Selecting a Stick

Hey guys!

I just bought the game, but I have no idea of which flight stick to choose. I'm looking into these ones, trying to figure out which is one the best.

ThrustMaster T.Flight Stick X

Saitek ST290 PRO

Saitek Aviator

Any suggestions are really appreciated.:)

Asus P8P67 PRO / I5 2500K / EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB / 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600 / Corsair 850TXV2 PSU / SSD Corsair Force 3 180GB / Barracuda 1TB / LG 23" 1080p

You should look into going on ebay and grabbing a Saitek X-45 or a X-52, both are really good for this sim and a X-45 will only cost you $35 or so.

It is worth getting a HOTAS, a single joystick is possible but not really ideal in the long run.

you are going to get a crapload of suggestions mate.

The main thing to realize about the A10 is that the mapped buttons will do different things depending on what you crruently have activated in the pit.

My suggestion is to select a stick that allows you to map at least two 4-axis hats (the TMS and DMS) and also the 2-axis China Hat.

In my opinion nether of the above have enough Hats to make a10 enjoyable (for my experience). I'd suggest an X52 if you want to keep budget down.

here is another <$100 budget choice: http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=17610&cat=263&page=1

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I just took a look at some HOTAS, and the only avaliable model around here that fits my budget right now is the Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick HOTAS X

What you guys think about it? :)

I'm trying to keep a low budget, but I know I can't be so cheap with this stuff.

Asus P8P67 PRO / I5 2500K / EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB / 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600 / Corsair 850TXV2 PSU / SSD Corsair Force 3 180GB / Barracuda 1TB / LG 23" 1080p

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I just took a look at some HOTAS, and the only avaliable model around here that fits my budget right now is the Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick HOTAS X

What you guys think about it? :)

I'm trying to keep a low budget, but I know I can't be so cheap with this stuff.

It's a good stick. It's cheap, fairly precise, plenty of buttons. (And comes with a profile for HAWX, yay.:D) I like it and it's easy to do a lot with it. There is a slightly annoying detent in the middle but it's not a showstopper. It's quite small, the cable's plenty long enough and it feels like decent quality.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I didn't even realize the stick works with the PS3 as well (I usually play Apache: Air Assault on it).

But I'll be using it basically for A10 (and a little bit on ArmA 2, when I'm not sniping).:D

I know it'll take some time to learn to fly the hog (the first metting with the control panel with all those buttons was a bit scary, lol, but I'm sure it'll be awesome to learn all the stuff).

Thanks for the help guys!!:)

It's a good stick. It's cheap, fairly precise, plenty of buttons. (And comes with a profile for HAWX, yay.:D) I like it and it's easy to do a lot with it. There is a slightly annoying detent in the middle but it's not a showstopper. It's quite small, the cable's plenty long enough and it feels like decent quality.

Agreed, (except for the HAWX part:P). For your budget that is not a bad stick at all. It has a better feel than anything else I have tried in that price range (I currently own 6 sticks).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I was looking the CH sticks,they look really good, but over my budget at the moment.

I'm getting the Hotas X to start with (and if I become really addicted in playing flight sims with it, then I'll get better equipment later).:D

Hey guys!

I just bought the game, but I have no idea of which flight stick to choose. I'm looking into these ones, trying to figure out which is one the best.

ThrustMaster T.Flight Stick X

Saitek ST290 PRO

Saitek Aviator

Any suggestions are really appreciated.:)

Save for a TM Warthog, and use it with a mouse and a trackIR. Practically, you can perform most functions inflight without taking your hands off with the hog stick. But if you're money short, get a T flight hotas X (your stick with a throttle), and a rudder pedal (saitek pro flight rudder pedals or whatever (100 ish)..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well, I got the TM T.Flight Hotas X (it was really cheap, and it's good to use).:D

But really 14th_JAR, after watching the video, I feel like building a flight setup like that someday, it's freaking awesome!

About the Track IR, I've been planning to buy one to use with Arma2, so, it'll be used more than I thought. lol!

Once again, thanks for all the help guys.:)

He said CH and TM is over his budget.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED