UPK-23 advice

How many of you people use these?/ How often?

I really like the weapon but im not so good at using them. I imagine since there are a short range weapon they are to be used once all Anti Air threats are down so you can get in nice and close, however i still have difficulty lining up the sights.

heres a track showing how i might typically shoot at soft skin targets, my question is do i just need more practice, or am i missing something and making life more difficult for myself? :S

Example.trk

(remember not to rewind so it dont mess up, dw i kept it short)

any comments appreciated.

well it's kind of tricky really,you just have to practice. i use the laser just like i would use the 30mm canon.manual is a lil harder to line up the target. when you aim at a target aim just under the target(not on the target).come in high on the target(100 or so meters) line it up and fire!

The kickback from that weapon is a monster in itself. That's the main reason I don't like to use it. Usually to be effective I have to get to close and personal, and at that distance the 30mm cannon is a better and more accurate choice IMO.

I usually prefer to carry S8 rockets, since they numerically interesting and from up close and personal can get the job done. :)

Just did a nice little run on the target range with UPK-23 x4 to test them out. Yes, it's similar to the 30mm in function, but when you have 2 (or better yet, 4) hanging on the pylons, you can kill things much more quickly than with the cannon. Pull the trigger, BRRRVVV! and they explode.

Where this fits in tactically is a little more of a mystery, as you can't aim it nearly as easily as the cannon. This cuts down on my effective range with them, so I guess I'd use it when I've already mopped up whatever can shoot back and I can scoot in a little closer.

to be fair in my mind.

i do find the UPK-23 very useful in so many diffeant ways. i try expain best i can.

yes UPK-23 one many challanges like fireing C-8 rockets or the 2A42 30mm rifle cannon.

what so useful about UPK-23 is that great for fire support or hiting forcations or putting fire or troop movement or attacking supply convoy or Light Armor at ranges of 2..2km or 1.5km

recoil heavy like the 24A2 so wanna aim slightly below let recoil push up ward or can practice useing how control recoil aim dead on gun sight is hard i know but takes time know what your doing.

there many ways shoot the UPK-23 its up to you since your pilot an devople your own Technic fireing UPK-23 gun pods as said many ways shoot an many ways mess it up from fireing from worse to better..

not sure this will help but give better confenice find that UPK-23 is very useful tool as any weapon for a combat helicopter gunship.

For users of dual trigger joysticks:

th_X52_blayout_Bucic_v11.jpg

You may program both stages like that http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53213 (important notes section) to be able to control both 2A42 and UPK-23 with trigger alone and fire both at the same time in a controllable manner.

I like UPK cannon, if you aim carefully it can be really useful and have a lot of bullets. However attacks by them need closer distance where even Humvee with heavy machinegun can kill Ka-50.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

They are very usefull against less hard Targets.:thumbup:

Gun Ammo doesnt run out so fast if you Destroy Hmmmvs,Transporters or Soldiers with the 23 mm Pods they are a little bit like a Shotgun.:D

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom