Abrams Main gun calibration, mission and info

Pikey

I've created a targeting bracket for ground targets that has a crosshair so you can line up the shots easier. Here's how to install it.

1. download file

2. locate arcade.tga in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit\Resources

3. back up file

4. replace arcade.tga with the one included in the zip.

5. enjoy :D

arcade.zip

• Like 1

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

I've tried Apocalypse31 and Antorian's little mod, both of them are awesome, we now have a little tools for the AP rounds to aim properly~~

I tested both of these two, and find a littile problem, Apocalypse31 's aiming point is sightly high, Ihave to aim the bottom of the AIMING point; Antorian's aiming cross is sightly low, I have to aim a little higher than the cross, hope you guys can creat a perfect aiming sight, thx!

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Antorian's aiming cross is sightly low, I have to aim a little higher than the cross, hope you guys can creat a perfect aiming sight, thx!

Alright so here's the issue. the reticle bracket is 66X66px. For a proper center you need a 1 pixel reticle but 66 doesn't allow that. 66/2=33 so you can't have a one pixel true center. My first reticle you spoke of is a one pixel reticle with 33 elevation, 32 windege on a 66x66 image so thats why I have an imperfect sight. I personally think that 2 pixels is a bit wide for a cross since it obsures the target and gives you a bit more play in the sight than desired but theres little you can do about it next to bumping up the resolution of the bracket to allow for an odd number in the length and width of the image allowing a true center measured by one pixel (which I don't know how to do). The targeting reticle is simply a lower, different resolution than the gun sight that is much higher. If they made the brackets a higher native resolution with an odd number as the scale (67x67 for example) we could have proper sighting with a true 1 pixel center.

Anyway, this is my make shift solution. Its a crosshair with brackets with a 2x2 pixel center dot. You need to line up the gun to the middle of the crosshairs of the bracket and it'll hit dead on. I engaged a hind at 2.2 nm and knocked it down with a 120mm shot from a M1A2 AP round (track was not recoverable but I'll try to replicate and post later). Hope this helps and I'll be seeing if theres a better solution. I'm up for any ideas.

arcadebetav1_1.zip

Edited by Antorian

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

Way too much math happening here for my pickled brain:smartass:

But thanks anyway, you guys are the greatest:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Can I ask a question, is it feasible to have different optics for different tanks/afvs? Only if someone wants to model one for the Challenger2, Ive a manual for a challenger 1 which at least as far as the standby optics are concerned is reasonably accurate. Ive also a manual for a Fox AC, which should be reasonably accurate for a Warrior.

Ive also some Soviet stuff, including a T64a manual. Granted we dont actuall have one in the game, but it should prove close enough for early T72 models.

Ultimately the real weakness as its stands is the rather gamey means of fire control. Its early days yet and I dont blame them for doing it like that, but some means of trying to simulate fire control systems in a more sophisticated fashion for the future would be good.

Good work here by the way, the mods you are working on clearly look to be the way forward.

Can I ask a question, is it feasible to have different optics for different tanks/afvs?

It seems that the CA only have these files called "BLUE HUD" "RED HUD" "universal_HUD", so maybe we are not able to have different sight, unless ED update the game to a new level

Deka Ironwork Tester Team