How to make ground units advance in the campaign?

Hoggorm

Hi,

I just tried the third mission of the campaign. During night I'm supposed to support the advancement of ground units Mace and Pine to point Alaska.

How do I do this exactly?

I first contacted the east most JTAC and attacked all targets he gave me, until he had no more tasking for me. Then, while using the VHF AM 124.0 freq I used the F10 option to "Advance Mace/Pine to Alaska".

Nothing happened.

There were two other assets in the F10 menu; a CAP and A CAS flight. So I tried them and first neither of them either replied. When I tried a few minutes later the responded and was removed from the menu.

After a long time of trying to get Pine and Mace to advance (my wingman and I was at this point the only aircrafts still in the air) I gave up and RTB...

1 - How do I get Pine and Mace to advance?

2 - What happens in the campaign - can I/must I fly this mission over again or does the campaign advance with the mission as failure?

Thank you

Hi,

Then, while using the VHF AM 124.0 freq I used the F10 option to "Advance Mace/Pine to Alaska".

Nothing happened.

You will not get any reply to commands from the F10 menu, but the units still move out. Thats why the option was gone when you tried again. To be sure you could have a look at the F10 map, or use your TGP to watch the tanks advance.

I clean the area from all threads and then give the order to advance. Since it can take very long time for them to do so I usually RTB afterwads. Once I anchord in the target area and waited for mission success, but was shot down by a Mig-29 because there was no CAP available anymore.

Edited by Gate-5

You will not get any reply to commands from the F10 menu, but the units still move out. Thats why the option was gone when you tried again. To be sure you could have a look at the F10 map, or use your TGP to watch the tanks advance.

Well, there were 4 options F1 - F4. In addition to Mace and Pine, there also where a CAP and a CAS flight. The two flights responded and were removed from the F10 menu, the missions objective, Mace and Pine, was not removed, and did not move on the map either...

Well, there were 4 options F1 - F4. In addition to Mace and Pine, there also where a CAP and a CAS flight. The two flights responded and were removed from the F10 menu, the missions objective, Mace and Pine, was not removed, and did not move on the map either...

Ah ok, so theres definitely something wrong there. I just started the campaign again a week ago in DCS world and it all went fine until Mission "Push 9-2-0" (where the game suddenly crashes: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92999).

Hi,

I just tried the third mission of the campaign. During night I'm supposed to support the advancement of ground units Mace and Pine to point Alaska.

How do I do this exactly?

I first contacted the east most JTAC and attacked all targets he gave me, until he had no more tasking for me. Then, while using the VHF AM 124.0 freq I used the F10 option to "Advance Mace/Pine to Alaska".

Nothing happened.

There were two other assets in the F10 menu; a CAP and A CAS flight. So I tried them and first neither of them either replied. When I tried a few minutes later the responded and was removed from the menu.

After a long time of trying to get Pine and Mace to advance (my wingman and I was at this point the only aircrafts still in the air) I gave up and RTB...

1 - How do I get Pine and Mace to advance?

2 - What happens in the campaign - can I/must I fly this mission over again or does the campaign advance with the mission as failure?

Thank you

It would be prudent to doubt ground elements aside JTAC use AM modulation for comms. I could be wrong though. Mods, to the rescue.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 5 years later...

Just played this mission v2.5 A-10C module. Does not work. Im using easy comms, but also tuned in to the freq with a no go. I hit f3 and f4 for the ground units to advance and nothing happens. I notice often sometimes triggers do not work. Am I going to have to turn to manual editing files in most these missions to complete them?

- Coffee Lake i7k @ 5.1GHz (delidded, custom loop)

- EVGA 1060 6GB (video card crisis purchase)

- 32GB DDR4 @ 3333 15 CAS