Virtual reality now: less virtual - more real

Hi Guys - some big news for flight simulation fans - From now on virtual reality will be less virtual and more real :-) I've been working on visual system with mil specs for home use you could buy without robbing a bank ...

EDIT: For the Titan HD you would have to probably rob a bank (but please don't do that ;-) )

Edited by zahry

UMMM total imersion ? without cockpit ? And merely the possibility to look 45 degrees up and 90 side ?

2 plasma TV + track ir or similar will give you the almost same for much cheaper.

Damn, even 4 37" tvs and adequate GFX is way cheaper than that, even where i live where a 580 GTX is around the 600 USD and a TV too + track ir.

7(track ir pro 5+2 580 +4 37" Full HD LED TV)X600 =4200USD at max, with the 700USD++ left i can start a nice cockpit with switches and knobs and a warthog with rudders.

Sorry, still not worth it for the average joe, day will come but not yet.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

You are forgetting the warping software (around $1600 I think) so really if you'd pay $4200 what you naimed above + this software, I'd rather get rear projection like this that has benefit of no bezel's, no heat you get from sitting close to TV's/monitors.

I am looking for get something like this for a while... I might have some money after new house is built in few months... this would be perfect or close to perfect to what I was after... this is currently on my "I might just get this one day" list

EDIT: why coldn't you get cockpit in this also... it would fit I think. True whole dome display would be ideal but you'd be looking at much greater price for that (would need quite a few more projectors)

No longer active in DCS...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
So... advertising?

If you take it as an advertisement I'm sorry and I'll consider removing the post. However it supposed to be reply to previous questions and comments and to show what is possible with DCS - I'm quite big fan of DCS World and I wanted to show what the software looks like on commercial scale simulator. The price tag on TITAN HD is far too high for average person (it's quite a big hit even for business) and it would be quite a surprise if anybody would buy one for their living room.