Crosswind Landing Troube

jwflowersii

It wasn't pretty but i managed it first time. I don't have pedals so i have to use keyboard for rudder. Taking my hand off the throttle was a pain to adjust rudder etc. Shredded tyres and all over the place on the runway but no one got killed :)

Here's the first attempt track

That's the same problem I'm having blown tires no matter what speed.

First attempt I landed it okay but blew all the tyres. Second and third I broke various parts of the gear, but still came down intact.

This is my fourth go where I tried a different technique, and got down without any busted tyres. Didn't even have to jetison anything. ;) I came down hard on the left gear though, very surprised it didn't blow.

Track played back okay on my PC, hopefully it'll be okay for you guys...

Xwind.trk [968 KB]

I tried your mission. I got it on the ground, but consistently blew at least 1 tire and usually all tires :p

Pretty extreme conditions: trailing crosswind with a pretty good sheer at about 300 ft. If I recall, the winds are 145 @ 27 and the runway is 06? :joystick:

I wouldn't feel bad about not being able to nail this one consistently. I don't know what the crosswind/tailwind limits are for an a-10, but I suspect this exceeds them.

I have noticed in several missions, you are tasked with landing in this type of conditions. Maybe the mission builders will be more reasonable in the future. :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Landed with stores minus 2 mavs that I felt needed to be shot at some planes. I thought there was 4 though :(

I use the fully standard 10deg GS with SAS off so the wind and rudder doesn't confuse it or whatever... Just before touchdown kill the flaps to cut lift and avoid any weird turbulence induced unlandings. Landing was a bit hard but I forgot I didn't jettison the stores this time :/ I suspect it's fairly repeatable if done slightly more carefully.

lol.trk

The problem is not the crosswind. The problem is the windshear. Also the ATC directs you to runway 30 with a wind from 120-150... So you are landing with windshear, tail wind and heavy... I landed it well after jettison all weight and instead of landing on 30 I landed on runway 12.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I've been too lazy to update to 1.1.0.7 so i recorded this with 1.1.0.6.. hope this plays out well with the new version..

edit: just tested it with the newer version.. it plays it wrong..

guess ill need to record a new one :P

Edit 2: it seems im unable to fly with the latest patch :( terrible stutters and freezes

Land.trk

Edited by Tracer2k

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------