HDR with CCC 11.12

martinistripes

I'm guessing this will be an AMD issue rather than a program bug but wanted to mention it here anyway.

I have a new laptop with the Radeon HD 6990M. When running BS2 HDR is not applied, even though I have the option checked. However, if I alt tab back to desktop, then back into the game, it is.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

What HDR option is checked of the 3 available?

In my case, I use 'normal colors'. But if I have to alt-tab for some reason, when I return the HDR has changed itself to 'cold colors'. Somewhat irritating as I don't like the blurriness of that HDR option, but it's what many people thinks that HDR should look like always.

So perhaps we are experiencing the same thing.

To me, it looks like no HDR is applied until I alt tab. But you say this IS HDR in normal mode?

Either way, the rendering is altered by alt tabbing, which of course, should not be happening.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

There is so much incorrect behaviour and bugs in this game, so much that it fails to meet the quality standard of contemporary computer games. Many people, except the hardcore flight sim fans, give up playing this game because they get mad at all the crashes, glitches, bugs, annoyances. If ED wants to maintain their fairly new mainstream gamer customer base (Steam, et al.), they should first eliminate all the annoyances that make this series look like cheap work to them compared to many other games, improve the GUI, graphics, effects, etc. These are improvements that would not affect the simulation fidelity of the series, other that putting off simulation research and simulation modelling in time.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

To me, it looks like no HDR is applied until I alt tab. But you say this IS HDR in normal mode?
Bloom is one of the things than can be done with HDR, but not the main. It's more about using values outside the interval [0,1] to compute colors intensity and then map the colors into [0,1] conveniently according to the global scene and/or the intended effect. Well, something like that I think.

Look at the sun for a few seconds and then look inside the cockpit. The cockpit will be darker than normal and it will take a few seconds until it looks normal again. That is HDR at work, changing the color tones dynamically.

There is so much incorrect behaviour and bugs in this game, so much that it fails to meet the quality standard of contemporary computer games. Many people, except the hardcore flight sim fans, give up playing this game because they get mad at all the crashes, glitches, bugs, annoyances. If ED wants to maintain their fairly new mainstream gamer customer base (Steam, et al.), they should first eliminate all the annoyances that make this series look like cheap work to them compared to many other games, improve the GUI, graphics, effects, etc. These are improvements that would not affect the simulation fidelity of the series, other that putting off simulation research and simulation modelling in time.

+1