Yikes

I can wait for EDGE thank you very much... Sounds like DCS World 2.0

Imagine!

BS2 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

A-10 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

P-51 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

FC upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

UH-1 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

No need to imagine it, that's HIGHLY likely whats going to happen judging by their recent pricing model.

However much I love ed's products. If they charge (read as forcing us) to get every module upto the new engine standards, that will be the end of my love affair with ed/dcs.

However if they just charge a one off fee for the new engine which all the modules will then intergrate into without further payment for said modules then I would be happy with that, but not happy with having to pay for all modules to be brought upto the new engines standard.

As personally I thought charging to bring BS upto BS2 standards was a BS move, and no that doesnt mean Black Shark move.

This is where ED has to focus carefully on their future business model as they cannot continue the way they have been doing if you ask me.

Sooner or later it will upset a good portion of users who will eventually vote with their head instead of their wallet, although you will get a few diehards who will publicly profess their love for ED and say that they will pay hundreds for each module and update or pay no matter what the cost, but the majority of people dont like paying for patches and its the majority that ED need to keep happy.

I like their products, I buy their products but I dont like having to pay for something that is little more than a patch disguised as something totally new and better and, comes at a time just as you have figured out all the bugs and changed lines of code and finally got the thing working as it should to then start all over again.

This is just my tuppence worth however right or wrong some people may think it is.

Edited by bumfire
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

So, its been almost 2 years sins this post and the problem is still there huh. I just bought the A-10 DLC and where pretty happy until I dropped the first bombs and got this HUGH FPS drop and its unplayable at this point. unless you only use the 30mm canon or the AGM-65 Maverick.

So no fixes in the future? I think I maybe want my money back!

• ED Team

There has been some massive improvements since this thread was made, sure there are still some trouble areas like cluster munitions and ED are well aware of them, I am sure they will be addressed with DCSWorld 2 ongoing.

What are your system specs, and ingame settings maybe we can help you adapt to give you a smoother experience.

I have since changed pc's and do not have that much of an issue anymore.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2