Greb's Mission Revisions!

Greb

Are these MP Greb? If so- I may want to host several of them publicly this coming week.

Nah they are for the mos part SP. If its an MP it will have MP before mission name. I have been holding off on MP until the final release....more then likely. You can have at them konkussion. If you have some ME knowledge I am sure you can go do it. I am just saving myself the frustration on MP right now! When the final is released I will be cranking them out for sure.

Edited by Greb

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Mission for ya! ....and its a Doozy!

I have been really trying my hand at getting more elements into the fight. This new mission is along the lines of a Hawg Hunt mission but it has AWACS and some SEAD F16's. I also did some really good Airport Activity on this one.

You are assigned to take out Russian Ground Forces, F16's will take out any SAM and AAA. Then the 16's will cover from Air threats as you pound ground targets. AWACS will also be on site to call out any bogeys that may come along.

There is a lot of Radio Chatter in this one. Listen for it. What I like about this mission is you can stay off coast and watch your TAD and you can see the whole Air Battle with the 16's and the AAA.

Tips:

1. When you hit your Orbit Waypoint turn to the ocean. Counterclockwise and orbit to the left. You will be far enough off the coast not to see the battle with the 16's, but it will be all over your TAD. (I have never seen a busier TAD). You will know that they have destroyed all the AAA threat when they go on station to provide Air Cover. Listen to the AWACS, he will call Bogeys. The F16's will call On station.

2. As Matt mentioned. There is a bug with targets on bridges. You kill a unit crossing a bridge and its instant crashola. I wanted to make the convoy move, but with AI engagement the bridge scenario is a when not an if. So I have them spread out and stationary. It takes a bit away.....but oh well, lets wait for beta 5 on that one.

This is a great mission. Spent all Saturday night and Sunday on it. Flown it several times without issue any horrific issues. The only other bug I have noticed is some sound looping. If a 16 pilot tells you Bingo RTB 20 times just turn the radio channel. I have found that stops the bingo call out. Have fun Fellas! This one is very immersible.

"SP Southbound REV 01"

See initial thread for file!

Thanks Greb. You, sir...are da man.

Any chance you can get an air refuel mission?

Been thinking about one Darren. I was thinking over the Ocean like you were flying to Iraq or Afghanistan for deployment. Will think on it some more!

Made a couple of Changes to Southbound mission and softened it up some. Been working on my AI engagement stuff and I wanted to make a few changes. Soutbound Lite is same mission but I changed one of the F16 flights to a CAP and left on as a SEAD. After SEAD kills SAM's and AAA then goes on station you are clear to engage ground forces. I changed the priorities of the F16's and made the CAP flight more aggressive towards the Migs. Those buggers were handing me my ass....hehehe!! Anyways have a go!

I will leave the original up. It's for those who like a little more AA engagement!

See Initial Thread for file!

Thanks for the info greb... nice mission.

Are you planning on putting out a mix of SP and MP?

If so, any chance you can mark them SP /MP so we know what they are for?

thanks again... your missions are great.

Now Im off to play your new one.

Jeff

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Thanks for the info greb... nice mission.

Are you planning on putting out a mix of SP and MP?

If so, any chance you can mark them SP /MP so we know what they are for?

thanks again... your missions are great.

Now Im off to play your new one.

Jeff

Will do Jeff!

I will add the SP/MP from now on. Glad you like them! WAIT until you fly the next one. GONNA be awesome and VERY immersive!

Edited by Greb

what's the major diff between mp and sp? just additional a/c marked as player?

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what's the major diff between mp and sp? just additional a/c marked as player?

Pretty much Cezar!

There are some animations that won't work like Runway starts and what not. If you convert one of my missions to MP you will have to elminate certain AI ground activity and ramp starts.

I am willing to do it, but not until release. I just have to many other SP Stuff in the works. I will create MP missions of my stuff, but like I said, it will be at release.

If you want to try cutting my stuff up to get it to work in MP ....have at her!

hey,

i tried the "Bomber before breakfast" mission and the 4 bridges attack ..... was very cool

for the bombers mission, should be cool if the ATAC give us a different laser code instead of the default 1688. Just to "play" with all stuff included into the game :p

sorry for my bad english ..... frenchies doesn t know speaking english :D

hey,

i tried the "Bomber before breakfast" mission and the 4 bridges attack ..... was very cool

for the bombers mission, should be cool if the ATAC give us a different laser code instead of the default 1688. Just to "play" with all stuff included into the game :p

sorry for my bad english ..... frenchies doesn t know speaking english :D

Oustanding Forza! You are so right....need to change that standard laser code, will do on the next one.

Try that "SP Soutbound Lite REV 01" Forza....it will knock your socks off!

Edited by Greb

Greb, really fun missions! also its nice to see you enjoy making them as much as us wannabe pilots enjoy flying them :D looking forward to your next mission

Glad you like them tdar!

