FC3 F-15C ILSN mode

DoctorStrop

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the ILSN mode in the F15C. I have checked in the manual (page 93) and on landing approach there should be Localizer and Glide slope bars, and I only get the steering index.

I have tried asking on the BUG-LIST thread, but have had no answers. There are no results from searching this matter. Is this a bug, something that has not been implemented due to FC 3 being still beta, or am I doing something wrong. The airfield I am using is Sochi-Adler, and I am calling the tower for approach permission, and pressing 1 to show ILSN mode in the HUD.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Andy

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I am having the same problem. I have followed the training video and looked at you tube videos and still have no joy. Is it something we are doing wrong or is there a bug. Any advice would be greatly recieved.

It isn't a bug. It is the real life ILS implementation of the F-15.

Put your TVV on the cross and keep it there.

Is this a bug, something that has not been implemented due to FC 3 being still beta, or am I doing something wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It isn't a bug. It is the real life ILS implementation of the F-15.

Put your TVV on the cross and keep it there.

Thanks for your reply.

I am a bit confused now. When you say put the TVV in the cross and keep it there, what cross do you mean? I only see what I assume to be the steering index, as in NAV mode. I see no difference between the NAV and ILSN modes, and if I keep the TVV on the cross, it would take me into the deck.

In the manual, on page 93, it suggests I should have a Localizer bar, a Glide slope bar, a Angle of attack scale, and radar altimeter data on the right. Is the manual incorrect then?

Regards

Andy

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

The manual is incorrect. When in ILSN mode, after you capture the ILS you put the TVV on the cross. This is the correct HuD representation of ILS on the F-15. If you are finding it to not be working, there could be a bug.

Try to correlate it with your ADI's glideslope and localizer bar. They should act as flight directors (they don't point at the ILS, they instruct your turn/pitch to get to the ILS. So you will see them center if you put in the right inputs, but they will drift eventually, requiring you to correct your inputs. In the end they should have you on the right flight path).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...