weapons dont do splash damage even with GBU 2 feet from cluster

Mar044

hey all

I just finished install of dcs world will a10c and bs2 and noticed on a-10c the damage for missiles and rockets on instant mission for the a-10 easy mission is super low, i had gbu right in the middle of 2 soft skinned trucks and only 1 was destroyed, and it was like 2 feet away almost right on target. rockets dont do anything almost unless they get a direct hit, anyone else having issues. i know splash damage used to be ablle to take out targets but now weapons do no splash at all.

also i dont know if im doing something wrong but my X52 stick thrust is at 100 percent but my a-10 fan speed wont go above 80 percent or 85 percent not sure, i cant get 100 percent thrust even with paddle thrust all the way forward.

thanks guys

Call Sign -Winter-

"The North Never Forgets"

And the dmg model isn't like an average FPS. Each weapon do a specific dmg, if it doesn't exceed the 'health' of the object, it won't be destroyed.

Someone else can probably fill in the long explanation.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

i know that damage model and health, but a utility truck right next to a gbu explosion , we are talking within 2 feet of the bomb, it used to be where you would drop a gbu 38 and get easy kill, and rockets exploding right next to a soft skin truck doesnt destroy it, it did in a-10c 1.1.1

Call Sign -Winter-

There could me many reasons why it didnt blow up. Maybe the wind was in the different directions and the scrapnel blew the other way, maybe the truck was hits but not to the extended of blowing up. Or maybe it is a bug. Only one way to see what is what by repeating the mission and see it the "bug" appears again.

BTW GBU-38 where drop danger close even in real life 25 meters of allied infantry . The JTAC was that skilled to drop it in a way that the blast was turned away of the troops . And it worked also. So yeah .. it could

There could me many reasons why it didnt blow up. Maybe the wind was in the different directions and the scrapnel blew the other way, maybe the truck was hits but not to the extended of blowing up. Or maybe it is a bug. Only one way to see what is what by repeating the mission and see it the "bug" appears again.

BTW GBU-38 where drop danger close even in real life 25 meters of allied infantry . The JTAC was that skilled to drop it in a way that the blast was turned away of the troops . And it worked also. So yeah .. it could

ya i repeated it, and same issue, im at a loss on what to think, i checked the log after and it shows both trucks hit and one destroyed. so im at a loss if the engine changed because if the log shows a hit is it enough damage to take out the truck or is like the old rules where you hit the truck and it was a burn kill right away. i know for sure that both trucks are hit at least.

Call Sign -Winter-

I've noticed a difference between rocket splash damage between 1.1.1.1 and World.

You need an almost direct hit, even on an AAA position (That dies with 1 hit of 30mm or 23mm, try it.) You need to be at a much closer range now, which is realistic. However, sometimes a burst of 5x2 rockets in the KA-50 does not kill a soft vehicle, while it completely disappears in the explosions (I do high angle, close range attack).

'Frett'

i think what i find kinda disturbing is a jdam explosion within two feet of both trucks (soft skin) doesnt take out both trucks.....the amount of TNT should have taken both trucks out. thats my frustration.

Call Sign -Winter-

• 2 weeks later...

Err... no, danger close for any guided 500 pound GP bomb is (if I remember my JFIRE manual correctly, it's been a while) 175 meters. You can bring it in closer, but it's only advisable if the friendlies are in good cover. Also, you'd need some kind of apocalyptic hurricane to provide enough wind to significantly affect frag patterns. Your average wind just isn't going to change it much, so I very much doubt that's the culprit.

As to killing trucks, they're not TERRIBLY blast-sensitive; like personnel, their primary kill mechanism is going to be fragmentation. Blast will dent panels, but not really hurt the drivetrain or frame (unless it's a LOT of blast). This means that if you land a bomb a couple feet away, but in a depression or ditch, the truck will be protected from the worst of the damage. However, I VERY much doubt the damage model in DCS takes this into account. Last I heard, it had a very simple method of accounting frag, and most certainly did not do raycasting to figure out if there's line-of-sight from detonation to target.

As to a reasonable destruction distance for soft-skin trucks from a 500 pound GP bomb, I'd go with around 10 meters.