Implement the Sniper XR

Divide Et Impera

Implement the Sniper XR  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Implement the Sniper XR

• Yes i want the Sniper XR pod, with appropriate addition to TGP page
    • No, i don't care of this much realism and the Lightning II is sufficient for me

I have been told on this forum by ED member or moderator that it was accurate. And you seem LOT peremptory and aggressive . Can't you just point my error instead of spreading that you work on A10C ? evryone knows it don't worry . And don't accuse me on things that you think i plan to say, i'm not stupid why would i argue ? . and thanks for the informations :)

regards

True, it wouldn't be relevant even if he was the lead engineer on the a10C project if he couldn't backup his arguments with evidence. In a rational discussion, facts are relevant, not arguments of the type: "I'm kind of a big deal, so just trust me!".

On the topic though, I don't think sniper pod would be too interesting. What actual difference would it add to the gameplay?

Edited by Randolf
  • Like 1

True, it wouldn't be relevant even if he was the lead engineer on the a10C project if he couldn't backup his arguments with evidence. In a rational discussion, facts are relevant, not arguments of the type: "I'm kind of a big deal, so just trust me!".

On the topic though, I don't think sniper pod would be too interesting. What actual difference would it add to the gameplay?

:doh: Sorry I can't release official A-10 Technical Data, classified, or For Official Use Only Information. I enjoy my job and have no desire to go to jail. I post what I can legally but will not "stand down" when someone who has no access to real world information wants to argue.

Call it cocky or whatever you want I just don't want information that isn't true to be passed around the community.

Also, as I've said, even within the A-10 community (talking USAF, ANG, USAF Reserves) there is conflicting data. Perfect example is OBOGS, you ask/talk to Tech Reps at Moody about OBOGs and they act like they don't know what you're talking about but contacts/former coworkers stationed in Spang have told me they are using it. Early C Model and A+ upgrades get conflicting/confussing comments all the time.

Hell, even the real world -1 and -34 has conflicting information compared to what is actually done to or loaded on the aircraft.

Hell, even the real world -1 and -34 has conflicting information compared to what is actually done to or loaded on the aircraft.

The bane of all industrial documentation: the more detailed you make it, the more errors you end up introducing. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Been doing more research today on the sniper and suite 3....based on the converstations I had today with specs and weapon troops (that worked suite 3 jets). The sniper pod could be carried on a suite 3 jet, the reason it wasn't (primarily) was the limited number of sniper pods at the time. Initially sniper pod prority was given to other ACFT and not the A-10, that's why initially we carried the Litening pod exclusivly.

So I stand corrected, it could carry the pod, but like I said just because it can doesn't mean it did.

Been doing more research today on the sniper and suite 3....based on the converstations I had today with specs and weapon troops (that worked suite 3 jets). The sniper pod could be carried on a suite 3 jet, the reason it wasn't (primarily) was the limited number of sniper pods at the time. Initially sniper pod prority was given to other ACFT and not the A-10, that's why initially we carried the Litening pod exclusivly.

So I stand corrected, it could carry the pod, but like I said just because it can doesn't mean it did.

:thumbup: Nice from you to do those reasearch. My point here is to say " if THIS model could have carried THIS pod , it'll be interesting to add it " .

Its like saying " no a10C has ever flown over georgia " yes its true but it COULD have been possible , and i think nobody have problems with it

Thats exactly the same argument, but i understand thats a bit of work . But for that i could pay ( not 19,99$ :D ) some dollars to get it : because i find it a real PLUS to this sim and i'll love this psychology of improving in the right senses <- part for all of the moderators who think i want to kill the outcome of ED :thumbup:

In reality as far as the sim is concerned, you really would not get any "new" features to play with. The IR image that you have already most pilots in the real world would kill for and is above what I have ever seen come out of a LITENING. The VDL capability can be there with both, it's just not implemented at all. The only real benifit would be the PITA gimble roll limits that are not existant with the SNIPER.