VSYNC doesn't work in WIN7 64.

Hallo girls,

as trackir user in FC2, I ALWAYS used vsync ON to avoid tearing, in winXP, ATI RADEON.

Now, in WIN 7/64, there is no way to get it working: even ati tray tools doesn't do the job.

In Wings of Prey vsync works, I think because it's forced by application setting.

I read that for someone ati tray tools worked, other use 3DOverrider.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance

if you run the sim in windowed mode enable Windows Aero Theme, V-sync works fine like this on my end. If you run full screen open .../Config/Graphics.cfg and edit the file (use Notepad++ to edit the file) and on top where it says sync = false; change false to true and that'll get it working also

No longer active in DCS...

I worked it out... but don't know how!

Thanks guys.

after some installation troubles, I got D3DOR installed and running.

Vsync worked but... FPS didn't go higher than 30!

It was like FPS was halfed, like triple buffering didn't work.

I started uninstalling, reinstalling, ATT, D3DOR, CCC and whatelse... restarting the system many times and getting any sort of results... a complete nightmare!

Finally - don't know how - I got FC2 runnig with vsync, nailed to 60 fps, no tearing; running only D3DOR.

I'll give also a try to Kuky suggestion.

Anyway, reading around, it seems that not every method is good for every system: in some situations OS, HW, drivers, apps work together in a fragile balance.

This should go to bugs and problems forums.

I confirm that in-game VSYNC does not work as advertised on my fresh WIN7 SP1 (x64) install. Image tearing is same with it ON and OFF. Obviously visible while using TrackIR.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

This should go to bugs and problems forums.

I confirm that in-game VSYNC does not work as advertised on my fresh WIN7 SP1 (x64) install. Image tearing is same with it ON and OFF. Obviously visible while using TrackIR.

For me D3D Overrider did the job (Ati tray tools didn't), but I had to struggle to get it vsync & triple buffering working PROPERLY.

My suggestions:

- reboot after any change (I know it's hard): in my opinion many graphic settings cannot be changed "on the fly"; testing without rebooting first may lead to wrong conclusions.

- keep an eye on FPS (use fraps if you want to leave ATT out).

If you run full screen open .../Config/Graphics.cfg and edit the file (use Notepad++ to edit the file) and on top where it says sync = false; change false to true and that'll get it working also

If you're talking A-10C then do this, it works; no need for ATI Tray Tools or D3D Overrider. Also, it is a known issue and is being addressed in 1.1.0.9 patch.

Preliminary change log for v1.1.0.9:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1230436#post1230436

(it's under Other Changes right at the bottom)

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.