Greb's Mission Revisions!

Greb

Greb I just flew the Runway mission. Again, hats off. Nice mission. I didnt take along IAMs and changed out the MK82air for just Mk82s x7. I love CCIP bomb runs and this mission was nice for that. Lined up on the runway heading, RIP Single/7xRipples/300 ft spacing. Had my wingman soften up the AAA for me just prior to my run in, still took some scratches. I didn't think the runway would be decommissioned, but 2 bombs fell a bit short and managed 5 bombs down the center line in my single pass. The only enemy aircraft that managed to get airborne had just taken off and they were 2x SU25's which my wingman and myself took care off.

I included some screens, plus there was an allied 25 that got it's nose blown off and was still flying and managed to make it back to home plate and land safely. Anyway.. really enjoyed it and appreciate it..keep'em coming.

ScreenShot_023.thumb.jpg.3c2d46d90e856f01f76347747e3fa0b2.jpg

ScreenShot_019.thumb.jpg.32511773af3cfd06a08c0e54e7f02eff.jpg

ScreenShot_018.thumb.jpg.040b568e4387b841c78ea83976de3993.jpg

ScreenShot_022.thumb.jpg.70e328dae34511eb4ddd08c74a08e513.jpg

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greb I just flew the Runway mission. Again, hats off. Nice mission. I didnt take along IAMs and changed out the MK82air for just Mk82s x7. I love CCIP bomb runs and this mission was nice for that. Lined up on the runway heading, RIP Single/7xRipples/300 ft spacing. Had my wingman soften up the AAA for me just prior to my run in, still took some scratches. I didn't think the runway would be decommissioned, but 2 bombs fell a bit short and managed 5 bombs down the center line in my single pass. The only enemy aircraft that managed to get airborne had just taken off and they were 2x SU25's which my wingman and myself took care off.

I included some screens, plus there was an allied 25 that got it's nose blown off and was still flying and managed to make it back to home plate and land safely. Anyway.. really enjoyed it and appreciate it..keep'em coming.

That's Freegin' awesome Doc! Damn what a battle. Yeah I am still getting somethings down and I just loaded it with JDAMS. I figured folks would just load what they were good with. Yeah you must of disabled it because their are two Mig 29's or Su 27's, can't remember, that take off right after Su 25's! That Georgian Su 25 looks torn up! He must of blew his tires when he landed. That Frog is one tough Little Jet I tell ya!

Got another one coming. Gonna eat dinner, fly it, and then post it. I have been in a total rock tossing mission state of mind all weekend. It's another addition to the Hawg Hunt series, "SP Hawg Hunt III". It' set right at sunset in the spring, loaded with Rockets, Mk82's and D Mav's.....nothing like a little IF battle!

Thanks for the Screenies!

Hey Greb, how did you get the sim to realize that it can't use the runways and to actually score the mission on the runway hits? I thought the runways weren't missionable objects...

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Greb, how did you get the sim to realize that it can't use the runways and to actually score the mission on the runway hits? I thought the runways weren't missionable objects...

There is a option for your flight. You know you place an aircraft and you get the details on the right side of the builder. Has callsign and Waypoints, Yada Yada yada! Where it shows CAS you can choose what you want it to be. One is Runway strike. I am guessing that is where its at. Other then that I didn't change anything or mark a ground objective.

New Mission! This one will really get your heart going. Man I just flew it and I am still shaking. Set at Spring time at dusk and with IF Mavs and bombs, rockets. Hitting a Russian Column. With some AAA in the area. BTR's in this one so stand back, when they connect....man my ears are still ringing. Let your wingy make the first strike and TGP the burning tanks. You will find plenty of targets.

Watch out for this Runway. It has a sink hole and its right after you make the turn to head for the tip of the take off point. The hole seems to be more in the left part of the lane as you make the corner. So swing wide and cut into the corner to the right like you were driving a race car, don't stop keep your speed up. ....didn't know this until after I built the mission! ...ARGH!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

See Initial thread for file.

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I need a DRINK!

Edited by Greb

SP Hawg Hunt III I am getting stuck on the taxiway to the 22 runway... Is it just me or is this one of the bugged airflields? Just behind the turn for the final few meters befor the runway...

hek

It's the runway Hekktor!

You have to power through it. Stay to the inside of the taxiway lane when you turn to take off tip of the runway. It's a bug. I didn't know this until after the mission. Hopefully it will be fixed in Beta 5. I apologize for this, from now one I will try all taxiways I build a mission for before hand. I didn't realize there was a bug on this runway until after I built the mission.

Hi Greb !

thanks for all mission!

we flew the MP Hawg Hunt mission and was very cool.

what do you think about shooting 1 or 2 bridges that convoy pass over to take a kind of trap :p

the idea is :

2 flight for 2 bridge. Each flight has his own bridge to kill. Bridges must be destroyed forward and backward the convoy .... flights must synchronysed , if they are: convoy is in a trap now :p

just finish the work simply :D

why not add a JTAC troop to point bridges with smoke for ex.

Hi Greb !

thanks for all mission!

we flew the MP Hawg Hunt mission and was very cool.

what do you think about shooting 1 or 2 bridges that convoy pass over to take a kind of trap :p

the idea is :

2 flight for 2 bridge. Each flight has his own bridge to kill. Bridges must be destroyed forward and backward the convoy .... flights must synchronysed , if they are: convoy is in a trap now :p

just finish the work simply :D

why not add a JTAC troop to point bridges with smoke for ex.

Good Stuff Forza! I will consider something like that for the next one. MP is a bit touchy right now, but those are some really good ideas!

I like to hit a tank or what not when he is crossing the bridge. Then he burns and blocks the bridge at the same time. I have noticed if the bridge is crossing a small river or valley the Units will go around the bridge by crossing river and/or valley. Makes for some fun turkey shoots.

Hi,

Flew on the russian runway mission, loving the traffic but don't know if its been mentioned but the aim-9's loaded are actually the training versions! It confused me for a while while hunting an Su-25T, resorting to guns. Ultimately i got hit by the last Su-25T firing a missile but I landed safely at the taken airport:).

Also flew the insurgent retreat mission(?? think its called) and had fun with the JTACs but was unclear about the buildings to bomb in the brief.

Altogether enjoyed these, thanks.

ScreenShot_004.thumb.jpg.79f7c50cfea57d1b19653ab89c3dde13.jpg

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.51319c3878621e08a0e08990894217eb.jpg

Hi,

Flew on the russian runway mission, loving the traffic but don't know if its been mentioned but the aim-9's loaded are actually the training versions! It confused me for a while while hunting an Su-25T, resorting to guns. Ultimately i got hit by the last Su-25T firing a missile but I landed safely at the taken airport:).

Also flew the insurgent retreat mission(?? think its called) and had fun with the JTACs but was unclear about the buildings to bomb in the brief.

Altogether enjoyed these, thanks.

Thanks for the Info! Glad ya liked them!

Added a new mission. Assigned 4 Bridges and AFAC. Set at midnight with no moon.....brush up on the ol' CDU under IFR conditions! Have Fun!

This one sounds interesting. Can't wait to fly this one.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

really liked this one Greb. Love the night missions. I liked the multiple target coordinates.. Took me longer than it normally takes to get to taxing, but I just went the Programing an additional Flight Plan on the CDU route. Got airborne, hit the "Setup" STPT, switched over to Flight Plan 2... 4x Target SPI.. Nice.. liked it a lot. I also liked the the bullseye calls of the ground armor because you had that predator up there..Apart from giving a heads up as to the ground units location, it also gave it some more atmosphere. Really good Greb.. keep'em coming... really appreciate the time and effort.

Yeah I really like the night stuff too Doc! You have to really pay attention to your instruments.

A good buddy of mine use to be a bush pilot out of Vancouver, BC, now retired, he flew Beavers and Otters. He use to tell me whenever he would train a pilot for his instrument rating, he would cover the windshield of the pilot testing. He would be forced to use his instruments. YOU had to trust your gauges. The thought of having to fly that way always intrigued me, and I guess the night missions are a way of getting a taste of that.

More on the way. Doing one up now!

Not sure Darren!

Have to wait and see. I have a pretty good handle on the ME....I think! LOL!!! I will update them if they're a problem. I have some stuff I have been working on, but was waiting for Beta 5 to hit. I guess we got time to do them up in 4 still. I will post a couple more over the weekend!