Got another one coming up and its by far one of the best I have come up with. There is so much going on around you as far as AI engagement, as well as the radio chatter. Let's just say it will be hard to concentrate on the target area. I love building mission. Totally addicted to the ME! LOL!!!

Keep it up Greb. Loving your missions.

Thanks mtucker!

......heres another one for ya!

New Mission!

"SP Flanked REV 01"

Read the Brief. Still working on controlling the AI within the ME. This one is a little harrier then the Southbound, but some white knuckle fun.

Wait for the F16's to clear out the SAM and AAA and then go on station. AWACS will call Bandits and F15 provides CAP. Same as always, incoming and outgoing traffic, so watch your orbit spaces. Have Fun! See initial thread for file!

Tried the RU airfield attack- Sochi- I had 2 issues.. First- what's the point of the SU25's? I tried every radio combo I could and there was simply no response.. 265 & 275 UHF, 124 VHF AM & FM using the "Flight" set of commands to have them engage targets at Sochi.. I was able to get wingie to respond w/o problems..

Second- apparently there is a hostile responder at Sochi that just spawns in and rolls.. Personally- I am not a fan of that. At the very least he should be on the ramp and have to taxi.. Just my opinion :)

Tried the RU airfield attack- Sochi- I had 2 issues.. First- what's the point of the SU25's? I tried every radio combo I could and there was simply no response.. 265 & 275 UHF, 124 VHF AM & FM using the "Flight" set of commands to have them engage targets at Sochi.. I was able to get wingie to respond w/o problems..

Second- apparently there is a hostile responder at Sochi that just spawns in and rolls.. Personally- I am not a fan of that. At the very least he should be on the ramp and have to taxi.. Just my opinion :)

Thanks for the Input KonKussion. I will take a look. I know right now there is no audio response from the SU's WIP is my guess. There should be a text message though. The hostile spawns. One is on Ramp and one is on Runway start. That is changeable. I will take a look at it today. Still mastering editors and I need to go back and revamp some things. Radio's most of all, and I have been doing that the last few days.

Thanks for the suggestions! :thumbup:

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong on the comms part...

Yeah- the AI will always have issues. There isn't any one thing- it's the sum total. When I factor in all-knowing, insta-locate/lock/fire from ridiculous angles, plus my extremely high workload A10, plus my general NoOb-ness .. I'd make it a little harder on that AI plane to defend the base..

Also- I must say- I can't see a DAMN thing.. (all over- not your mission) I hope the visibility improves.. I watched the AI defender's missile launch from the rail- couldn't see him AT ALL. Looked like it came from open water and the damn thing was only 2-3 miles away? gawd... maybe it's an ATI thing.. Many LOMAC versions ago there was a terrible haze bug for Radeon card owners..

Edited by S77th-konkussion

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong on the comms part...

Yeah- the AI will always have issues. There isn't any one thing- it's the sum total. When I factor in all-knowing, insta-locate/lock/fire from ridiculous angles, plus my extremely high workload A10, plus my general NoOb-ness .. I'd make it a little harder on that AI plane to defend the base..

Also- I must say- I can't see a DAMN thing.. (all over- not your mission) I hope the visibility improves.. I watched the AI defender's missile launch from the rail- couldn't see him AT ALL. Looked like it came from open water and the damn thing was only 2-3 miles away? gawd... maybe it's an ATI thing.. Many LOMAC versions ago there was a terrible haze bug for Radeon card owners..

Yeah konkussion I have always been an ATI users until DCS A10. In the field I have seen WAY to many nvidia failures....Laptop for the most part. ATI is a good card but they hold things close to the chest if you know what I mean. About 2 years ago Nvidia had a HUGE failure rate and it really scared me off them. I was replacing 20 a week easy in the field.

Started reworking that Airfield strike tonight. I think I found a way to end mission message once the runway is hit. Still testing though.

Try that Flanked and that Southbound Lite. It will get your heart going!

Edited by Greb

Flew the SP Southbound lite version today and SP Flanked. Enjoyed both of the very much. I did get your message about the scores in the mission editor- thanks, no need to apologize- you've been providing us with a lot of air time. Will be watching for your next "barn burner" . Can't even remember where the hell I heard that expression but its used by friends. It's a good thing by the way

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Grebs, was thinking. Since your update and adapt your files to make corrections and updates, perhaps it would be useful to package up all of your latest mission versions into one zip file so I can just download the one zip file and unpack it and overwrite my previous Grebs missions with the newest version? Maybe not, but just a thought, not to replace the individual file list, but an additional zipped all inclusive latest versions would be nice.

Grebs, was thinking. Since your update and adapt your files to make corrections and updates, perhaps it would be useful to package up all of your latest mission versions into one zip file so I can just download the one zip file and unpack it and overwrite my previous Grebs missions with the newest version? Maybe not, but just a thought, not to replace the individual file list, but an additional zipped all inclusive latest versions would be nice.

Got something like that in the works bud! It's getting there. I am finishing off some new stuff right now and everything will be updated.