The F10 cheat - or is it?

Taproot

LOL at going inverted to find the pencil. They don't do that crap they just say "hey chief I dropped my pencil" and then I get to spend the next 10 hours looking for what he lost. If you've never spent time crouched under a raised ACES II seat you're missing out ;).]

Well, I forgot to mention that this was in an F-16 and it was the pad that dropped. :)

The conversation went a bit like this:

Wingman: Shit, the pad fell down between my legs.

Lead: Ah well, you know what to do.

Plane went inverted and he started flying up and down while he tried reaching for the pad now laying on the canopy. :)

I feel that, in most situations, F10 is a cheat. Does that mean you shouldn't use it? That's up to you. Cheating isn't bad per say, unless you are getting an unfair advantage with it in multiplayer. If you're just doing single player, then it's entirely your business how you play the game.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

We had a pilot put in a maintenance request saying the relief tube(thing you piss in) was too short. The tech went out and found that the hose was wrapped around a bolt under the seat. The tech wrote the corrective action up as 'Could not duplicate issue, checks 4.0 with enlisted c0ck.' ROFL!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

We had a pilot put in a maintenance request saying the relief tube(thing you piss in) was too short. The tech went out and found that the hose was wrapped around a bolt under the seat. The tech wrote the corrective action up as 'Could not duplicate issue, checks 4.0 with enlisted c0ck.' ROFL!

LOL... ok, so how do the new breed of lady combat pilots deal with that problem I wonder?

I would need a fire hose of course! :D

I dont see anything wrong with zooming, As MaceUK has mentioned I have seen combat footage of A10 pilot using bino's .... may have been in the early days of the A10 before all the upgrade's & goodies we now have in the A10c.

If the F10 is available, I'll use it only as last resort, especially in missions where you have to kill every single unit in a group, and you'd NEVER see that vehicle hidden in the trees that refuses to shoot at you.

Sure, it's not realistic, but there is a ton of other things in game that aren't realistic, so in some ways it kind of levels the playing field. Until JTAC/FAC/JSTARS and every other realistic means of ID'ing targets is available and working, I think the F10 map will fill the gap nicely.

I like the idea of degrading the F10's god mode accuracy, but I'm sure it's another one of those things that's easier said than done.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS