JTAC is slow to respond and may not respond at all

neroroxxx

World 1.2 with updated A-10C module.

JTAC takes a while to answer (compared to 1.1 and to standalone) by that i mean up to 3 minutes for each question, then it get stuck on "Ready to copy remarks" as well.

Also when I got stuck on ready to copy remarks then if i send the CHECKING OUT command it will answer me right away.

I'm not sure if this is a reported bug but it's made it difficult to finish missions (because by the time JTAC answered the AI killed all targets) or even do them at all without the JTAC to tell me what to do.

Last thing was that when JTAC does answer and you send the CONTACT command to confirm that's the target the command isn't sent at all.

I will post a track tonight :-)

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

In my case JTAC always stucks at the second target request. After i'm ready to copy remarks the JTAC stops to respond until i abort and recontact him.

Until now i thought it was my fault, because there are no other threats about this prob. It is an prob ... right?!

greatings revo

May God grant you blue skies aloft,

With winds of calm by land,

As you play on the outskirts of heaven,

On the fragile wings of man.

:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. JTAC response takes way to long and after ready to copy 9-lines, JTAC keeps looping ABORT ABORT ABORT. Needed to change the freq. to shut him up. This happened on various multi-player missions and different JTAC freq.

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

Uncheck the "Allied flight reports" in the gameplay options seems to ease the problem a little bit. But I still allways get stuck on "ready to copy remarks" the second time I contact him. Is there a official comment on this problem from the ED team?

Edited by svedan

Please, upload a track and dcs.log.

dcs.log is in C:\Users\<Your User Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

Thanks.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Please, upload a track and dcs.log.

dcs.log is in C:\Users\<Your User Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

Thanks.

Here you go.

JTAC gets stuck on "ready to copy remarks". It seems to allways happen on the second time I contact him for a new target, and this mission was no exception. the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th I contact him on this mission it worked.

JTAC is a little slow to answer sometimes. It could be because of the radiochatter from wingman and other allied flight. I have unchecked "allied flight reports" and it seemd to ease the problem. Maybe JTAC should should have higher priority over other AI. That way I dont have to wait for my wingman and other allied flights to call out every target in the area so Im not able to get an answer from JTAC.

I uploaded both dcs.log and dcs.log.old. I watched the track after I saved it so maybe the dcs.log was created when I played the track and the dcs.log.old is the one from the actual mission.

I created this mission using the "create fast mission"

JTAC problem.rar

Edited by svedan
  • Like 1

Here you go.

JTAC gets stuck on "ready to copy remarks". It seems to allways happen on the second time I contact him for a new target, and this mission was no exception. the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th I contact him on this mission it worked.

JTAC is a little slow to answer sometimes. It could be because of the radiochatter from wingman and other allied flight. I have unchecked "allied flight reports" and it seemd to ease the problem. Maybe JTAC should should have higher priority over other AI. That way I dont have to wait for my wingman and other allied flights to call out every target in the area so Im not able to get an answer from JTAC.

I uploaded both dcs.log and dcs.log.old. I watched the track after I saved it so maybe the dcs.log was created when I played the track and the dcs.log.old is the one from the actual mission.

I created this mission using the "create fast mission"

Yup, thanks for the report. There's something going wrong in there, I can see the Lua errors in your dcs.log.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I modified C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\NATO.lua to try to fix at least some of the problems. If you guys want to try it out and let me know if you still have problems, that would be great.

NATO.lua

• Like 1

Lua scripts and mods:

I modified C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\NATO.lua to try to fix at least some of the problems. If you guys want to try it out and let me know if you still have problems, that would be great.

Thank yous Speed, i will try it right now.

Would you suggest unchecking the allied reports?

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Speed, I tried your mod and it helped a lot, JTAC still takes a little longer to respond than it was on stand alone but at least now he always responds with your mod, thank you!!!!

Nero

Speed, I tried your mod and it helped a lot, JTAC still takes a little longer to respond than it was on stand alone but at least now he always responds with your mod, thank you!!!!

