DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hi, Zabuza!

I'm so sorry I would not mean to multiple post like that. Please forgive me. Thanks! My internet connection is slow sometimes. Here is the screenshot of the dark spaces with no instructions in it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

image.jpg.b76fc99fbb7f560a3d301230d29934dd.jpg

Edited by Vinny002

There's also a key to display your current position on the kneeboard. Yeah I know that's not that realistic but can you calculate how far you have traveled using the clock + altitude + IAS (not TAS), I can't :D

So I mostly use this display key together with the flight route on the kneeboard, if you engage displaying the pilot you can use the kneeboard by actually looking at it.

The thing is back those days the pilots had that skill to calculate this stuff, they just knew where they where and when they had to fly another route they just calculated it and if you know where you are it's easier to fly back to home :)

Hi, Zabuza!

Great! Thanks! Question for you, I would like use a radio for more realistic 1940s style navigation!! How do I get the p-51D navigation radios to function since I don't know what switches to flip? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

I suggest you to read the manual 5 times, every time I read it I learn a new thing :D

Ühm first of all you need to set the frequencies of the A,B,C,D channel of the stang in the mission editor. Do that by clicking on it and search it in the right popup menu where you can create waypoints etc. there is a tab where you can edit the channels.

The radio is located at your right, it has A, B, C and D channel. Just click the button at the wanted channel and it will light up green (if electrical power is on) then just hit the coms button (normaly assigned to # or click the button at the right of the throttle, the 'mic button') and follow the dialogs via the 'F'-keys.

Don't forget to set up the right frequency in the mission editor, you can read the airfield frequencies by clicking on them in the mission editor.

stangvhfradio.jpg

Hi, Zabuza!

Great! Thanks! Question for you regarding oxygen system, when I turn off the emergency bypass oxygen when on the ground of course, the "blinker" oxygen flow indicator stops working but the oxygen pressure goes down to 0. I don't know if I turned the oxygen system off right or not? I looked at the manual regarding oxygen system but it doesn't tell me much. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Are you talking about the red valve which can be seen at the above picture? If activated oxygen will bypass all systems so it can directly flow through the tube into your mask. The pressure goes down to 0 because actually no oxygen flows through the systems anymore because it bypasses them. I guess the blinker gets its information from the systems where the oxygen then bypasses but I actually don't know something technical about the blinker.

You would activate the emergency valve when the system indicates a failure (like no pressure) you then can breathe directly from the "tube".

Afaik atm oxygen problems for the pilots aren't modeled but dunno exactly.

Hi, Zabuza!

Yes, I'm talking about the red valve which can be seen at the above picture. So, I'm wondering if there is the oxygen on/off switch so I can turn on the oxygen when I go up to high altitudes and so I can turn off the oxygen at low altitudes where oxygen is no longer needed? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi, guys!

Question for you regarding the engine, when I start the engine for the first time after loading the dcs p-51 it is easy but the 2nd time is harder which I have to struggle with it to get the engine running. I followed the procedure correctly. Does the warm engine have anything to do with this difficulty?? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Starting the Mustang after a correct shutdown procedure shouldn't make any additional problems.

Make sure you have shutdown the aircraft correctly, no backfiring or sth. else of the engine.

(Shutdown tutorial:

)

Make sure all switches are in the same position as if you would get into the Mustang the first time (all is set to off).

Do you have the same issues when you just start the engine then shutdown and then retry to start it or only if you had a hard mission including landing?

A landing, even a good looking, can easily damage parts of the aircraft.

Also make sure your radiators are fully opened at the ground and at least not fully closed in flight (hit auto or fully open for normal operations) (remember the switches are springloaded and you must hold these as long as the radiators need to open)

For a hot engine 1 second priming is enough, if problem still is there maybe you follow startup procedure for hot temps (switching from idle to run and back many times (Tutorial:

))

Hi, Zabuza!

I went to users>saved games>DCS>tracks, the tracks folder is empty. What now? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Did you hit the "Save track" button after the mission? If flying multiplayer it'll save tracks automaticly in that folder under multiplayer. Make sure you're in the right folder, DCS.beta would have a seperate folder (if you're flying beta).

When i try to fly it, the view zooms in immidiately and it won't come back ... i can't outzoom

What gives

Get into the key settings and make sure the Zoom-Axis and the Zoom-keys aren't set to anything which may be triggered all the time (like a axis you don'T need which is set to full).

Does this happen to you just in the P-51D? Do you play 1.2.8 (beta) or 1.2.7 (stable)?

Can you change the zoom with the corresponding zoom keys (settable in settings)?