Geographical content not showing =/

Hello all!

I am quite new to this game, and obv, to these forums, but I love the game enough to justify joining, and may just stick around if it's a nice place :)

I have just been constantly replaying the training missions with the game, so I can sort of try(maybe) to automate some of the more basic commands/systems, and also I am a bit scared of getting my beautiful plane filled with 'speed holes'.

So, the problem I am having is once I upload all the DTS data during my startup procedure, I then set my cdu to 'nav', and then click TAD osb on the MFCD, but this only shows a black background, I am really quite stuck at how to get the 'geographical or map' background to appear.. I know I haven't quite read through the 600+page manual, but I am getting there ;P slowly, but surely!

And also ED, much love <3, I bought Black shark, the Ka-50 Manual, this, and have just bought the LOMAC Collectors edition :>, Great games! And I think I'm learning while playing!

---Stumbling into Solitude, A Clouded judgement day is fueled, take me under your black wings, mark my words and remember me---

Hey i'm new to this game to about a week finally grasping most of it sounds like that your not waiting for the cdu to ground align basically when you turn the two switches below the cdu on it will start to align on the ground as long as you dont move once ready on the cdu or mfcd screen "ins ready" should flash near the top of the mfcd then you must click nav and your map should appear.

P.S There should be a number counting up during the align starting at 0.1 once it gets to around 4.0 it should be ready just keep an eye out for flashing text in the cdu display.

Jason

Hmm, I missed that, does that "Align Ready" Continuously flash after you load all DTS data?

And I was at 'Vaziani' Airbase in this particular mission, 'Defend Camp Yankee' is the first one I am going to try complete.

*EDIT*Also, thanks for the quick replies guys :D Maybe someday I'll become a pro 'Scud' Hunter ;P

Edited by Corrupt_Tiki

---Stumbling into Solitude, A Clouded judgement day is fueled, take me under your black wings, mark my words and remember me---

...and then click TAD osb on the MFCD, but this only shows a black background...

Welcome to the Forums :)

Set your TAD as SOI (Click TAD OSB on bottom left of MFCD) and confirm it is SOI by the green 'box' within the MFCD. Once SOI, adjust the Map scale from 'No Map' (black background) to a scale of your choice by pressing the +ADJ- Rocker switch on the top left of the MFCD.

+ or - will cycle relevant scales as well as the 'No Map' option.

Above relevant once you are sure the EGI has aligned, ie flashing INS NAV READY before you hit Nav on the CDU.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hmm, I missed that, does that "Align Ready" Continuously flash after you load all DTS data?

Well, if you are doing the startup like instructed in the training mission, then, no, that line will not flash, it will not even display at that point.

Usually, once you are finished uploading the DTS data, you'll push the OSB for the CDU page on the right MFCD and the OSB for the TAD page on the left MFCD.

The first line of the CDU page reads Align plus a few numbers letters, the second line is at the start blank, then, after some time it will show INS NAV RDY and after that, when the eight line from the top shows T= 4.0 0.8, the INS NAV RDY will start to flash.

Now, for the display of the map it only matters that the line INS NAV RDY displays steadily, when it does you can press the OSB for Nav and the map will display on the TAD page on the left MFCD, however, I usually will wait until INS NAV RDY flashes, as otherwise the EAC will not turn on.

See also page 438 in the manual to see how the CDU display on the MFCD should look like before pressing NAV.

Oh my goodness, haha, thank you! *Blushes*, how do you guys remember all this while flying a sortie? Through practice or manual/second screen? I'm in the process of ordering an DCS A-10C Manual to help me.

Practice, and lots of it!

I made an A10C start up guide just for n00bs...like I was. :)

DCS: A10C WARTHOG START-UP GUIDE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oSPiSZn2C10N5KbuJgvF2kETX9olzRt3Nqm8P-_hYms/edit?hl=en#

Here's a printer friendly HOTAS Function Chart because you're going to see lot's of references to TMS this, DMS that, Coolie Hat, Boat Switch....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIzQY1cOrfEdGfu9D7q4YBsD7CAjAtq_OrMzCegbQ_Q/edit?hl=en#

I've been playing for 8-weeks now (in my spare time) and am just now able to fly and attack targets effectively with all weapon types. Just a few more things to master and I'll be looking to join a virtual squadron.

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum