First Step to an A-10 Pit

WRFirefox

Hi WRFirefox, here is how we can put this image online in these forums:

1 - Make it smaller than those 2Mb with a little optimization XnView open and save-as into 883Kb jpg.

2 - Use the Manage download attach.gif editing tool in order to get a nice integrated and clickable thumbnail to show a plain screen version.

Result is the same and easier on member browsers ;)

[edit] never mind, it's clear that nobody cares

MFD4_smaller.thumb.jpg.c0f1c1fe19e4e4b57efeacebcad6f3dc.jpg

Edited by ivanwfr

Hi,

I was about to ask the same question since I'm basically two steps behind (no lcd screens behind MFDs and no UFC) compared to you :smartass:

So, I decided to perform a small search on the forum. I found the answer, but leave WRFirefox the honor to answer your question ;)

Otherwise I found a very interesting thread in :

Sim Topics >> Input and output >> "Cougar MFD LCD Recommendations?"

Especially the links given by Splash might interest you:

Hi,

I'm currently using two monitors like these ones:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/pl8006-portable-8-color-lcd-monitor-tv-w-ypbpr-vga-input-47-870mhz-55245

They are currently configured at 640x480 because I don't need more resolution for DCS A-10. 800x600 is the native resolution and support 1024x768.

Display Port to VGA adapter is this one (for my main 19" CRT monitor):

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/displayport-male-to-vga-female-adapter-black-42615

and DVI-VGA adapters for the 8" monitores are these ones:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dvi-to-vga-adapter-dongle-m-to-f-8312

My graphic card is an ATI Radeon HD 5870 1Gb.

They are really cheap

Anyway your begining looks promissing WRFirefox! :thumbup:

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

The overlays for the stick and throttle look nice. Thats the kind of thing I need for the games I don't play very often.

I am resisting the temptation to build anything substantial...but not very well.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The TFT´s are 7'' Somikon with USB - not cheap, not expansive (89,- € at PEARL.de)

My system status quo:

Asus P5K, Intel Q 6600 at 3000 OC, 4 GB RAM, GTX 460, 22'' Mainscreen, TrackIR 4, Saitek X45 (its old, but awesome), Saitek Pro Gamer Comand Unit, TM Cougar MFD-Set, Somitkon 7'' MFD Displays, 2 USB Hubs with own Power support.....

Next parts:

New Mainboard with faster CPU, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals...

It surely looks great and this is the next step I would like to take. Could those also do the job ? :

http://www.pearl.de/a-PX8046-5618.shtml?query=somikon+8+lcd+monitorr

Thank you for your contribution on that topic which will always interest newbies like me (allthough I've read a lot about MFDs and which kind of screen to put behind ;)) .

By the way, TM Hotas Warthog and the combat pro rudder pedals are really enjoyable and it's great having them

Tschüss

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Laurius

Im not sure if the 8'' LCD will work fine - if they will do, i have done the wrong choice, cause the 7'' didn´t fill out the MFD exactly at height (in width its perfect - if its center the height dosn´t matter:smilewink:).

But the 7'' have its own GPU and it is posible to install up to 6 screens....so think i there could be a problem with the 8''s.

Edited by WRFirefox

WRF, using the USB monitors works ok? I thought DCS couldn't run the MFDs over USB. Also, have you taken off the bezel around the monitor to try and get a tighter fit? I know that due the ratio, the 7" isn't tall enough, but you might be able to get it to sit better (or I might be able to when I can buy these).

@Laurius: If you happen to get the 8" monitors, and they work, LET US KNOW! hehe

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Thank you WRFirefox for those info. I was aware that 8" screens were better fitting the MFDs and thought you had this size. I didn't notice the presence of the GPU. Do you plan to use the additional screens to display other panels/gauges ? How could DCS A-10C manage them (up to 6) ? Use of Helios ? Did you notice any effect of this set-up on your FPS ? Sorry, that's a lot of questions :P

@Hog driver111th : I've also read that screens with USB connection were not the best and that VGA was much better. So I'm still a bit confused and don't know what to choose since there is also the possibility to use a second monitor with both MFDs stuck on it. If I choose separated screens I will probably go for the 8 " proposed by dealextrem.com. I think it should be cheap solution to start with. Anyway, I will keep you informed

Cheers

Laurius

8'' screens are fittinge the MFDs perfect - but the 7'' doing there job also! Additional screen are planed - but for now the 2 MFDs are enough for the A-10. They are easy to manage over the LUA files. The performance was going down - 8-10 FPS, cause you have to blow up the total resolution in DCS.

If we are getting the information about the next DCS-Modul, the planing will go on.

This one is 8" and has onboard GPU aswell.: http://www.allcam.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=840

The advantage of this one is 800x600 and 4:3 aspect which i think is best for a MFD.

As a bonus it's a touch screen, if that is of use I don't know :)

This is in sweden if 7" is enough: http://www.coolstuff.se/Lilliput-USB-monitor-mini-skarm?gclid=CLLsx4_Y6aoCFcsXzQodUU_ROQ

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

@WRFirefox :

I'm glad your 7" screens are doing their jobs but i would honestly and definitly prefer 8"s. Thank you all the way and keep us informed about your progress. I will do the same.

@Hakjar :

I don't think having touch screen is really important to have when dealing with MFDs. Thank you by the way for the "Allcam" info that will still interest somebody around here. But if I had a word to say, it's a bit too expensive. Regarding the Coolstuff one, no $ or € prices

Cheers

....the next step is at delivering - black self-adhesive foil for the panel. This will be followed by TM Hotas Warthog and the Saitek Pedals.....and then i am waiting for information about the next DCS Modul....if this will be the F-18 E, an 8'' Touchscreen make sense...:smilewink:

@Laurius:

Sorry about that omission. The 7" is €110 or $158. Prices in sweden is a bit high.

regards

//

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Thanks Hakjar. It's good to know, and please, don't feel sorry :thumbup: