DCS A-10 Warthog how to change startup from runway to hanger

vegachavez

Yep, but you have to change it within the mission file itself.

Simply open each mission up in the editor, find your aircraft, and select "Start from ramp"

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I got it to work! ...the only problem is that in the "Campaign" mode my the only mission available is "Georgian Hammer" which starts on runway with engines ON and in my "Mission" folder the only mission option I have listed is"Push" which does start on ramp with engines off which is what I wanted...thanks to you instructions. Why isn`t "Push" listed on the "Campaign" mode with "Georgian Hammer? "

How can I get "GH" to also start on the ramp with engines off?

I hope this makes sense!

"Push" is Georgian Hammer. They must have decided Georgian Hammer sounded better than Push or something.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

How can I get "GH" to also start on the ramp with engines off?

Yep, but you have to change it within the mission file itself.

Simply open each mission up in the editor, find your aircraft, and select "Start from ramp"

That's how to do it >> Mission Editor / and look up the A10Gui manual.

The same I told you before in this thread:

Engine start-up option?

On a related question, when I've done this I've found mission timings can get messed up. The time it takes me to do the startup procedures allows other units to head in to the kill box and start destroying things (the things I'm supposed to get the joy of destroying). This particularly happens on the Shooting Gallery mission where I'd like to be able to practice all aspects of the flight/mission including startup. Unfortunately the A-10 support flight you are supposed to be able to task just goes ahead and does it all before I can get there. I've tried setting the start time for the player A-10 flight 15 minutes earlier to allow for the ramp start up time, but this doesn't seem to do the trick. Any other thoughts?