Night Vision and button alignment prob?

Kurtz

Hi, ive been away from DCS for a while, but have recently returned and am currently relearning some stuff. Anyway today I flew a stock mission with poor visibilty. The problem i was having though was that after deploying NVG I found that i could not operate cockpit controls correctly due to what appears to be a misalignment.

eg: i cannot adjust NVG brightness while NVG are active as the mouse curser doesnt seem to align correctly with knob?

So I found myself having to disengage NVG for each cockpit input. Has this bug been around for a while, or new?

regards

Kurtz

spec- DCS latest version, X52pro, saitek pedals, TrackIR4(v5 software), Vista 32, Ricardos HD pit mod, custom sounds etc

There is no NVG brightness knob in the cockpit? The control is on your helmet so keyboard only for gain up/down.

hmmsbrt.jpg

This knob in the picture appears to perform that function when NVG is active. Regardless though if i am identifying the correct knob, i cant control it while nvg is active for some reason? Is this a known issue with or without Ricardos HD Pit?

Ok thanks Frederf, i'll look for a problem at my end. It might be a problem with the Ricardo pit and my dual monitor setup. I'll live with it anyhow as im in love with the Ricardo HD pit.

• 2 months later...
Hi, ive been away from DCS for a while, but have recently returned and am currently relearning some stuff. Anyway today I flew a stock mission with poor visibilty. The problem i was having though was that after deploying NVG I found that i could not operate cockpit controls correctly due to what appears to be a misalignment.

eg: i cannot adjust NVG brightness while NVG are active as the mouse curser doesnt seem to align correctly with knob?

So I found myself having to disengage NVG for each cockpit input. Has this bug been around for a while, or new?

regards

Kurtz

spec- DCS latest version, X52pro, saitek pedals, TrackIR4(v5 software), Vista 32, Ricardos HD pit mod, custom sounds etc

I have this problem too...

Someone resolved ?

• 2 months later...

Is this a know bug with NVG and running multiple screens? the aspect ratio gets all messed up, the camera jumps to the left and you can't click any cockpit buttons, when I activated NVG. I also have RICORDO MOD, will try removing it.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

If any one is having problems with this.

I found a solution in another thread, but it is a big long winded and confusing: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54291&page=5

In your screen control panel software (Windows 7 shown) put your screens on top of each other like this (even if they are not really):

attachment.php?attachmentid=57710&stc=1&d=1319149890

and then reset up your cockpit export, remember to change the horizontal (X) resolution in options.lua to your single biggest screen size (this is what fixes the stretching):)

801704846_Screensontop.thumb.jpg.568c376b41219198a6ad952b13114720.jpg

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey