UH-1 Skins.

JesseJames38

Hi c9smo,

I think you did forget the rotor blade file "uh_1_blade_swc.tga".

Why did you not use the patch-file for the pilot- and copilot-patches?

Thanks for your advice! I just forgot to delete the "uh_1_blade_swc.tga" line in the description file. Tested various rotor blade skins but finally choose to skin the rotor blade in the uh1_tail.bmp file.

And yes your right, i tried to use the patch files, but to be honest I just couldnt find out which DDS/TGA format is used. Tried various settings in my Photoshop Nvidia DDS panel... If you have some advice ... let me know :helpsmilie:

@c9smo

for the rotating blades you need the blade-file, otherwise the painting on the blades get lost.

For the files with alpha-layer use "DXT5 with alpha" for saving. The other files are saved with "DXT1 without alpha".

Edited by upuaut

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Nice one!

Maybe, one of the Bundesgrenzschutz next?

Hi,

i finished my "Wehrtechnische Dienststelle 61" skin, enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/917372940/DCS-Huey%20WTD%2061.rar

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@c9smo

For the files with alpha-layer use "DXT5 with alpha" for saving. The other files are saved with "DXT1 without alpha".

reworked the WTD61 skin with sharp patches!

http://rapidshare.com/files/1184609421/DCS%20WTD%2061-2.rar

Nice one!

Maybe, one of the Bundesgrenzschutz next?

Sure, waiting for the slick version at the moment. Upuaut already has the "orange version".. so maybe he's going for the green version aswell :)

re.thumb.jpg.c34cacf803a3c03e82fb6787b043ebc9.jpg

re2.thumb.jpg.15c1f72a404285ead70d37dbbcb4b67d.jpg

That's right Andi.

What seems to be the issue?

You need to open up the mission editor and select the skin from there.

Yes, I've done that, both screens are from me.

But the blades from the mod are not looking blurred like from the original. When I fly, it looks like a big black cirlce over my Huey.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, you noticed that as well, the skinner has messed up the blades I am afraid.

It happened with myself once, cannot remember how I fixed them though.

Looking at the top picture again, somehow he has the blades turned around, you can see numerous grooves which are supposed to be at the connecting area to the rotor mechanics.

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

What did I wrong at installing the skin? .. I'm completly new at the DCS modding scene. :helpsmilie:

(For me I yust put the whole folder into Bazar/Liveries/uh-1h)

Hi,

first: you turned the texture 180° and mirrored it.

second: use DXT5 (interpolated alpha) for the blade-file, it has a alpha channel.

I also found a little shift of the blade texture at the uh1_WTD_tail.bmp file. Did you copy blades to the texture?

Hi,

second: use DXT5 (interpolated alpha) for the blade-file, it has a alpha channel.

I also found a little shift of the blade texture at the uh1_WTD_tail.bmp file. Did you copy blades to the texture?

That's not made by me, it's from c9smo :) .. I don't know anything about making a skin ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

when I try to save the blade texture with DXT5 (+alpha) photoshop basically says " image width and height must be multiple of four"

For all of you that have problems with the blade texture:

delete the following line in the description.lua {"uh1_rotor_alfa", 0, "blade.dds",false};"

somehow even with wrong textures in the skin, it will be displayed correctly in my pc:(

It is here , or my DropBox Folder.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi c9smo,

I have one question to the SAR-Skin, why did you copy the door from a picture instead of using the template and paint the door, this would better fit the 3D-Model of the UH-1?

Hi c9smo,

I have one question to the SAR-Skin, why did you copy the door from a picture instead of using the template and paint the door, this would better fit the 3D-Model of the UH-1?

kind of liked the worn,more realistic look..

but you are right its not 100% accurate!

Cal Fire for Skulleader

Hi Skull,

Sorry for the delay--I had to go out of town for 4 days and no work then.

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5735

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5734

I'm always spending time learning new things. I figured out how to make the gun mounts white until the slick comes along.

Hi Skull,

Sorry for the delay--I had to go out of town for 4 days and no work then.

Are you crazy ?

There's not a problem because it's not easy to created one repaint as this CA Fire...

I found your work very very awesome and beautiful, I'm so excited.

You are a real Artist !!!

Once again a great thanks for your talent and your work and take your time.

Best regards. Skull

Progress

There is progress, but it takes more time than I anticipated. Alignment of the templates to paint lines is not intuitive. Sometimes parallel lines on the template are all catywhampus on the model.

The covers alone are 2 hours and I'm only finished with one side. Stick with me, we'll get this done. My hat is off to the original 3D designers and painters.

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5736