Question about .EDM models export / import

Hello everyone,

I am remodeling the forests in DCS. I exported the model as .edm as per instructions, and can view it in the model viewer, but when I rename the model as one of the current tree models and overwrite, it does not appear in game...any ideas as to why this is happening?

Edited by rockwelder

I'd really like to see if someone could fix the way the winter trees look around structures, they seem to have this darkened/fake look about them.

See this screenshot, compare the trees on the left to the nicer looking ones on the right

KPZmO.jpg

I believe the ones on the left are part of the blocks. You would need to replace the entire block with a new one. The ones on the right are normal trees

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

try this:

in the maps section:

set the same texture in the opacity channel

uncheck specular level, glossiness, and reflection

in the blinn options:

specular level: 5

Glossiness: 25

Soften: 0.1

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Ok..now I see. I can see exactly like you can currently in the model viewer. The dark side of the trees is what I am trying to get rid of...the current trees do not have the darkness like this ... I can get them in game just like that but there is another materiel or setting that does not allow the "dark panel effect"... I am trying to find that setting or material. The "old tree" material does display correctly in the model viewer but the model will not show in game for some reason.

Thanks again for you help.

Edited by rockwelder