No multiplayer games available

acdarc

Hi,

Was just wondering, is the BS2 to blame or what has happened since I cannot see that many multiplayer games in A-10C world server anymore. Yesterday at primetime there was none, today there's exactly one and this has been the case for some time now. Does the new BS2 patch remove compatibility from both games or what?

Boris - same for me! I can see FC2 servers but no BS2.

Patriot - Seems like it is a wider problem then! At least it appears that I haven't done something catastrophically wrong!

It might be worth saying that I didn't do it through steam but from the dcs site.

EDIT: I saw the servers flash up briefly but now gone again!

Would this be something that could be mitigated by having a dedicated server option? (Why is this feature not available as it is?)

No in this instance with the server browser model used by ED (depending on a centralized server rather than a caching peer-to-peer system). Some of this may be due to the desire of using a central server for multiplayer authentication and authorization but actually that is a different concern and there is no real design need to build it this way, but that is how it is at the moment.

Everyone is experiencing this problem at the moment. Just another one of the bugs in the latest releases that aren't seen on the small scale of individual developer and tester machines but are seen on the scale of large loads.

• 2 weeks later...