A-10C Mini Campaign: Operation Save Badger (SP & MP)

This campaign is a decent balance between fun and realism, I am hoping some enjoy it. It's a linear story mini campaign that I hope you feel like you want to play the next mission and be engaged. I appreciate all feedback. I play tested this numerous times in single player but have not tested mp. If you play MP, please read the specific notes for MP in the briefings(only host can trigger custom radio commands). I was originally going to make a large scale campaign but decided to stop. So I wanted to release what I have, change some stuff and made it a mini-campaign.

Update 3/30/2013

Fixed mission 2 commander message overlapping at the start for single and multiplayer version. Mission 2 at end of briefing will state v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK (38MB)

It is now on the DCS website. Includes the campaign for single player and missions for multiplayer.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/338653/

Info:

• Single player or Three player MP COOP.(Two clients is ideal, but added third slot)

• Difficulty: Easy-Medium You can really only fail if you crash or get shot down. Utilize your wingmen and their ammo! Also make sure you know how to enter UTM Grid and coordinates.

• Voices: Yes, for jtac badger. Tried to improve voice acting depending on situation, calm or intense. Also tried using a program for text to speech for commander, I think it worked well

• Missions: Just four missions

• Start Type: Ramp start.

• Flight times,distance: 70-100~ miles. Remember you can ctrl+z to speed up time then shift+z to normal time (in single player) if this is too long for you, but you might miss messages

• Targets: Not too many, no mass targets, designed for small payload

• Wingman: You'll have two wingmen for each mission. You can complete the missions with just one but added a third, just in case.

• Weather: Spring time, early morning, daytime & nightime missions, clouds, rain in a couple missions, wind varies from 2~-7m/s

• Payload, Wepaons: All mission loadouts are the same. GBU-12*2, GBU-38*2, Mk151 Rockets*2, TGP, ECM

• Jtacs: Yes, each mission uses custom jtac, radio - f10 other.

-----

Story

-----

This is a four mission, mini-campaign.

You and your wingmen are on a routine mission to destroy a inactive enemy SAM system with JTAC Badgers assistance. However, Badger soon finds themselves in need of Close Air Support.

You will need to know how to manually enter UTM Grid and Coordinates into your CDU. (e.g. Grid 38T, coords LP158650)

-----------

DCS INSTALL

-----------

Simply extract the "Mods" folder into your DCS Folder.

------------

HOW TO PLAY?

------------

Singleplayer Campaign:

DCS World > Main Menu > Campaign > A-10C > Operation Save Badger

Multiplayer COOP:

When you start a server, in the drop down menu, select A-10C > Multiplayer > choose mission # you want to play.(e.g. Badger-A10C-MP-1 or MP-2, etc)

-----------------------

Play individual mission?

-----------------------

If you already beat the campaign or just want to play an individual mission, then:

Main Menu > Mission > select A-10C at top > click top folder > Campaign > select Badger mission # you wish to play.

Playing a previous version?

Install like normal, just simply drop the mods folder into your DCS folder and continue your campaign. It will automatically update the campaign missions to the current version.

-------------

UTM CDU Input

-------------

This is just for those that do not know how to do it. Quick 1 minute video. Make sure you put your Grid in first, THEN your coordinates. Reason for this is, you start off in grid 37T but targets are in 38T. So you want to get the coordinates correct for the right grid.

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1

Just started playing first mission of your new Campaign.

Didn't finish it because as I was running for the APC's on the main road I unfortunately hit by their guns and hit on the ground.

OUaou good voice over. Badger people really stress me by their talks and finding those APS's trying to kill them finally kill me!

Next time I hope I ll manage to finish this mission

I start to think that you are really talent person. Very nice try Quirk!!! really

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I completed your campaign today, and I really enjoyed it. Good job, Operation Jackal was great too.

There was one “bug”:

Right when you start mission 2, there is a audio briefing, but it seems like two different audio files are played at once, so it’s barely understandable. I started it for the second time, and that bug happened again.

I completed your campaign today, and I really enjoyed it. Good job, Operation Jackal was great too.

There was one “bug”:

Right when you start mission 2, there is a audio briefing, but it seems like two different audio files are played at once, so it’s barely understandable. I started it for the second time, and that bug happened again.

I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for reporting the bug, a big "doh" moment.... :doh:

It's fixed now. New download link is up.

Quirkitized, Great campaign.. I was wondering if this campaign could be made for use with DCS: CA. I tried but could not change the mission files to allow access to Ground Vehicles.

Fearless

DCS: BS 2, DCS: A10C, DCS: CA, DCS-P51-D, DCS: UH-1H

Uuuuuh, Quirk did it again :)

Can't wait to check it out :pilotfly:

Many Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

Played the first two mp missions with a mate today and it was really fun!

We liked the voice overs very much.

Thanks for sharing it!

We didn´t observed any bugs, everything was running smoothly (exept that damn manpad in mission 1 that gave me a bad day :D)

CPU: i9 9900K@5GHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

HMD: Valve Index

RAM: 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4

HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR Pedals + Thrustmaster Warthog

Started playing this last night and loving it. Operation Jackal was great too.

Thanks for all your work on this mate!

Glad you enjoyed jackal and this :thumbup:

Quick question, does your aircraft start in ramp position or on the runway?

Ramp start. You can always edit the missions if you'd like, for runway start.

Quirk, just finished first mission with two mates.

Wow, great mission!

Great improvement over your last campaign. A briefing as I like, very complete and organized but fast reader. Great mission dynamic and the payload :thumbup:.

I can't remember nothing to improve it.

Edited by alexbap

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Great stuff man! Everything is well done, I did pack a couple CBU97s on the last 2 missions to brighten up the fireworks a little though :D Wish the ED campaign was more like that! Can't wait for a dynamic campaign :thumbup:

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

Yeah, Quirk strikes back ;)

i´ll definitely try this out

thank you in advance

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Hey Quirk, I'm a bit dubious about the installation instyructions as they do not seem to mesh with my DCSW file tree. I do not have a DCS file but a DCSW file, and my campaigns are organised as:

/Mods/Aircrafts/A-10C

If I replace that Mods file with yours, I'll lose my other aircraft data, i.e. the FC3 F-15E and Su-25.

Can you suggest a safe way to install this under the DCSW structure? Thanks.

Hey Quirk, I'm a bit dubious about the installation instyructions as they do not seem to mesh with my DCSW file tree. I do not have a DCS file but a DCSW file, and my campaigns are organised as:

/Mods/Aircrafts/A-10C

If I replace that Mods file with yours, I'll lose my other aircraft data, i.e. the FC3 F-15E and Su-25.

Can you suggest a safe way to install this under the DCSW structure? Thanks.

I am not quite sure what you mean by losing your aircraft data? Extract the Mods folder into your DCS World folder. You won't lose anything, if you look at the zip, the mods folder just puts the missions in the A10C campaign and multiplayer folders. It will "overwrite" the folder but not delete anything. It just simply puts the files into those folders.

If you wish to do it the harder way, you could do this:

1. Open the zip file

2. Click the folders, until you reach:

Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

3. Copy all contents, and past them in:

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

4. Then do the same thing, Click the folders in the zip, until you reach:

Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Multiplayer

5. Copy all contents, and past them in:

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions\EN\Multiplayer

Basically doing it the manual way as per above, you just manually put the files into the folders instead of your .zip program automatically doing it for you. You can also use JSGME mod manager tool to install it. I am not quite sure what the issue is, please let me know if I am not explaining correctly, there should be no lost data or anything, by extracting the mods folder into your dcs world, it just simply puts the missions in the a10 campaign and multiplayer mission folders, thats all.

Edited by Quirkitized

It's no problem, just the way campaigns work, they need to be all in same folder, the mission file and then the campaign file, so with that, and then the multiplayer versions, its just easier to extract the folder then to download each individual one and manually place them.