Could someone take a look at my JTAC dilemma.

Adi

Any chance someone could have a fiddle with this mission?

I am struggling to get one JTAC to use IR, and another to use laser. The IR guy says, "no mark", and the other won't even respond to me.

I've played with the radio frequencies, distances, enroute tasks, waypoint and any other combination that you can think of in order to get this to work...nothing.

There are four in total, all identically setup, two are working fine and the other two, not so.

Please help :D

Cheers

Adi.

EDIT: So, after more tinkering I can get the laser and IR to work, but only during the day. Same mission at night returns a type 3. lol

Bug?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95433

Edited by Adi

• 9 years later...

This bug (reported in 10/2012 for version 1.2.1.6288) seems to be still present in the current OB (2.7.11.22211):

I've setup a mission where a JTAC should mark some targets with laser. The JTAC has a valid LOS to the targets and the distance is < 5 nm. Mission: CA JTAC.miz

When I set the mission time to nighttime (21.06.2016, 03:00), the JTAC responds in line 7 "no mark, 0" and won't mark the target. Track: CA JTAC NightTime LasingIssue.trk

As soon as the mission time is set to daytime (21.06.2016, 09:00), the JTAC responds in line 7 correctly "marked by laser, 1688". Track: CA JTAC DayTime LasingWorks.trk

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• 1 month later...

So I am having a similar issue. The JTAC has LOS and distance is short.  At best, he will NOT do a laser mark. Often, he will immediately respond "NO FURTHER TASKING" when there are a ton of units.  It is daytime.

Things are complicated as:

- there is ANOTHER JTAC marking targets in the same vicinity, though a different group.  That one works fine.

- the second JTAC is spawned by the same F10 Radio command that spawns the GROUP he is supposed to mark.

- Even if I place the 2nd one VERY CLOSE to the first one, I get the odd behavior of either NO FURTHER TASKING or TASKING without MARK.

Both are SCOUT HMMWV's. Was going to try  making the second JTAC a Drone  AFAC and see if that helps. Maybe you can't have to JTACS that close together?

USING only Built in functions no CTLD/MIST

EDIT:  REAPER DRONE AFAC worked fine in conjunction with the the Ground FAC.  Don't know WHAT the problem was with the second ground FAC.

Edited by Recluse