Help, DCS World won't install properly..

Wuber

Hi,

I have a severe problem. Every time I try to install DCS World, it stops half way with a error message that it is not able to copy a C:/bazar texture winter or something like that. When I ignore it, there are other things he can't copy, same goes for skipping them. So all that rests is to cancel the instalation, wich really bums me out.

For some details: I have deinstalled DCS A10 before I tried to install DCS World. I have redownloaded the stuff for DCS World several times after these error-messages and I even made sure that it was all downloaded from the same download mirror and it came from the official site.I get this error every time and I have no more idea what the problem could be. I don't know my computer specifics. All I know is that DCS A-10 ran smoothly on it before.

Hope someone can help me.:(

Also be sure to check the integrity of the individual files by verifying the checksums with a free program such as http://getmd5checker.com/ after you have downloaded them.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Torrent is the way to be sure, since all the checks are "built in" the software of the Torrent client.

It sure sounds that you have some missing bytes in your files!

Edited by Novum
arrow in the knee

You're probably a step ahead of me, but, just in case, are you sure that all four files are in the same directory, and have not been renamed?

Yes I had all the files in 1 map. Downloaded it via torrent and it worked nicely. However now I have a complete different problem. DCS World 1.2.0 is installed on my computer. Now if I want to install the patch, it says that DCS World 1.2.0 should be installed on my computer and it stops the installation. Anybody know how I can fix this problem? I'm really sick and tired of DCS World by now. First the game itself won't install, luckily people helped me with that and now the patch can't find the game itself.

By the way, how do I install DCS A-10 into DCS World? I can't seem to figure that out either. If I start DCS World I can't find a button to reggister my CD key or do I have to install DCS A-10 to my computer and will DCS World drag it into DCS World on its own? Becaus I can't find anything to install it into DCS World.

Hope someone will help me (again :P) Thanks.

....However now I have a complete different problem. DCS World 1.2.0 is installed on my computer. Now if I want to install the patch, it says that DCS World 1.2.0 should be installed on my computer and it stops the installation. Anybody know how I can fix this problem? I'm really sick and tired of DCS World by now....

What patches are you attempting to install?

There are no patches. Put simply, you have DCS World and then you have modules that are added/installed to DCS World.

You have downloaded and installed World, which I assume that you have tested and satisfied yourself that all is good by flying a few missions with the Su-25T. Once so satisfied, you then need to download a module, install and test. Once done, download another module, install and test until you have installed all modules that you have purchased.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What patches are you attempting to install?

There are no patches. Put simply, you have DCS World and then you have modules that are added/installed to DCS World.

You have downloaded and installed World, which I assume that you have tested and satisfied yourself that all is good by flying a few missions with the Su-25T. Once so satisfied, you then need to download a module, install and test. Once done, download another module, install and test until you have installed all modules that you have purchased.

The patch I'm trying to install is the DCS World patch 1.2.1 I believe. Yes DCS World 1.2.0 is installed, but the patch doesn't seem to find it when I want to install the patch. The patch came of the official site. So it does excist.

I have the boxed version of the A-10 module. I'm assuming you don't need to download the module then. But how do I install it so that it gets integrated in DCS World immediatly? Because when I try to install it it gets installed without involving DCS World.

No I did not test the flying yet. I have merely started DCS World and didn't get further then the main menu yet. Didn't have time to test it yet.

Read the numbers carefully. There is no patch or version 1.2.1 at this time. If you have World v1.2.0 installed then you are done with World.

patch.jpg

The box version is old (v1.1.0.9 most likely). This is not compatible with DCS World at all. Yes, you do need to download the current v1.2.0 A-10 module.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Read the numbers carefully. There is no patch or version 1.2.1 at this time. If you have World v1.2.0 installed then you are done with World.

patch.jpg

The box version is old (v1.1.0.9 most likely). This is not compatible with DCS World at all. Yes, you do need to download the current v1.2.0 A-10 module.

Damn, your right :O I just looked at the 2.0 and 2.1 at the end.

About the need for me to download the current v1.2.0 version of the A-10 module: Oh, that pretty much sucks. Thats really lame. Stupid changes every single time. First I paid like 50 euro's for the boxed version of DCS black shark, then they made a black shark 2 so, I have to pay again for the same game actualy and now I have to download the A-10 module. I bought the boxed version so I didn't have to work with stupid downloads that take hours.

Well thanks alot everyone for helping me. I realy apreciate it. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
I am in the same way. I can not install DCS. I get again and again the same message as you.

I think DCS need a re-worked in a hurry

Downloading it via bittorrent really worked for me. I have no clue why, but ik worked. Try this.