Hud color

vegachavez

well - {0, 150/255, 0, 255/255}.. will only handle the intensity of green.

What you have done with your edit: {0, 150/255, 0, 255/255} you have reduced 100% green of the HUD to ~58%. So it only got lighter/less intense. - so it is no big surprise that you have still the same colour (but less intense)

Reminder: #39

to get a significant change in colour you have to use all "vales" - means:

Change also Red and Blue.

Example: {100/255, 150/255, 100/255, 255/255}

Hummm Ill try that...let u know

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Nahhhh same thing...no changes at all..I think Ill give up....

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

• ED Team
Nahhhh same thing...no changes at all..I think Ill give up....

I just have tried it by myself, and have found it working - color does change. As I said you before you need a graphical editor (Windows Paint will perfectly fit for this task) to determine RGB components, because an editor will give you an instant visual feedback on what you get. Use color pick tool in an editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I just have tried it by myself, and have found it working - color does change. As I said you before you need a graphical editor (Windows Paint will perfectly fit for this task) to determine RGB components, because an editor will give you an instant visual feedback on what you get. Use color pick tool in an editor.

Olgerd ..this is the path?: \Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\HUD\Indicator\HUD_init.lua ???

what values you used?

I just want to trie exactly the same way u did so I can have idea..using paint, I like this screen shot setting...the thing is make it work..all in all I just want a more solid dark green so wen I am in day 12 am mission never lose my hud information pointing at white/light scenario

hud.thumb.JPG.f9fa785124a8cd38cfaaffb2c1982faf.JPG

Did you use notepad++ to edit?

Did you save the file after you edited? (Usually you have to remove the file from the DCS directory to your desktop [or anywhere else] in order to be able to save)

Oh no I dint do that I have windos 7 and after saving and reopen again the values change were there ...I use notepad++... but change and save right there....sorry my ignorance....never dealing with this before....:(

Edited by Peter22

If the values stayed the same when you edited (then closed the file and re-opened)than you probably don't have to worry about what I suggested.

ok well that I did....however I got no changes in the hud green color

Bummer.

Although I have no interest in the mod, I'll give a shot tonight and report back

that will be nice

Search for HUD_init in your DCS world directory and copy the file to your desktop.

Edit the values with notepad++

These are the values I used for the above screenshot

day_color    = {44/255, 60/255, 199/255, 255/255}
night_color  = {44/255, 60/255, 199/255, 255/255}

Save the file and place the original one somewhere as a backup. Put your newly edited file in the folder and you're good to go

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Search for HUD_init in your DCS world directory and copy the file to your desktop.

Edit the values with notepad++

These are the values I used for the above screenshot

day_color    = {44/255, 60/255, 199/255, 255/255}
night_color  = {44/255, 60/255, 199/255, 255/255}

Save the file and place the original one somewhere as a backup. Put your newly edited file in the folder and you're good to go

Thank you smokey I will do it exactly as u say..I guess i was missing to get the hud file somewere else to edit..and save...I let u guys know tonight :thumbup:

..all in all I just want a more solid dark green so wen I am in day 12 am mission never lose my hud information pointing at white/light scenario

I hate to repeat myself:

Some physics:

Getting a coloured light (RGB) darker without to reduce intensity (transparency) = Not possible - In Real life and also in the Sim.

The HUD is working as in RL and fine in the Sim (I had the opportunity to use a HUD twice in RL) - it can only be clearly visible as long the lightning of the background is not brighter as the HUD.

IMHO, you really should visit a colour/brightness calibration wizard that is buried somewhere in your GPU properties.

What you want to do (a more solid dark green) is not possible! - in RL and in the Sim with the HUD.

Here is a picture to help your imagination:

Q: How are you able to project the colour Black with a projector?

A: You don't put any light on the parts that should be Black. - and it will only appear black as long the background is also black.

So:

Getting the Green HUD darker to "dark Green" is not working - doesn't mater how long you try. -Point.

Let the guy dream lol.

...In all seriousness you're absolutely right PeterP.

After having played around with the settings I Will say that the guy might find something a little more pleasing to his eye. Definitely won't be darker, but I do believe a few of the values I input were (appear) brighter

That screenshot I posted not being one of them... Pure white is surprisingly bright

Let the guy dream lol.

...In all seriousness you're absolutely right PeterP.

After having played around with the settings I Will say that the guy might find something a little more pleasing to his eye. Definitely won't be darker, but I do believe a few of the values I input were (appear) brighter

That screenshot I posted not being one of them... Pure white is surprisingly bright

"After having played around with the settings I Will say that the guy might find something a little more pleasing to his eye"

This is what is all this about....

Thank you guys for u time...definitelly, I will set the most convinience for me ...for sure NOT the default green :thumbup:

well I have been struggling with faded green and have spend days trying to find a solution as I doubt that real pilots have to "suck it up" ,if they can put cameras in mavs then they surely would have a descent readable hud set up!

However somebody mentioned here that it could be a pC problem and it occurred to me to right click my screen and check my Nvidea settings and surprise, the Gamma setting was way to far to the right and adjustment and back to a crisp strong green again :-)

I would check your card settings before adjusting the hud numbers

I doubt that real pilots have to "suck it up"

They do have to suck it up, believe it or not. This is first-hand knowledge I am speaking of here. Real HUDs can be incredibly hard to read in certain conditions. Should you ever get the chance (maybe at an airshow or some such) try to look through a HUD yourself, should be easy enough to switch it on real quick by the person attending the particular aircraft.

Edited by Cookie

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Thanks for sharing this. So far so good it defiantly stands out better against the green scenery and is crisp against sky textures as well

Interesting, that stands out far less to me than the green HUD. Do you have a color blindness/deficiency condition?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Those were the first values I entered randomly... I personally think the green is far more visible, I just needed to post an example to show that it worked.

Try:

255/255 255/255 255/255 255/255

That'll make the HUD bright white. From the small amount if testing I did this seemed the brightest and most visible to me

Interesting, that stands out far less to me than the green HUD.

Same here. My standard HUD is much more readable than the purple one shown in the pic.

EDIT: And just for the record, my eyes get checked annually as well, it´s necessary if I wanna keep my job. ;)

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs