I only have two Mk-82s, and the AI even with four is useless, never killing anything with them.

The other allied flights did nothing, and I never got to clear Ford for that anti-artillery strike, which meant that after one hour flight, half of which with a damaged aircraft (thanks to the aimbotting MGs) I get a Q-.

Here's a few of suggestions:

- Have one of the other flights you call in destroy one of the set of targets, maybe the third or the fourth.

- Expand the VUL from 45 minutes to 60 minutes. If things go south initially (AI bugs out, or you lose an A-10) it becomes downright impossible to deal with everything in 45 minutes.

- Give the player a full 4-ship maybe? It would be more realistic and allow for a bit more leeway.

We just retested TAC 11 and it played fine on our system. We managed a Q rating even with blowing a few attack runs and killing the last target after the VUL period had expired.

Some suggestions if you are having trouble:

1. Use F4 or F5 Contact to confirm the target when you have it on the TGP.

2. Hammer will lase the target so you can use that laser for your GBU-12 drop - you don't have to self lase. Remember the JTACs use different frequencies 30 Axeman, 31 Hammer and UZI uses 124.

3. UZI will not send a mark point so you should create a mark point manually using the CDU with the coordinates given by UZI.

4. You can still kill targets after the VUL period (it's not advised but you aren't penalized if you do).

5. Change the frequency on the UHF if you don't want to hear other flight messages.

The only problem we saw was the wingman didn't take off when we did but decided to hold short of the runway for some time. He rejoined later on but this didn't effect the mission outcome. Not sure if this is something we can fix as it appeared to be an AI problem.

We do have some changes planned for the comms but no changes required for the targets or the mission flow at this time.

The only problem we saw was the wingman didn't take off when we did but decided to hold short of the runway for some time. He rejoined later on but this didn't effect the mission outcome. Not sure if this is something we can fix as it appeared to be an AI problem.

Classic problem with 1.5.2

Got the same problems with "The Ennemy Within"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TAC 19: FORD flight never even takes off, no wonder I keep getting Q-. It activates fine with BOAR and SPRINGFIELD, but never takes off. They seem to get stuck behind a couple of L-39ZAs while taxiing. This means that right now, it's impossible to get a Q, which is quite a frustrating thing to discover after a few tries.

I can attach a TacView report if needed.

Edited by Gliptal

TAC 19: FORD flight never even takes off, no wonder I keep getting Q-. It activates fine with BOAR and SPRINGFIELD, but never takes off. They seem to get stuck behind a couple of L-39ZAs while taxiing. This means that right now, it's impossible to get a Q, which is quite a frustrating thing to discover after a few tries.

I can attach a TacView report if needed.

No need for TacView. I just wish ED would stop monkeying with the AI so things that worked before would continue to work. :mad: I'm getting tired of having to change the mission every time there is an update because the AI behavior changes.

I slightly modified the triggers, now the two L-39ZAs spawn at 2400 (10 minutes after FORD), giving plenty of time for FORD to take off.

I also noticed you never get to clear SPRINGFIELD, even though they're circling inside the trigger zone; same goes for FORD. I'll see what I can debug there as well.

Edited by Gliptal

I slightly modified the triggers, now the two L-39ZAs spawn at 2400 (10 minutes after FORD), giving plenty of time for FORD to take off.

I also noticed you never get to clear SPRINGFIELD, even though they're circling inside the trigger zone; same goes for FORD. I'll see what I can debug there as well.

Thanks for the input. We will incorporate that into the next update.

However before you go too far debugging, some of the flights may be there for ambiance and were not specifically designed to be actionable by the user. It really depends on the mission and how we want the mission flow to go.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

By comparing my TacView debrief with the editor it seems like the "SPRINGFIELD ON STATION" trigger zone is too small: the flight holds around the waypoint with a larger turn 2.5nm radius than the trigger's radius. Assuming the editor works in meters when talking about radiuses (WHY ED won't you units of measurements FFS), 2.5nm (4600m) > 4000m.

I'll see if enlarging it to 6000m fixes the issue, later this evening.

Late to the party here...

I've been lately trying to get back into the A-10C in order to get ready for the Red Flag campaign. And the qualification campaign seems perfect for that.

Now, doing the BFT missions, I ran into the problem of not being able to turn off the ILS. A little research showed that this problem seems to be known. I tried the work-around by modifying the "clickabledata.lua" (setting cycle to true for the PWR switch) but that didn't work.

Any advice?

Kirin out

By comparing my TacView debrief with the editor it seems like the "SPRINGFIELD ON STATION" trigger zone is too small: the flight holds around the waypoint with a larger turn 2.5nm radius than the trigger's radius. Assuming the editor works in meters when talking about radiuses (WHY ED won't you units of measurements FFS), 2.5nm (4600m) > 4000m.

I'll see if enlarging it to 6000m fixes the issue, later this evening.

Don't worry about the trigger zones. The flight only has to fly through the zone once for the trigger to fire. It doesn't have to stay in the zone. Once it hits the waypoint it's active.

Late to the party here...

I've been lately trying to get back into the A-10C in order to get ready for the Red Flag campaign. And the qualification campaign seems perfect for that.

Now, doing the BFT missions, I ran into the problem of not being able to turn off the ILS. A little research showed that this problem seems to be known. I tried the work-around by modifying the "clickabledata.lua" (setting cycle to true for the PWR switch) but that didn't work.

Any advice?

Kirin out

Check that you are actually setting the ILS switch correctly. Many users get confused. Look at these images to determine the correct setting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=121760&d=1442980525

attachment.php?attachmentid=121759&d=1442980525

Wow - Sabre - yeah - I feel like a complete dumbass now... I was thinking aligning the 2 little white lines is ON - but there are NO two white lines - it's a black nose!!!

Damn! Thx, man! So the instructor was right to shout me down every time!

Wow - Sabre - yeah - I feel like a complete dumbass now... I was thinking aligning the 2 little white lines is ON - but there are NO two white lines - it's a black nose!!!

Damn! Thx, man! So the instructor was right to shout me down every time!

No worries. You are not the first to have made that mistake and I'm sure you won't be the last. :music_whistling:

Don't worry about the trigger zones. The flight only has to fly through the zone once for the trigger to fire. It doesn't have to stay in the zone. Once it hits the waypoint it's active.
The problem is the flight never gets in the zone. They start circling the waypoint before entering it altoghether.

BOAR is fine (I get the F10 menu entry as soon as they call on station), but I never get the SPRINGFIELD menu entry. I suspect this is the problem, but can't test it until tomorrow unfortunately.

Passed TAC11 tonight (Q- which I think was because the Maverick hit but didn't kill the second target, so had to reengage with a GBU12) although I ignored the instructor message to call VUL as I was inbound on the final target.

I'm pretty sure the JTAC explanation at random times was my fault. I'm not 100% sure when I switched to tactical channel in previous attempts, but the switch triggered the audio message on cue tonight.

The problem is the flight never gets in the zone. They start circling the waypoint before entering it altoghether.

BOAR is fine (I get the F10 menu entry as soon as they call on station), but I never get the SPRINGFIELD menu entry. I suspect this is the problem, but can't test it until tomorrow unfortunately.

I'll test it too as it is setup the same as BOAR and the zone is actually bigger at 4000 compared to BOAR at 3000.

ED AI changes strike again. :(

I managed to fix the mission, I think. Got a Q on the first try.

-CUT-

The only small bug I noticed is that I had two entries in the F10 menu for SPRINGFIELD to engage. It made no actual difference though.

Lost 2 on the second set of targets (he was forced to eject), along with his Mavericks. Luckily enough 3 was good with his cannon and destroyed two of the six tanks. He also got hit by MGs while mopping up FORDs target area (they missed quite a lot of targets there), although he managed to RTB.

Proof that when the mission works and the AI is in a good mood, these missions are awesome!

Sabre-TLA, I can send the fixed .miz file via email if you want to use it as a template.

Edited by Gliptal