Need Help With Gun Trigger

X.ecut.R

Ive been tinkering on my stick to accomodate a second trigger wich i can flip up.

Im building in a switch that recognizes if the "launch" trigger is up (cannon selected).

Now my question is....how can i change a button type, so that it changes to cannon mode aslong as the button (launchtrigger up) is pushed, and returns to launch mode when i release it.

I've been checking tons of threads round this forum and found............nothing.

I hope someone knows how to do this.

THX in advance :thumbup:

*Buh*!

No. Not a reply with a solution, it's only me, osram. (Hah! was getting your hopes up, eh? :P) But maybe that little *bump* helps. I would say you need all the help you can get. My bet still stands: Doesn't really work without external SW. Get Xpadder or something similar, and do it yourself. Will probably take you like 1 Minute, even if you don't know the program. Even if it worked, you would already be done with Xpadder or simile by now. Goddamn "DCS only! *Mimimimi*"-Freak. You should not have wagered your soul on DCS!

As soon as your soul arrives in my mailbox I'm gonna unpack it and draw little, pink penises and flowers onto it. Then I'm going to dry it, frame it and hang it up over my bed. And each time I go to rest, I will chuckle slightly and be content... about that wager with silly Xecky. Before sleeping like a baby and dreaming about the SU25-T 6DOF ED-Cockpit... and the DCS Ka-52 Alligator.

:P

As soon as your soul...

:P

Was that absolutely necessary?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

well i dont think its about the controller itself, but about the buttontype (ingame).

But you asked for it so heres my config: base is a TM HOTASx in wich i added 4 buttons (one of them is the second trigger i was talking about) . The 4 buttons are connected to a cheapo 10€ gamepad, wich i disassembled and soldered the buttons to the cirquitboard.

now i dont know if i didnt express myself clearly enough:(..but what i need exactly is a script change in the game so that "cannon select" button (e.g. C) is active just aslong as i hold it pressed down, so that when i release it it returns to rockets and missiles. Summarizing all ...i built a triggersystem that resembles the real ka50 triggers :flip big up >cannon active---flip big down >cannon inactive(launch mode).

ive seen some guys around the webs with awesome ka50 collectives and cyclics with the exact same trigger system...now how do they implement it to the game ?????:helpsmilie:

Ive been tinkering on my stick to accomodate a second trigger wich i can flip up.

Im building in a switch that recognizes if the "launch" trigger is up (cannon selected).

Now my question is....how can i change a button type, so that it changes to cannon mode aslong as the button (launchtrigger up) is pushed, and returns to launch mode when i release it.

I've been checking tons of threads round this forum and found............nothing.

I hope someone knows how to do this.

THX in advance :thumbup:

Hi,

Well, I am not a purist. I am happy with my gear, but may purchase more CH Products add-ons.

Buy CH Products gear of:

=================

Fighterstick

Pro Throttle

Pro Pedals

and use Crunch's (104th Phoenix) profile:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?7354-DCS-Blackshark-profile-by-Crunch

Specifically to make the Fighterstick's Ka-50 trigger to select the cannon he uses a "Shift" function button on the Pro Throttle to setup a second mode of keyboard commands to the controllers. 3 modes are possible. So, all buttons times three. His profile .map is sheer genius!

I never learned how to program the CH Control Manager, yet, but the process looks to be at least the equivalent of 3-3 credit hour college courses or maybe more. There are a couple online booklets to explain it at the CH Hangar Forums and they are free. The guru there is Bob Church.

I did have to learn to set it up. And I had to get into Crunch's head and figure out what each button did. It took about a month to just setup my controllers before I could play the sim. It has taken me about a year to get fairly good at flying the Shark. I still die-a-lot!

If you download his .map profile, put it in your "My Documents" stash, then he has a printout in various formats for a look-see. The profile is free. The controllers are a bit over a $100 per each controller. I am still on my 1st set of controllers purchased 3 years ago and showing no signs of wear, as my Saitek gear did in less time.

I originally bought my CH Products "3 Amigos" gear to play Aces High WWII online aerial combat sim. I made a simple .map profile that required no scripting. Before that I used a Saitek Aviator twisty stick. Played Aces High online game for 5 years and my only other online flight sim other than FSX.

As to scripting: the DCS "Mods and Apps" and the "Input Output" forums may prove more useful than this forum. But it is all good.

Cheers.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well i dont think its about the controller itself, but about the buttontype (ingame).

But you asked for it so heres my config: base is a TM HOTASx in wich i added 4 buttons (one of them is the second trigger i was talking about) . The 4 buttons are connected to a cheapo 10€ gamepad, wich i disassembled and soldered the buttons to the cirquitboard.

now i dont know if i didnt express myself clearly enough:(..but what i need exactly is a script change in the game so that "cannon select" button (e.g. C) is active just aslong as i hold it pressed down, so that when i release it it returns to rockets and missiles. Summarizing all ...i built a triggersystem that resembles the real ka50 triggers :flip big up >cannon active---flip big down >cannon inactive(launch mode).

ive seen some guys around the webs with awesome ka50 collectives and cyclics with the exact same trigger system...now how do they implement it to the game ?????:helpsmilie:

Why not contact each guy through his username's direct e-mail to them, one by one?

According to Dale Carnegie's books, if you want friends, get interested in what they do. Most guys share what they know and usually for free.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well thanks for the responses....but honestly "die hard" your comments werent usefull in any way... maybe u recognized that i only got a tm hotas x , wich is by far not an expensive stick and i want to customize it my way ...and not buy some really expensive stuff just because of one button.....

Anyways back to topic....in my mind there must be a line in a lua file that declares the "select gun" button to be a switch that u toggle on and off by pressing multiple times. Thats what im trying to change so that it selects gun when i press and deselects gun when i release.

What if you add another button to your flip-up trigger-guard? This way you don't have to continuously track if it is up, but you can catch the event that it goes up with button X and the event that it goes down with button Y, and you map both buttons X and Y to "Gun select" in the control section.

When you lift and lower the trigger-guard you are essentially toggling Gun select on and off, this is the behaviour you're looking for yes? If not then I'm sorry for misunderstanding your problem. Cool project, btw :)

Ok...nevermind. ive got it solved.

The trick was to add the following line to the joystick.lua in the saved games folder.:

down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, "up = iCommandPlaneModeCannon," name = "Gun Select"

This did the trick :)

• Like 1

@mjeh

Essencially you got exactly what i wanted (btw...its not a triggerguard but a second trigger ;))

But what you mentioned with another button is what i did by editing the joystick.lua, so the hits the button once i press it down and once when i release it.

Thx for your reply.....it was the first one that could really help compared to the others ;)