i help ed update the game

dear ed,

i'm about to get 3dsmax and am learning how to use edm tool. please send me the model of ka-50's cockpit and the model of su-25's pilot and i will make the new ka-50 pilot for you.

best regards,

very exciting times!

:fear:

• Like 1

You can't be serious. :doh:

You're talking about putting the Su-25 external pilot model in the external model of the Ka-50. That is clearly something ED can do on their own, a simple delete, clone, export. Not something they'd need to give out source models to do.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

And while you're at it, can you send me the SU-25T cockpit blueprints so I can do a 3D version.....:thumbup:

No... thought not.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You can't be serious. :doh:

You're talking about putting the Su-25 external pilot model in the external model of the Ka-50. That is clearly something ED can do on their own, a simple delete, clone, export. Not something they'd need to give out source models to do.

there's a few arguments for the motions, head turning, arm movement corresponding to throttle and joystick movement.

also, i'm going to add animated night vision goggle and a helmet mounted sight. the pilot itself will require changes as well, but the proposed base model(su25 pilot) is a very good fit and i'll enjoy upgrading it to dcs world standard.

Well I'm afraid the only way that is going to happen is if ED does it themselves, or if you somehow become part of the ED Team, or you make entirely new models from the ground up.

And on the subject of animations, the new EDM pilots use a biped skeleton system with a skin modifier which makes animation much easier, especially in regards to interacting with the cockpit. The internal skeleton can be linked to any already-animated object (i.e. throttle, stick, etc) and it will move and flex locked to that object just as real limbs do (like the pilot in the P-51 pit). Setting up bipeds and skin modifiers is a PITA at first, but makes things a whole lot easier in the end. Pretty neat.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

baby steps... how about you buy the software first... then LEARN IT... then you can talk about making stuff for ED if you turn out to be good at what you don't know now.

No longer active in DCS...

Blaze & Kuky is dead on with their advice.

ED probably wont hand over any material to anyone outside their organization.

To engage in a contract with ED to become a partner, please contact Wags or EvilBivol.

I'm tempted to think this is another trolling attempt, so I'll play along nicely and close the thread now.

If you wish to study the material and learn the 'how to' there are several threads for you to participate in, in a respectful manner.

If you're serious about the attempt and wish to become a partner, you can contact ED directly.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning