Pray for me

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

meh 6800gt died tonight and I am back using meh 5900u, Please pray that they accept my story of I didnt do that ;) and also I think I have like 2 weeks left before my 1 year guarantee runs out, so I hope it gets there in time :icon_redf looks like 7800 here I come :D

If they don't . . . and you bought it with a credit card, the credit card will almost certainly provide an additional year of warranty. It's part of every VISA/MC benefit agreement I have ever seen. Might as well. . . Heck, its a free benefit. Why not use it?!

I buy everything with a credit card and will not buy any computer part with a lifetime warranty (except ram). My experiencvce is that the 'lifetime' warranties on Vcards are bogas. When a 'lifetime' card breaks in 5 years, you may only get get 20% . . .and that's if you are lucky! Credit card companies will go an additional year even after the expiration of a mfg's 3 year warranty. So it's the 5th year that becomes the domain of a wifetime warranty. I like the 3 year mfg's warranties. That gives me 4 full years of coverage. If it breaks in the 4th year, the CC company will refund the full amount, no problem.

Has anyone had a good experience (ie, full refund, because the card doesn't even exist anymore!) with a 5 year-old, broken, lifetime Vcard? That would be a really helpful tip!

They should change it.

If you can remember a few weeks ago I also fried my 6800GT and I asked them to change it to a 6800 Ultra. I gave them an extra £50 and they changed it no questions asked. Recieved the Ultra on Thursday. :D

I just hope they don't notice that the thermal paste is Arctic Cooling paste where I had the NV cooler fitted to it. ;)

I will pray for you my Son.

Lomac is my Shepard, I shall not want more fps. It maketh me fly down in green valleys; it leadeth me beside still water textures. It restoreth my fuel; it leadeth me through the waypoints of my route for my saftys sake. Yea, thought I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thy RWR art with me; thy AGM-65s and thy MK20s they comfort me. Surely Flaming Cliffs 1.1 shall be the one, and goodness and mercy shall follow it all the days of it's testing; and I will fly in the sim of Lomac forever. Amen.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

When they ask you - GIVE NO REASON.

Just say it simply died on you.

You turned your PC on, and you got a blank screen. You yanked it out (gently), (carefully) placed into a box and mailed it to them.

Just don't say anything. You don't know what overclocking is, your PC is very well ventilated, and you use it for typing letters and playing ... uhmmm ... solitaire.

It just died. Please send me another.

That is what I did, when my ATI 9800 died on me, they send me a new one.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

well ppl the prayers worked, having the 6800gt die on me was the last straw for this pc, only 1 month since I replaced 3 hdds, mobo, psu and router due to faulty wiring on wall socket, the card dieing was IT! So i been up all night looking for a new pc, cudnt really find what i was needing and I was thinking bout building another pc but after all the hassle of RMAin all that stuff to different manufacturers previously " It did my NUT in " I have decided to go all out and get a decent all in one pc. after hours of looking and finding nothing I really wanted I remembered Alienware, I checked em out and dam you'd think they were made out of actual gold because of the prices they charge, anyways I have decided to purchase an Alienware Aurora 7500. My selection is as follows:

[1] Aurora™ 7500

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional UK with SP2 - English

Warranty: AlienCare 3-Year Free Phone 24/7 and Collect & Return

Case: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Plasma Purple

Power Supply: Enermax EG701AX-VE (W) 600 Watt Power Supply SLI ready

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology

Motherboard: Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express

Memory: 2GB Alienware® Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 4 x 512MB

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX PCX 256MB w/Digital and TV Out

Hard Drive: 200 GB Western Digital Caviar SE Serial ATA 7,200 rpm w/ 8MB Cache - Quantity 1

Optical Drive One: NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1

Network Card: Integrated High Performance 3Com® Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (DSL-ready)

Floppy Drive & Additional Storage: 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - Black

AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit

Alienware Cinema Studio: Pinnacle Studio version 9 SE

Alienware Cinema Studio: Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD SE

Keyboard: Logitech Internet Keyboard UK - Space Black

Mouse: Microsoft® IntelliMouse Explorer USB 4.0 - Plasma Purple

Headphones: Sennheiser PC140 Multimedia Headset

Tuning - Cable Management: Alienware® Cable Management System

Tuning - Video Cooling: AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling System - Terra Green

Tuning - Performance Optimiser: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance

AlienInspection: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - £50 Value - FREE!

AlienWiring: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - £50 Value - FREE!

Automated Support: AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System

Free T-Shirt: Alienware® T-Shirt - Black - XL

Even get A "FREE" T-Shirt and all this for the great knockdown price of.. Drum roll please!

SubTotal: £2,002.00

Discount: £0.00

Vat: £360.62

Shipping: £58.68

Order Total: £2,421.30

Again, Alienware thanks you for your business.

^ oh makes me feel special that part :)

= me broke for the next 12 months. supposdly ships on 12 july if they can get hold of the processor, seems as tho they got 7800s tho.

P.S thanx for the prayers ;)

well ppl the prayers worked, having the 6800gt die on me was the last straw for this pc, only 1 month since I replaced 3 hdds, mobo, psu and router due to faulty wiring on wall socket, the card dieing was IT! So i been up all night looking for a new pc, cudnt really find what i was needing and I was thinking bout building another pc but after all the hassle of RMAin all that stuff to different manufacturers previously " It did my NUT in " I have decided to go all out and get a decent all in one pc. after hours of looking and finding nothing I really wanted I remembered Alienware, I checked em out and dam you'd think they were made out of actual gold because of the prices they charge, anyways I have decided to purchase an Alienware Aurora 7500. My selection is as follows:

[1] Aurora™ 7500

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional UK with SP2 - English

Warranty: AlienCare 3-Year Free Phone 24/7 and Collect & Return

Case: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Plasma Purple

Power Supply: Enermax EG701AX-VE (W) 600 Watt Power Supply SLI ready

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology

Motherboard: Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express

Memory: 2GB Alienware® Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 4 x 512MB

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX PCX 256MB w/Digital and TV Out

Hard Drive: 200 GB Western Digital Caviar SE Serial ATA 7,200 rpm w/ 8MB Cache - Quantity 1

Optical Drive One: NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1

Network Card: Integrated High Performance 3Com® Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (DSL-ready)

Floppy Drive & Additional Storage: 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - Black

AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit

Alienware Cinema Studio: Pinnacle Studio version 9 SE

Alienware Cinema Studio: Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD SE

Keyboard: Logitech Internet Keyboard UK - Space Black

Mouse: Microsoft® IntelliMouse Explorer USB 4.0 - Plasma Purple

Headphones: Sennheiser PC140 Multimedia Headset

Tuning - Cable Management: Alienware® Cable Management System

Tuning - Video Cooling: AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling System - Terra Green

Tuning - Performance Optimiser: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance

AlienInspection: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - £50 Value - FREE!

AlienWiring: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - £50 Value - FREE!

Automated Support: AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System

Free T-Shirt: Alienware® T-Shirt - Black - XL

Even get A "FREE" T-Shirt and all this for the great knockdown price of.. Drum roll please!

SubTotal: £2,002.00

Discount: £0.00

Vat: £360.62

Shipping: £58.68

Order Total: £2,421.30

Again, Alienware thanks you for your business.

no.. thank you for your money :)

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ah how leet is the prudential, they gonna replace 6800gt on monday/tuesday. saves me the trouble of waiting a minimum of 8 weeks with gainward, also replaceing 1 hdd and router which i gave up for dead :D:D:D:D

I don't want to bust your bubble or anything but wouldn't it just be a lot cheaper to build another one ???????

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I think it really depends on how much you make at your regular job and how badly you want to build it yourself... You can most likely built a little better pc by doing it yourself.

I have built many pcs in the past, but don't really want to spend the time anymore. I make good money and could work just a few hours at what I loke to do, to pay for someone else to put it together and test it for me. Plus, often you get some additional software with a purchased pc, and you don't have to spend more money on that if you built it yourself.

I think it really depends on how much you make at your regular job and how badly you want to build it yourself... You can most likely built a little better pc by doing it yourself.

I have built many pcs in the past, but don't really want to spend the time anymore. I make good money and could work just a few hours at what I loke to do, to pay for someone else to put it together and test it for me. Plus, often you get some additional software with a purchased pc, and you don't have to spend more money on that if you built it yourself.

For me its more work related to building my own as I work in retail electronics and I'm allways getting new products from the manufacturers at below cost .....

Personally I really enjoy building systems its the challange you know....

Also when you do it this way you actually aquire first hand knowlege that is an invaluable tool....

I also make a fairly good living and could have it done for me......

But I just enjoy putting things together and powering them up......

No offence but I think that most flight simmers feel the same way, its just part of the experience.......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I work repairing/building pc's and tbh i am sick of it, sure its easy enough to build another pc, but I cant be bothered, I always wanted a top of the range pc "without building it" and now is the right time, If it doesnt perform better than the ones I make then it will be my last pc that i buy all in one, but if it gives me better performance/stability without tweaking every single day, then i will be happy. this year = me taking time out from building meh own stuff, the main reason being is, that i just cant b arsed building stuff, for it to **** up then having to wait months for all the parts to be sent back to you after you have rma'd then. I also wouldnt say that most flight simmers build there own stuff, ok they may upgrade vid cards here and there but the majority of flight simmers have off the shelf pc's only the small minority of flight simmers would actually build a whole pc to fly, same with most games i would presume, buy it off the shelf and add some memory and another vid card, thats about it IMHO...

p.s. and no it wouldnt be alot cheaper, i priced the pc i am buying against just the parts, and there was just a few hundred pounds of a difference, plus you have the satisfaction of having everything covered from one company and there support service, which can cover the whole cost of your pc if need be. so it doesnt work out that much cheaper, well not for me anyways :(