Same here too... many thanks to Speed for the quick fix :thumbup:.

I've found in the A-10C campaign Georgian Hammer the JTAC in mission 3 gives a false grid coordinate. First grid from JTAC Playboy GG314534 but 2nd tgt given is KM688559 which is quite a distance from the mission area(all tgts are in GG area) and there are no tgts there.:doh: As a 2nd backup I resorted to data link message in the remarks which gave lat/long grid which was correct.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I've found in the A-10C campaign Georgian Hammer the JTAC in mission 3 gives a false grid coordinate. First grid from JTAC Playboy GG314534 but 2nd tgt given is KM688559 which is quite a distance from the mission area(all tgts are in GG area) and there are no tgts there.:doh: As a 2nd backup I resorted to data link message in the remarks which gave lat/long grid which was correct.:thumbup:

Negatory. JTAC grids are never incorrect. They are just not giving you all the information.

A full MGRS grid includes the UTM zone. On Caucasus map, there are only ever going to be two UTM zones you will use: 37T or 38T. The "GG314534" coordinate was, in full, 37T GG 314 534, while the other coordinate was 38T KM 688 559. The problem is, you needed to change the UTM zone from 37T to 38T for that second coordinate, and you did not do so.

I will be releasing a mod in probably a week or two that will make the JTAC give the full MGRS coordinate to help solve this confusion, as well as adding other fixes.

The reason the JTAC skips the UTM zone is probably that, in real life, you as a pilot would already know this information (it would be obvious, UTM zones are very big). The problem is when the JTAC is giving target coordinates near a UTM zone boundry, as is the case for this mission.

Lua scripts and mods:

• 1 month later...

I installed that and the game crashed when the first JTAC I contacted was just about to give the remarks.

Could be a coincidence though

Update:

Had some JTAC contacts today and they worked fine. But response time is very long now

Edited by St3v3f

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What version of DCS is this intended for?

Does it fix anything for 1.1.1.1?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've tried the fix in this thread and it hasn't really made much of a difference. JTAC is still quite temperamental and may take several minutes to respond.

I put the file in "DCS World\Sound\Speech\NATO.lua" and renamed the original.. this is right yes?

Is there anything else I can do?

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

My best advice for now is wait for the patch. A lot of bugs with JTAC have been fixed. I can't promise that all are fixed but it is something I have been working on with the dev responsible. So all I can say for now is have a little patience and hopefully your particular problem will be resolved.

Just one more thing with regards to JTAC, sometimes the mission builder does not implement the JTAC correctly so it is not necessarily a bug from the client. There are a number of threads related to JTAC implementation which explain in detail the correct methodology. If you are having any problems with version 1.2.1 then please post a trk file and I will take a look at it and try to resolve/fix the issue.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Thanks Druid, great that you guys are working on it and have the time to let people know on the forums :)

Do you have any idea when the next patch will be released? Or a list of issues being worked on?

Many thanks

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

• 1 month later...
My best advice for now is wait for the patch. A lot of bugs with JTAC have been fixed. I can't promise that all are fixed but it is something I have been working on with the dev responsible. So all I can say for now is have a little patience and hopefully your particular problem will be resolved.

Just one more thing with regards to JTAC, sometimes the mission builder does not implement the JTAC correctly so it is not necessarily a bug from the client. There are a number of threads related to JTAC implementation which explain in detail the correct methodology. If you are having any problems with version 1.2.1 then please post a trk file and I will take a look at it and try to resolve/fix the issue.

We have a problem as the option to assign JTAC freq is no longer in the ME.

edit Found it

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Is anyone still seeing this problem in 1.2.2?

I'm still seeing it happen.. Can anyone pinpoint what is causing JTAC to behave in this way? Is it actually a problem with the way the JTAC unit is behaving or is it just caused by sound scripting?

IMHO this is a pretty serious regression, because it was pretty solid in 1.1.1.1

Has anyone tried anything else?

Cheers