Oldies Goldies

Decided to show you, what I still keep in ORIGINAL packaging (moved three times). Bought it back in 98 and flew countless hours with it, more or less in Janes F15E Strike Eagle ... 90% online. Since i stopped playing that game / sim, I packed it back in to original packaging and keeping it in sight :D

Probably it still works, and if I would plug it in it would most likely have Janes F15 or Descent configuration on it .. that is if it did not discharge yet.

Overall It has a slight play in X (left - right) axis which would extend to 1mm to either side of dead center. All buttons and hat switches still make the click sound when pressed. TM F22 is more stiffer at the edges and even more so in the corners than his youngest brother - TM WH. Feels totally different compared to TM WH too! Bland, shallow and just weird now that my hand got used to TM WH. But hey, F22 served me well! I never thought about selling it nor will I ever think about it :P

I'll post a pic of F22 along with WH tomorrow when I get home

The Thrustmaster F22 Pro Joystick :P

img_9909.jpg

More images here: http://blog.night.si/?page_id=130&album=4&gallery=50

Or along with modified F16 TQS:

img_1990.jpg

More images here: http://blog.night.si/?page_id=130&album=4&gallery=3 &

http://blog.night.si/?page_id=130&album=4&gallery=2

Oldies goldies of 98 biggrin.gif

Post yours :joystick:

Edited by Nu-NRG

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

I have a set of those too. However I don't have the original boxes.

They have been rebuilt and I have mucho spare parts plus another stick for parts. I always did like them.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

Nice to see that box again.

I sent my F-22 to Thrustmaster UK for repairs back in '98 in that original box. They decided to send it back without it.

I used F-22/TQS in 1998-2008. During that time it developed tremendous spiking and about 2cm center play instead of 1mm!

Edited by Maverick

Those buttons and rotaries are REALLY WHITE..... JEESH. They didn't get dingy over the years.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to have one of those.... loved it! Played EF2000. My very first flight sim on my very first PC. A Pentium 100 with 4Mg RAM and 1 Gb hard drive.

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

• 2 months later...

Got my hands on those sweet thingeys yesterday... Since they were modded with Bob "Sticky" Church digital SWF22 chips, I just plugged in the gameport cable from the TQS to my trusty old Soundblaster Live!, struggled a little to find the digital drivers for Win XP on www.stickworks.com and immediatelly dealt tons of dammage in the best ever Warthog sim - A-10 Cuba! :thumbup:

The right hand hurt me after a few hours of wreackin' havoc in the fast paced vector world of A-10 Cuba!... :joystick:

Is there a way to loosen the stick of the F-22 Pro? It's so damn stiff when compared to my everyday Saitek X45 DCS A-10C mumbo-jumbo... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...