engines won't light back up after repair, what'd i do wrong?

ShuRugal

So, i managed to intersect my disks almost immediately after takeoff while trimming for the route. had enough rotor area left to auto down without exploding (completely flattened the undercarriage though) and i was still close enough to nalchik that it auto-repaired.

but then my engines wouldn't re-light. Spool up, but wouldn't catch. Figuring i flooded them, i set to "crank only" and blew them out, then tried again. still no dice. tried a couple more times with both "crank" and "false-start" but neither one got the engines into a startable state.

track attached, someone wanna tell me what i was doing wrong (aside from intersecting my disks, that is)?

oops.trk

On a side note: this sim is too damn good. After completing that mission correctly, landed, shut everything down, opened the door, and was about to get out and do a walk-around when i remembered i was flying a laptop, not a helicopter.

had enough rotor area left to auto down without exploding (completely flattened the undercarriage though) and i was still close enough to nalchik that it auto-repaired.

I just watched the track 4 times, and each time the chopper exploded during the crash landing. I also made sure that in the game's options the box "Use these settings for all missions" was unchecked. I'm curious, what do other people see when they watch the track?

As for the engine trouble, can't tell without watching over your shoulder. :-)

I just watched the track 4 times, and each time the chopper exploded during the crash landing. I also made sure that in the game's options the box "Use these settings for all missions" was unchecked. I'm curious, what do other people see when they watch the track?

As for the engine trouble, can't tell without watching over your shoulder. :-)

It worked fine for me, capturing ShuRugal's moment of indignation very well :)

Maybe you're using a different version of BS?

You were cycling between engine 1 & 2. There's no reason for that & no doubt added to your frustration. Ensure you wait for the engine's RPM to zero (N1 gauge) before start/false start.

When repairing, always shut down the following prior to attempting a start...

1. Engine cut-off valve levers

2. Throttle down

3. Left & Right Generator switches.

Depending on whose checklist you use, there are other systems that are start cycle (order) specific, but these three above seem to be the most cycle specific.