CCIP Or CCRP (noob question)

jd_jay

Ok Chaps, so I have now mastered the basics of aviation, even have a few kills under my belt but I have a question that I can't even find in the manual when it comes to dropping some bad arse bombs.

How do you determine what bombs are supposed to be dropped CCIP/CR or CCRP mode, or can they all be dropped either way?

Ps, where do you get the fancy signature blocks from?

Many thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CCIP vs CCRP is generally a question of situation: the former gives you better accuracy but requires that you start from altitude such that you can dive on the target. (This can be a problem if the area has enemy SAM coverage or enemy fighter patrols, or if the terrain is such that recovery from dive is dangerous.) CCRP allows you to make low-level bombing runs on a designated target, and is in this case best used with what is called "retarded bombs" (bombs that release an airbrake after release, to make sure you don't blow yourself up).

CCRP can also be used with altitude dumb bomb delivery if the situation is such that diving for CCIP delivery would cause you to enter the WEZ (Weapon Engagement Zone) of AAA or MANPAD assets, but are then subject to wind and other factors that will severly reduce accuracy. However, this disadvantage is voided in the cases of Laser guided weapons (LGB's) and GPS guided weapons (JDAM), in which case there really is no reason at all to deliver with CCIP. Unguided cluster weapons (CBU's) might also have a sufficiently large footprint that CCRP becomes advantageous in order to keep yourself out of harms way.

Signature blocks are made through clicking the "User CP" (CP = Control Panel) link at the top, and then selecting the "Edit Signature" link on the left-hand menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm no expert either but for a signature go to your profile,customize profile,under settings and options click edit signature on the left side. Usually you can tell if you go to dsms, then select the bomb you want to use, hit PROF for profile and on the bottom right it will say the delivery mode and you can toggle it depending on the bomb type.

99% of the time CCIP/CCIP CR is the release mode of choice for all free fall unguided munition deliveries.

An explanation of the different release modes can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1431431&postcount=19

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL