Corrected HUD Snap View

Sinky

I've corrected the default HUD snap view. I got tired of zooming on the HUD manually when making a strafing run, makes pulling out of the run more difficult whilst your trying to reset your view. The HUD in the tweaked view is no more cut off than the default cockpit position. Hopefully this will be of use to some people.

Firstly please backup any file before you edit it. You can apply this change to either SnapViewsDefault.lua or SnapViews.lua both of which are located in your Config/View folder. You may have to edit the UseDefaultSnapViews in View.lua if you choose to use SnapViews.lua. The changes you will need to make are shown below.

Snap[11][6] = {}
Snap[11][6]["viewAngle"] = 28
Snap[11][6]["x_trans"] = 0.36
Snap[11][6]["hAngle"] = 0
Snap[11][6]["y_trans"] = -0.041336805555555564
Snap[11][6]["rollAngle"] = 0
Snap[11][6]["vAngle"] = -8.5
Snap[11][6]["z_trans"] = 0

Your mileage may vary on different resolutions. This is how it looks in my game.

Screen_110423_072209.thumb.jpg.7cea1a5bd5627b27654ab25ee65b0c42.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

Glad it's helped a few people. I take it that it's scaling fine on higher resolutions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

I'm going to try this out. I used the HUD snap in the past but started using the zoom instead since the snap view was 'off'.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

good idea! which shortcut you gave the paddle switch?

Or, how can i assign Num 5 + Num 0 to the paddle switch?

Edited by storemaster

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just mapped it in the sim. Search for the command under "View" category. I think its name is "Snap View 5" or so.

I have view 5 mapped to paddle but I have to hold it. Can it be set to toggle? If so how?

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

I found the toggle option with the search option. The command is Rctrl + Num0 + Num5 so i used the mic in button on my warthawg hotas as toggle. The command is Rctrl + Num0 to toggle to the front dash then click the paddle on the stick for command Num5 and this will hold the hud view. When pulling out of a run just click the mic in button Rctrl + Num0.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

• 5 months later...

Sorry, I do not understand... What exactly did you change? The normal HUD snap view looks pretty much the same to me. Maybe your's has a little bit more zoom...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Thanks Sinky I will try it out.Got a question for you since you know a bit about the views.I would like to control my zoom so that you can only zoom in a certain amount and vice versa zoom out only a certain amount.Do you know what I could change to set this to my liking?

Another question I have is does anybody know what the hud frame dimensions are.I like to zoom in only to this point as a realism point for me.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Thanks guys gonna study the blog first.What do you mean when you say zoom in on PAC1?Does this have to do with a two stage trigger.Right now I am just learning to ramp start/fly and navigate and will get into the meat of this sim when I get my X65f around Christmas and I read that it does not have a two stage trigger.And can I set it so it only zooms a certain amount?

While we are on the PAC subject,exactly how does this work.Does an autopilot take over and control the recoil with no input of the pilot needed?

PAC stabilizes the plane to focus on where the gun sight is pointing when it's engaged by pressing trigger stage one.

A two stage trigger is pretty important to me. Maybe check out x52 pro or non pro.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

But how does it stabilize? I would think that when you fire the PAC noses the plane down hard and fast to compensate and then returns the elevator to position you had it before you fire?

Thanks guys gonna study the blog first.What do you mean when you say zoom in on PAC1?Does this have to do with a two stage trigger.

Yes

,but:

Following is just a example - you can use it on a toggle-switch/button or bands -It don't has to be a Press/Release command.

But how does it stabilize? I would think that when you fire the PAC noses the plane down hard and fast to compensate and then returns the elevator to position you had it before you fire?

Everything is explained in the Flight manual:

page 49, read> EAC/Precision Attitude Control (PAC)

Page 89,

Note: The Precision Attitude Control (PAC) system can be assigned to a single stage trigger to be enabled when the cannon is fired. If you have a two-stage trigger joystick, you may assign PACS to the first stage and cannon fire to the second stage.

If you have a programmable control stick at home, you may wish to program it to match these settings. You can do so using the input control manager in the options screen.

Page 108, read> 2. GUN/PAC

Page 149, Figure 117. SAS Panel

SAS is a two-channel flight augmentation system that enhances control in both pitch and yaw. As noted earlier, SAS helps to provide coordinated turns, pitch and yaw rate dampening, pitch trim compensation, and makes the A-10C a more stable aircraft to fly. Additionally, systems like PAC use SAS to adjust pitch and yaw when engaged to PAC 1 and PAC 2 up to 10-degrees.

Yeah the PAC stabilizes the plane against nose up whilst firing. I dont think i could destroy a mbt without it.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals