Grrrr... Wingman AI

Pizzicato

OK... deep breath...

I'm currently playing through the Deployment campaign for the fifth or sixth time and something very bad seems to have happened to the wingman AI. I've reached the "On the Other Side" mission which tasks you with flying over some very high peaks before attacking an enemy supply base.

It's also the mission with the two enemy Hinds... :mad: :(

This mission has always been a real difficulty spike in this campaign, but it's now become impossible to progress past. I've played it 10 times in the past two weeks, and my three wingman are now 0 for 30 against the two Hinds. The problem is that the two Hinds appear to be snipers while my three AI companions are utterly blind. I've even sent them 4 clicks down the valley towards where the Hinds appear, but they still say "Unable" when I select Flight -> Engage -> Bandits. The Hinds then close in and utterly slaughter them. Again. :(

I can always get one of the Hinds, but even at 3 versus 1, my wingmen studiously ignore the remaining Hind and allow it to calmly and leisurely knock them out of the sky.

Could someone PLEASE either work towards fixing the wingman AI or just remove the Hinds from this mission as it's become pretty much unplayable. :(

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

AI sucks (but you already know that), just use the mission editor and remove the Hints, then save and enjoy the rest of the campaign.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Did you try the cover me tasking?

Yeah. They still get smoked before they've even fired a shot. :(

Or just

Yes. That's what I used to do in all of my previous playthroughs.

Something's changed...

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

The wingman AI need a lot of work to put them back to that place where they actually were an asset. I've been noticing a lot of trouble with them as well. Also, I've noticed the ATC is just broken. Hopefully things will improve sooner rather than later.

AI sucks (but you already know that), just use the mission editor and remove the Hints, then save and enjoy the rest of the campaign.

OK - I give up. I've just been shot down for about the 15th time and my wingmen continue to be utterly, utterly useless.

I've found the mission and loaded it into the editor, but all of the enemy units appear to be hidden. Can anyone tell me how to unhide them so that I can remove the Hinds, please?

In other news, can whoever's responsible for collating the list of future fixes PLEASE get friendly helicopter AI onto ED's radar for future attention?

Pretty please??? :cry:

• 1 month later...

I was also just frustrated with the same mission.

My mission editing was make allies Su-27 attack Hinds.

If they work serious, Hinds will be shot down easily. :thumbup:

I've found the mission and loaded it into the editor, but all of the enemy units appear to be hidden. Can anyone tell me how to unhide them so that I can remove the Hinds, please?

Click "Unit List" button on the left tool bar,so you can find them.

And skill level of those Hinds is..... "Average", completely surprised....!!

I was also just frustrated with the same mission.

My mission editing was make allies Su-27 attack Hinds.

If they work serious, Hinds will be shot down easily. :thumbup:

Click "Unit List" button on the left tool bar,so you can find them.

And skill level of those Hinds is..... "Average", completely surprised....!!

Perfect! Thanks, Foobolt!