SU-33 Hud

Hello

When I do carrier landings in the SU-33 there are 2 concentric circles in the Hud, one small & a little bigger one. Can someone explain exactly what those 2 are for?

Thanx

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

http://www.flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Download and watch the Carrier Quals video. ;)

Thank's

I have watched the video & searched over the internet, I found no info on the small cirkle.

I'am a IRL CPL holder.I mange to do OK carrier landings, aircraft symbol linded up with the small & big cirkle,AoA on green, speed Ok.

I just can't figure out the small cirkle in the hud? the big is for ILS bem right? so what is the little one for?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Put the small circle in the big circle.

From Teka Teka.

HUD.png

To the left of the HUD is the ISM-1 AoA indicator. It shows the deviation from assigned AoA on the glide path. It's very useful to help keep the assigned speed on the glide path :

YELLOW BLINKING - AoA is dangerously low; reduce the airspeed,

YELLOW - AoA is less than assigned, slightly reduce the airspeed,

YELLOW+GREEN - AoA is little bit less than assigned, adjust the airspeed,

GREEN - AoA is normal, keep the current airspeed,

RED+GREEN - AoA is little more than assigned, rise the airspeed,

RED - AoA is more than assigned, urgently increase the airspeed,

RED BLINKING - AoA is critically high

Keeping the ADI steering and ILS bars centered and the green light on the ISM-1 will provide a precise final approach to the carrier.