Accidentally hit an arrow keys while joystick is connected - loosing control: bug ?

NRG-Vampire

I hit the arrow an key (up arrow) accidentally, while i was controling the chopper on the ground. (v1.1.1.1)

After i touched the arrow key, 3D cyclick in the pit moved forward continously to the dead front position.

I started to pull back my X-52 stick but when i realesed it the indicated spot (position of stick/cyclic by CTRL+enter) started to moving forward again.

I cannot stop it with trimming nor resetting the trim. :crash:

If i hit the down arrow key the position indicated spot (CTRL+enter) started to move backward.

The 3D cylic in the pit started to move backward slowly (continously) to the dead end of back position.

So after i hit any arrow key i was unable to lock/trim the 3D cyclic.

It was moving all the time forward or backward !

Any suggestion , solution or is it a bug ? :dunno:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I wouldn't take it a s abug, you probably forgot to remove the corresponding keybinging(s)...

Happened to me the other day, too. Was pretty funny until I realised, what had happened ... :D

The arrow keys are bound to pitch and roll just like in A-10. If you hit one accidentally it should be no worse than jerking your hand on the stick. They should not stick and repeat (which is what it sounds like is happening, so it looks to me like a problem similar to the stuck modifiers key issue that has never been resolved.

I would call it a bug!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thank your for your answers guys, but i dont like to delete the keys-arrows.

I m not sure is it means the same ? : to remove the corresponding keybinging

what is this word : keybinging :helpsmilie:

I think i did not see before in v1.1.1.0 this arrow key "bug" while i was joysticking :smilewink:, but im sure it wasnt in BS1.

sign-pic4.jpg

It isn't a bug - it is a design choice. The arrow keys move the centre of the Cyclic/Joystick.

It would be impossible to fly with the Keyboard if the Arrow keys had to be continuously tapped in order to maintain a certain amount of input.

It is a concession for keyboard fliers.

Holding the button will not show the correct final position of the stick immediately. It is not possible for the control input to directly go from one extreme to the other immediately (Keyboard or Joystick). There is Lag - simulating Hydraulic pressures. It is very possible to over control with the keyboard if you are not aware of this lag.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Thank your for your answers guys, but i dont like to delete the keys-arrows.

I m not sure is it means the same ? : to remove the corresponding keybinging

what is this word : keybinging :helpsmilie:

I think i did not see before in v1.1.1.0 this arrow key "bug" while i was joysticking :smilewink:, but im sure it wasnt in BS1.

keybinging ==> keybinding

If you delete the arrow keys from the key map, it only means that the keys will not duplicate the function of the joystick.

Unless, you need to fly with keyboard only you will never need to use them so there is no harm.

@Nate,

That makes sense. Never tried to fly without the stick.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

keybinging ==> keybinding

If you delete the arrow keys from the key map, it only means that the keys will not duplicate the function of the joystick.

Unless, you need to fly with keyboard only you will never need to use them so there is no harm.

@Nate,

That makes sense. Never tried to fly without the stick.

O.K. i got it guys, thanks again.

Yep, there were 2 rows for Cyclic bank left/right, nose up/down.

1 for keyboard, 1 for joystick on Options-Controls screen.

1 deleted the rows for joystick. Now its great like before.

Sometimes i use keys only if i just test some non-flyble mods, and sometimes if i fly by joystick i use keyboard arrows also - only tiny inputs - for precise hovering - especially in windy conditions.

...and for hovering in hangars :D

sign-pic4.jpg

*bumpedibump*

Hmm, maybe I just encountered the very same (BS2 1.1.1.1). Track attached.

I was at the ramp and played a bit with the different camera views. In doing so I intentionally used my arrows keys. This must have b0rked something as I just saw in my track (the important part are, as usual, the fery last minutes). The visual hickups are caused by my TrackIR "Center" key mapping - it's the Up arrow key as I usually don't need it ;)

When returning to the F1 view, I found my Cyclic being stuck in an extreme position (down right iirc). Utilising my joystick wouldn't do anything and using the arrow keys would simply make the Cycling going mad, moving to the end position of the direction the arrow key I used was pointing to. No way to convince the Cyclic to return somewhere close to neutral and stay there...

It's the first time I see this. In the past, whenever I touched the arrow keys, the Cyclic would move a bit into the corresponding direction but would stop moving and keep its position once the key was released. It was also always no problem to use the joystick to "fix" the issue...

EDIT: Just realised that I have absolutely no keyboard keys mapped to any of the axis commands?! Is that by default?

CrazyKBD.trk

Edited by Luigi Gorgonzola

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect, just wanted to confirm this. I ran into the same problem where I accidentally bumped the up arrow and my cyclic pushed all the way forward and couldn't be brought back to center, even by pushing the down arrow. Whenever I tapped an arrow key (tap and then immediate release), the sim behaved as if I was holding down the key indefinitely.

I don't see how this could be a concession to keyboard flyers. How are you supposed to fly forward if tapping the up arrow key buries the cyclic all the way forward and nosedives the chopper into the ground?

Seems like a bug to me.

Sorry to resurrect, just wanted to confirm this. I ran into the same problem where I accidentally bumped the up arrow and my cyclic pushed all the way forward and couldn't be brought back to center, even by pushing the down arrow. Whenever I tapped an arrow key (tap and then immediate release), the sim behaved as if I was holding down the key indefinitely.

I don't see how this could be a concession to keyboard flyers. How are you supposed to fly forward if tapping the up arrow key buries the cyclic all the way forward and nosedives the chopper into the ground?

Seems like a bug to me.

That is not the behaviour I see. Odd.

Nate