Clients have the same graphic settings!

Tankard

hi pilots,

my squad and i have a problem with our mission. we have made a training map for us and when someone host it, we will all have the same graphic settings in the mission when we join.

for example:

in my options i have civic traffic high and scenery high. visibility high, shadows high etc... everything high :)

when i open a mission and save it (no enforced options!)

when i host this mission and one of my squad join server, he has all this graphic settings like my. civic traffic high, scenery high etc...

he has exactly my graphic settings!

we´ve try different settings with this option "use this options for all missions"

and with enforced options in the ME but no effect.

when one other open this mission in ME and save it. we all get his graphic settings!

we find out that in this mission.miz is one file named "option" in this stands all the graphic settings from this person saved the mission and this options are used when hosting this mission. we try out to delete this file but no result.

normaly every client joined a server has to use his own graphic settings. i´dont know if thats a bug or we doing something wrong with mission settings.

hopefully someone can help

greetz vJG74_Tankard

'Set mission options'-tab in the mission editor will (at least it should) enforce these settings for all multiplayer clients (effectively overwriting your personal settings for the duration of the mission). Most people use this method afaik.

I'm not sure what happens if you don't enforce them, it seems, as you say, the single player settings (determined in options from main menu) of the player who saved the mission are used. I don't think it is possible for each player to have different settings in a multiplayer mission (I remember one guy trying to play with some newbie friends, he wanted to have sim mode for himself and game mode for his friends. I don't think he managed to find a way)

It´s not going about the enforced options in ME.

GAME or SIM Mode, Lables, easy Radio, unlimited weapons, padlock etc. etc. ...

this settings work fine for everyone whos join.

i mean the core graphic settings (see pic 1)

and in pic 2, you see its write in the mission.miz file and every client joining this hosted mission, is forced to use this settings. not his own settings.

1.jpg.5025a70892989af73206fa03117afe9a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.de31e2a84f3b355431a5eb646872eabd.jpg

• 9 months later...
1280x1024 enforced screen resolution? Ouch ...

I believe Frostie from the 51st has a solution to this issue. He did go to some pain to explain it to me, but I've forgotten now. You can try sending him a pm or asking him to post here so we can all see it and have a reference.

S!

when i host this mission and one of my squad join server, he has all this graphic settings like my. civic traffic high, scenery high etc...

This is intentional, and has been this way for about 10 years. Screen resolution however should not be enforced by the server.

Nate

hi pilots,

my squad and i have a problem with our mission. we have made a training map for us and when someone host it, we will all have the same graphic settings in the mission when we join.

for example:

in my options i have civic traffic high and scenery high. visibility high, shadows high etc... everything high :)

when i open a mission and save it (no enforced options!)

he has exactly my graphic settings!

we´ve try different settings with this option "use this options for all missions"

and with enforced options in the ME but no effect.

when one other open this mission in ME and save it. we all get his graphic settings!

we find out that in this mission.miz is one file named "option" in this stands all the graphic settings from this person saved the mission and this options are used when hosting this mission. we try out to delete this file but no result.

normaly every client joined a server has to use his own graphic settings. i´dont know if thats a bug or we doing something wrong with mission settings.

hopefully someone can help

greetz vJG74_Tankard

You've got some choices to try and make this work:

FIRST BACK UP THE MISSION

Delete the options file in the .miz file completely (this will make everything client choice) and also open the mission file with notepad++, scroll to(search for) ["forcedOptions"] and delete the forced settings you wish to remove,

or,

in the options file delete the settings you want to make client based and then do also with the misson file at ["forcedOptions"].

Save the file, extract and distribute to hosts.

Remember to use Notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.5.2.html

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org