Saitek X-52 spiking?

I'm just trying to get back to this sim and I busted out my old Saitek X-52 joystick, still looks brand new but I noticed something funny in game. My plane would roll radically to the right sometimes and I noticed it was the rudders. The rudder would spike to the right when I'm moving the joystick. I read online this is common for X-52s, is there a fix for it?

Is it because of a bad driver or incompatible with windows 7, 64 bit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just trying to get back to this sim and I busted out my old Saitek X-52 joystick, still looks brand new but I noticed something funny in game. My plane would roll radically to the right sometimes and I noticed it was the rudders. The rudder would spike to the right when I'm moving the joystick. I read online this is common for X-52s, is there a fix for it?

Is it because of a bad driver or incompatible with windows 7, 64 bit?

It is the stick, not software at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

with my Saitek gear sometimes I get the rudder spiking, but only in A-10C, never in all the other flight sims I fly and I fly a bunchof them.. when it does go crazy, there is no fixing, just restarting the game..

not sure how and why it sstarts, but you can go to outside views and see the parts moving back and forth with no input from me...

but, never problems in IL-2, IL-2 COD, Black Shark, Flaming Cliffs, etc..etc..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I get spiking on this axis, in all games too.

One short term method I have found for fixing it is to open the Saitek Control Panel and repeatedly move the rudder left and right a bunch of times. This seems to recalibrate it (smooth it out) for a little while. You may have the problem return after a while in flight though. One other thing is to put a slight dead zone on the rudder in the control panel to stop some of the spiking while in the centre position.

I'd open it up a have a proper go at fixing it, but the internals of this stick are a nightmare.

The functionality, ergonomics of this stick are fantastic. It's a crime that it is dogged so badly in the hardware quality department. Even more so when they repeated the same flaws with the updated Pro model. Ahhhh...if only M$ made a Sidewinder hotas.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On