iControl DCS - iPad Cockpit

Does your app will work on the iPhone4 ?

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks for the appreciation. Fixed a few issues this week, have a few more things to implement that Apple will require, and then it's time to submit it. Hoping to get it submitted within the next week or two!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

boarder2, that's a really slick piece of software you've created! I too would be interested in an Android version so please keep us posted.

In fact, I was planning on purchasing a couple of 8" USB monitors to go with a pair of MFD Cougar Multifunctional Cockpit Panels, but I like your solution much better...so I am going to delay that order for awhile.

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

I've just updated the website with information about the plans for release soon!

http://www.bit-shift.com/home/icontrol-dcs/releaseinformation-buyearlyatareducedprice

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Guys this is a must have product for this game if you have an iPad. In fact I bought a second because of this app.... boarder2 has done a phenomenal job with it. I've tested it quote thoroughly and I don't think I could fly without it anymore...

Support him and this great development! His planned updates are going to be great as well.

Thanks boarder2!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

Submitted to Apple today, now we play the waiting game!

Thanks to everyone who helped test.

Will update when it's officially released!

I have gotten a combination view with the UFC and both MFDs on a single display working today. It will come with version two, which won't be too far behind the first version when Apple finally approves it!

I'll post a new video of it soon!

Here's a preview of Version 2, which I've already started working on and includes a combination UFC/MFCD view!

Not only that, but I've finally gotten a little time to sit down and learn how to blow stuff up!

Edited by boarder2

• 3 months later...

I have to admit this looks freaking amazing. I just bought it for the app store. Then I realized that I don't have wireless in my office (doesn't reach since my office isn't attached to the main house) so I have to buy a WAP for my office now. If it works as well as it looks from the videos it will be worth the $30.

Lets not let this thread die!

So I started playing with this app yesterday and have to say that I am pretty impressed. Its a bit expensive even for what it does (in my opinion of course - it is half the cost of A-10 itself!!). It does exactly what the videos he has released show... interfaces with the simulation and aids a lot in terms of immersion. Until I get my simpit finished I don't think I will fly without this app... it is pretty bad ass!!

First, a few issues:

1. Need to make the "zip unpacking" fix more prominent on the website or find a different way to distribute the server application (unpacking EXE file?). I had read about needing to do that prior to purchasing the app but forgot about it when I downloaded the server later that day. Thus I spent about 60 frustrating minutes trying to figure it out before getting an email from the developer on how to fix it. Should also reference the exact error message since it is misleading... the error says there is a problem with the Bonjour service but it is actually a zip file unpacking error. So I was troubleshooting the Bonjour service the whole time.

2. Inadvertent button presses are common when navigate between screens. I wanted to go to my MFD view as I approached my target and hit the landing gear button as I swiped. This caused my landing gear to go down and then it changed to the MFD page so I had to go back to the main view, raise my landing gear, and then go back to the MFD page... all while ingress to the target. Not good! The swiping is cool but I would rather have a navigation bar or buttons on the right or left side of the screen to switch between them instead.

Upgrade Request:

1. Make a full zoomed out cockpit view as the main view. Then you can tap on any panel to have it go full screen for use. Another tap of a button sends you back to the full cockpit view. This would make it much faster to select panels for use, get you more familiar with the cockpit, feel more realistic, etc, etc. It would mean that you have to model each panel in the app but that would be awesome none-the-less! Seeing as how the app is half the cost of the full simulation itself I personally think it should support them all.

Any updates on this? More features maybe, better stability, etc.

What stability problems are you having? If you're having crashes, please submit the crash logs through iTunes. There's no way for them to get fixed if I don't know about them :)

How do you hide the exported mfds / cdu ? I'm using a single monitor, every thing is up and running, just annoying having the exported mfds and cdu blocking my view.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Well I went ahead and just used a second monitor for the export, now the issue is that the mfds are not alined on the ipad screen. They seem off centered or only half way on the ipad screen.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

I solved the problem, you have to let the aspect ratio remain at what ever it is set to automatically after you adjust the screen resolution in game.

I tried your fix, didn't work with my vid card.

Ghost, I'm gonna try out the ipad pit for blackshark. Any thoughts on getting it running for the new BMS-4 mod for falcon ?

Edited by Skoop