Cockpit settings, data cartrage, and handling.

wess24m

Has anybody found a work around (editing some install file or something) to getting persistent changes in the avionics settings? I appreciate how accurate the warthog is but for the life of me I don't know how they didn't implement such a standard essential feature. I know that for example they are going to make the HOF 1800 ft in the next patch for the cbu-105/97 but if we had a way to set avionics setting before hand that would be one less thing they would have to change in the code.

Also, I wanted to ask, I've watched real a-10 videos and even saw one at a airshow a couple years ago and the performance seems off. Ive tried with a unloaded (airshow configuration) model and I get no where the climbing or handling performance. If you watch a video of a a-10 it doesn't handle like a marsh-mellow like ours does, the snap turns, 4 point turns are a lot crisper then it seems in the sim.

....but if we had a way to set avionics setting before hand that would be one less thing they would have to change in the code....

Why not set up your weapons profiles before-hand?

If you watch a video of a a-10 it doesn't handle like a marsh-mellow like ours does, the snap turns, 4 point turns are a lot crisper then it seems in the sim.

Are you utilizing the speedbrake for maneuvers as per RL? As for the vids - there is a thread floating about that discussed these very issues and the SIM A10 was not found wanting at all IIRC. I'll see if I can find it in the interim.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Copy that, I'm not sure what I had fuel wise, I know it was less then 50%. As far as joystick setup I have the WH and when it's at full deflection the ailerons are at full deflection so...hmm Guess I'll have to give it another shot, still seems pretty under powered, but then again I have no IRL experience so I'll take the sims "word" for it.

As far as joystick setup I have the WH and when it's at full deflection the ailerons are at full deflection so...

Speedbrake deployment increases roll-rate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not set up your weapons profiles before-hand?

Are you utilizing the speedbrake for maneuvers as per RL? As for the vids - there is a thread floating about that discussed these very issues and the SIM A10 was not found wanting at all IIRC. I'll see if I can find it in the interim.

Not sure about the speedbrake utilization, the videos I've seen aren't using the speedbrake to enhance the banking performance if thats what you meant. As far as setting everything up before hand, thats what I'm doing now but when you have to set HOF, TAD declutter, Slew speeds for both the mav/tgt pod, your weapon release profiles, CMS... ect ect, would be nice to be able to set that stuff up before your even in the pit.

Not sure about the speedbrake utilization, the videos I've seen aren't using the speedbrake to enhance the banking performance if thats what you meant. As far as setting everything up before hand, thats what I'm doing now but when you have to set HOF, TAD declutter, Slew speeds for both the mav/tgt pod, your weapon release profiles, CMS... ect ect, would be nice to be able to set that stuff up before your even in the pit.

DTC programming functionality is already implemented in the form of the prepare mission function of the editor. It can do all of the above apart from CMS. CMS programs can be changed by editing the relevant lua file in the scripts\A-10C\Cockpit\ALE-40 folder.

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

You should play with the "prepare mission" function. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it might help a little... I think it's documented in the GUI manual

Edit: Sniped right in the face by ole quick draw Eddie! Don't you have a job or something :D

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Speedbrake deployment increases roll-rate.

can i find some more info about this somewhere? Is that a "hack" pilots use or designed? It seems like I have to be firewalled the whole mission and I'm not loading the a-10 to the teeth, using more common real world loadouts.

DTC programming functionality is already implemented in the form of the prepare mission function of the editor. It can do all of the above apart from CMS. CMS programs can be changed by editing the relevant lua file in the scripts\A-10C\Cockpit\ALE-40 folder.

Sweet thank you very much, i'll have to check that out when i get home. Is it somewhere in the loadout section of the prepair mission editor?

Sweet thank you very much, i'll have to check that out when i get home. Is it somewhere in the loadout section of the prepair mission editor?

In the fly menu of the menu bar. Selecting prepare mission will put you in the pit at the start of the mission, everything will work as if you were just flying the mission normally. However any changes you make to the DSMS, TAD, CDU, IFFCC and radio presets will be saved in the mission file when you exit the mission.

There is no need to fly the mission, just start up the jet or use ground power, set up what you want and then exit. Note however that in an MP mission ALL client A-10s will have the same settings. At present this is as close to DTC functionality that we can get.

If you are comfortable with lua editing you can unzip the .miz file once the prepare mission function has been used and manually adjust the settings lua for each system and then re pack the miz file.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

can i find some more info about this somewhere?

Not sure exactly what info you're after. Here's what a RL demo A10 pilot had to say;

"...But again, if you want to roll aircraft FAST to impress the

crowd you almost always (unconciously) go slight open speedbrakes. Probably do it without even thinking about it."

Cannot explain the science behind it, suffice to say that's just how it works and that's good enough for me :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the fly menu of the menu bar. Selecting prepare mission will put you in the pit at the start of the mission, everything will work as if you were just flying the mission normally. However any changes you make to the DSMS, TAD, CDU, IFFCC and radio presets will be saved in the mission file when you exit the mission.

There is no need to fly the mission, just start up the jet or use ground power, set up what you want and then exit. Note however that in an MP mission ALL client A-10s will have the same settings. At present this is as close to DTC functionality that we can get.

If you are comfortable with lua editing you can unzip the .miz file once the prepare mission function has been used and manually adjust the settings lua for each system and then re pack the miz file.

ahhh got it, so pretty much you might as well just change it in cockpit when you actually start the mission :o/ I have edited .lau files for my multi monitor setup but for me at least it's not worth the trouble of unzipping and repacking mission files to get saved setting. Thx for the info though.

Not sure exactly what info you're after. Here's what a RL demo A10 pilot had to say;

Cannot explain the science behind it, suffice to say that's just how it works and that's good enough for me :)

cool thx for the info will give it a shot

ahhh got it, so pretty much you might as well just change it in cockpit when you actually start the mission :o/ I have edited .lau files for my multi monitor setup but for me at least it's not worth the trouble of unzipping and repacking mission files to get saved setting. Thx for the info though.

If you plan on flying a mission more than once, or if it's a mission you are making then is certainly worth doing. You only need to do it once, any settings made are permenent in the mission unless they are changed again.

Depends on the mission, if it's an air quake style take off, fly for 5 mins and start blowing up the hundreds of targets then no, it's probably not worth doing. But if it's a realistic mission with a pre planned target with people working in properly formed flights then its a very useful and realistic feature. But as I said, hopefully we'll get full, individual DTS functionality (similar to to BMS) in a future module.

Spoiler

If you plan on flying a mission more than once, or if it's a mission you are making then is certainly worth doing. You only need to do it once, any settings made are permenent in the mission unless they are changed again.

Depends on the mission, if it's an air quake style take off, fly for 5 mins and start blowing up the hundreds of targets then no, it's probably not worth doing. But if it's a realistic mission with a pre planned target with people working in properly formed flights then its a very useful and realistic feature. But as I said, hopefully we'll get full, individual DTS functionality (similar to to BMS) in a future module.

Still great info you gave :) I'll prob do this on some of the training missions, DTC and dynamic campaign would just about complete this sim. I think the DC is one of the reasons the falcon series has such a huge following, that and the community. Nothing like flying a mission and seeing a realtime unrelated (to your mission) battle going on under you. One of the biggest features I'm interested in is the player controlled JTAC. will add loads to the sim.

If you want to really build missions (I am not that far yet), you could set up one with ONLY the aircraft set up correctly. Each time you want to start building, you load this mostly empty mission and then create the rest.

I am not sure how flexible that is (not tried yet), different loadouts will be an issue, but things like slew rate etc should be ready, then.

Will certainly speed up testing and building at least, I think.

Supersheep

If you want to really build missions (I am not that far yet), you could set up one with ONLY the aircraft set up correctly. Each time you want to start building, you load this mostly empty mission and then create the rest.

I am not sure how flexible that is (not tried yet), different loadouts will be an issue, but things like slew rate etc should be ready, then.

Will certainly speed up testing and building at least, I think.

Supersheep

I'd love to do that but i'm worthless at making missions, I tried making a uber simple air refueling mission just me and a tanker and failed. I made a pre new years resolution to learn the mission builder and make the worlds best realistic missions but thats a ways off :pilotfly:

The DTC is cetainly on my wish-list, and the devs are aware of the public interest.

That said, there's some things to consider...In order to make a realistic DTC, they would also need to create a simuation of the Aircraft Weapons and Electronics software (AWE). The AWE is fairly complicated, and allows you preselect parameters for all the stuff you could imagine, plus and a few that you haven't.

So it's a bit more involved that it first appears. I have no doubt that ED wants to do it, it's just a matter of priorities. There are lots of other good ideas that are competing for limited resources.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams