DCS World perpetual?

Do I understand this correctly? DCS World will be an online environment that we can use to fly the various aircraft against eachother? P51 vs A10 battles etc? heh. Is the world perpetual? If I dont own BS2, will I be able to fly against those with that sim installed or will I have to buy all the modules to participate in these online battles?

If I dont own BS2, will I be able to fly against those with that sim installed

Yes. You will however not be able to fly the Kamov.

or will I have to buy all the modules to participate in these online battles?

No - you only buy the modules you wish to physically use in the DCS World environment.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Do I understand this correctly? DCS World will be an online environment that we can use to fly the various aircraft against eachother? P51 vs A10 battles etc? heh. Is the world perpetual? If I dont own BS2, will I be able to fly against those with that sim installed or will I have to buy all the modules to participate in these online battles?

DCS World is not an online environment only. It is the core environment for all of the modules, whether online or offline. Servers are maintained by individuals not ED so there is no perpetual (persistant) world that you can just pop into (unlike WOW).

You do not need to own any modules that you do not wish to fly but you can fly against anyone who will be flying what they wish to fly (own).

I think that covered your questions.

EDIT: sniped so bad...sheesh!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes dcs world will be the online environment. Yes even if you dont own one of the modules you can still play with or against in multiplayer. Its the same principle as bs2 and a10 being online compatible. It just incorporates the sims in to one sim where the flyables are modules. Therefore many full installs meaning a full install for each sim becomes one full install...dcs world...and much smaller installs for each plane. So you use 12gb instead of 30gb.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb