Near Zero Visibility ILS landing

FOXFIRE TWOONE

How many have accomplished it without any damage.

I did today and I am proud of myself. For someone that has only sim experence. :thumbup: :pilotfly:

TRK attached

0 visiability ILS Landing Bat.trk

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Yep, surprisingly it's lots of fun. I don't think fog really comes with heavy wind normally so I put a storm in with low cloud and wind at night.

I also didn't use the divert page or the TAD which makes it harder.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Take off from Batumi with 150 m visibility fog, with your HUD dimmed completely and both MFCDs turned off. Then navigate to Tbilisi using only the VORTACs and ILS. You will have to write down all the frequencies you need beforehand, naturally, as the good pilot you are. Good luck! Need a bigger challenge? Add a thunderstorm with 8+ m/s cross/rearwinds at the destination airport.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Yep, surprisingly it's lots of fun. I don't think fog really comes with heavy wind normally so I put a storm in with low cloud and wind at night.

I also didn't use the divert page or the TAD which makes it harder.

Yes i like do thoses ILS landing too, its funny how a little thing like that can become really pleasant to do well.

There's 1-2 airport who increase the difficulty with zero visibility ( and wind ), if im right this is Vaziani or Mineralayne Vody: they have mountains all around, and under you... if you are too low, or if you are not well aligned, you will hit the mountains. its allways a nice moment to see the forest and the mountain appears in the fog around you.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

I cant watch the track ATM, but sounds like you did a good job.

I tried a couple of 0viz landings a while back and usually ended up off runway with no wheels, then I decided that since it wouldn't be done in real life I could hardly be expected to do it in sim.

It would not be done in real life because 200ft cloudbase / 800m visibility is the lower limits for manual ILS landings, although not sure if this is the case in the military.

I think it would be a lot easier if the approach lighting systems were in any way realistic, although obviously would not help much in true "zero vis".

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m