Ground Crew ??

No mod that I'm aware of. Some mission planers will place ground troops around the aircraft to make it look like ground crew.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...
It remains one of the only things which kills the virtual world, no activity on the ground, lifeless environments, at least we have moving troops now which is a start tho I suppose.

I agree.

the airbases seem so...dead.

I make custom missions in ARMA2, and i think that has a great system of various objects and behaviours. I really think the guys behind A-10C should adopt something like that.

I made a mission in ARMA2 where you play as a helicopter pilot, and the ground crew pick you up from the briefing room drives you around the airbase to your chopper. I was able to make it very life like with utility vehicles driving around, soldiers doing PT, aircraft taking off/landing, maintenance crews repairing at the hanger, etc...

I agree.

the airbases seem so...dead.

I make custom missions in ARMA2, and i think that has a great system of various objects and behaviours. I really think the guys behind A-10C should adopt something like that.

I made a mission in ARMA2 where you play as a helicopter pilot, and the ground crew pick you up from the briefing room drives you around the airbase to your chopper. I was able to make it very life like with utility vehicles driving around, soldiers doing PT, aircraft taking off/landing, maintenance crews repairing at the hanger, etc...

The only problem with things like that is... (with a system like mine anyway)

Is the huge fps drop that comes with so many units at the start point before you've even started the mission. This causes the rest of the mission to be bad frame rate if you stay in the airbases' local area. I wish we had a 'zone' around the airbase where when you pass the boundary,or look into the boundary with your target pod, all the AI in the aerodrome is turned off to save fps, not just a low view distance.

• 8 months later...