Can we have a FPS rescue patch?

Cnuke

Just focus on EDGE and get that thing goint!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Even flying at 8000m with around 25-30 people in a server causes FPS to be in the single digits. Its unplayable with the fps drops and lag especially! Please ED, fix this!:worthy:

25-30 people in a server? Mine starts to collapse at 15 and I'm running a 15mb upload that runs speed-tests at 13.5 or so. Guys are complaining about major warping issues etc as soon as that 16th guy shows up.

What kind of ISP are you running with 20-30 people onboard if I may take this off topic for a couple posts? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Just focus on EDGE and get that thing goint!

Yikes

I can wait for EDGE thank you very much... Sounds like DCS World 2.0

Imagine!

BS2 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

A-10 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

P-51 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

FC upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

UH-1 upgrade to DCS 2.0 £19.99

Yikes

Imagine!

If that happens i will never buy another game from ED again, I already feel down over that the game in unplayable in combat and nothing is being done about it from the Devs it would seem.

• Like 1

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

25-30 people in a server? Mine starts to collapse at 15 and I'm running a 15mb upload that runs speed-tests at 13.5 or so. Guys are complaining about major warping issues etc as soon as that 16th guy shows up.

What kind of ISP are you running with 20-30 people onboard if I may take this off topic for a couple posts? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

My own system has 15 to 20 upload and like you keeps 10 people happy maybe more.

The 51st server is running with 150 download, 65 upload. With 40 players it runs very smoothly. The only issue is the same as everybody else, the lag created from smoke in the latest public version.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Optimized engine (2 core is so yesterday)

Cache for MP missions.

Im happy with the A-10 and can do without the other stuff (except my Huey) for now haha

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Yikes

Imagine!

It will be called BS3, Warthog2, Mustang2 and FC4... :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't want to rant, but this issue is far more important than it looks at first glance. Low FPS not only degrades visual experience, - it degrades gameplay itself. With inconsitent/low FPS player barely controls aircraft, since his muscle memory goes way out of sync with the game. For i.e. - it is a huge pleasure to rip tanks with GAU-8 when FPS is good (i.e. - empty map with 5 stationary units), but it becomes a complete pain when your FPS is low, or worse - jumps from 40 to 10 in the middle of the dive. This experience interpolates pretty much on every activity in DCS and it becomes painful just to play this game.

We can dream of any aircraft in the world to be introduced into DCS, but if FPS issues will be resolved - it can prolong joy from existing aircraft almost indefinitely. This is a #1 issue for me. Dynamic campaigns, F/A-18 and Nevada - all of this is pointless with low FPS, - it would be just as painful to play as already existing stuff.

My own system has 15 to 20 upload and like you keeps 10 people happy maybe more.

The 51st server is running with 150 download, 65 upload. With 40 players it runs very smoothly. The only issue is the same as everybody else, the lag created from smoke in the latest public version.

Wonder if this smoke issue is causing ping increases while systems stall and trip on the inefficiency- whereby affecting everyone on the server.

65 up!? WANT!

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

If that happens i will never buy another game from ED again, I already feel down over that the game in unplayable in combat and nothing is being done about it from the Devs it would seem.

Dude.

It's an engine upgrade.

You can't expect them to do it for free.

BS1 -> BS2 is $30 (discount for those who bought BS1)

FC2 -> FC3 is $40 (no discount for existing customers)

I'm *hoping* it'll be only $20 to upgrade each of my modules to EDGE!

Based on what fact? Have you seen perform EDGE? It's not because it will look better that it will perform better. My experience over the past 25 years learns that when it looks better (read new engine with extra eye-candy), you pay cash in performance on the same equipement.

What makes you think it won't? Why would ED spend all the resources developing if performance is WORSE?

What makes you think it won't? Why would ED spend all the resources developing if performance is WORSE?

The point has some validity. It is quite possible that users with lower end machines will not have the requisite horsepower to run future versions of DCS well. The move away from 32bit support is just the first sign.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why would ED spend all the resources developing if performance is WORSE?

Not like performance has been a huge priority thus far. :music_whistling:

;)

All joking aside, I've also noticed a huge frame rate impact during high-action moments. I can get 40-60 in most "instant action" type scenarios and 20-30 in a complex campaign enviroment, but if s**t hits the fan on the battle field, I'm looking at 10FPS tops. It can live with 20-30 FPS steady, but the dips are killer. The whole experience is ruined during those moments.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

It is quite possible that users with lower end machines will not have the requisite horsepower to run future versions of DCS well.

Those users will need upgrade or play something else...We're talking about a hi-fi simulation with lots of detail and far view distances, not diablo 3 which can be played by most machines.

...and i'm out!

Well, when i got bs2, after one month i got the news of DCS World, unplayable as it resulted. Wouldn't it be better for us customers to have an improvement patch for bs1 or bs2? That would make me feel like a valued customer. I mean, DCS is developing EDGE, but i can't play DCS World after a year... Come on...

+100

Cut the crap and give us some FPS so at least it's playable without going into single digits FPS everytime. No matter how many bugs are solved, it's all useless if you can't play it like you should. Since World went live all i do is flying around a bit, preferably all alone, not shooting to much, not blowing things up to much just to prevent it becoming a slide show when things matter. I don't need UH-1's, Mig-21's, all the F-number airplanes since i won't be able to enjoy them anyway. And no, i won't buy another computer... nor will i edit .lau files to get me an extra FPS or 2. That's how a game should be threathed to make it playable. BTW, i bought everything from DCS until now but if FPS don't go up, i keep my wallet closed. Period!!:mad:

Wait. What are your computer specs? If it's in your sig I can't see it. And no, I won't buy another Internet Explorer just to see it.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

Yes it's in my signature (so you need to buy another IE to see it i'm afraid).

I ain't going through the entire reason again on why i posted the above, that has been covered in various posts about performance, either started by me or by others. If you wanna know, search through the performance threads in the A-10C and World sections.

Gameplay and gamefeel is different for every person. Some want the highest FPS and trade in all eye-candy to get the max out of their system FPS wise. Others want nothing else but eye-candy and don't care about FPS and they are totaly happy even if their game runs at single digets FPS as long as they can see that shadow on that single tree, all is fine.

No so for me. I want "smooth" gameplay above anything. I don't need 60+ FPS, nor do i need all the eye-candy if i can't get it.

When i bought A-10C i could fairly easyly run at a VSync capped FPS of 60. With the same system i'm not able to do that with World, therefore i downgraded to the adaptive VSync setting which gives me a capped 30 FPS. That's fine and smooth enough for me but the problem is that on a lot of occations (read actions), FPS now goes below that 30. (below VSync at 60 or 30 stutter starts to kick in and that is something i want to avoid at all costs). Also, if you run the game setting with the MFCD's at half the refreshrate, with adaptive VSync, the MFCD's display only 15 FPS which is far from smooth and it makes them stutter when video is displayed (TV or IR). Only way around that is to set them to normal refreshrate but then that costs overall performance.

I can start on take-off in Batumi with 60+ FPS (or 30+ with adaptive VSync set) but it has to stay there... all the time to keep the game running smooth and that's not case (google for "below VSync stutter" is you wanna know more about this issue).

If you wanna know a bit more on how unoptimized this game is, look up some performance threads started by TZeer...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Dude.

It's an engine upgrade.

You can't expect them to do it for free.

BS1 -> BS2 is $30 (discount for those who bought BS1)

FC2 -> FC3 is $40 (no discount for existing customers)

I'm *hoping* it'll be only $20 to upgrade each of my modules to EDGE!

Each module? It's DCS:World that requires the upgrade not the modules.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Don't encourage them, lol.

The only thing that will discourage devs from this practices (almost all games have them) is people stop putting money in their pockets... besides sales or bin prices. 30$ for each upgrade that only change the engine which means usually <30 FPS performance and years of bugs and half developed features is something that in time will put people off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Module Price and their Release history has nothing to do with the FPS Issues, so I'd encourage ending that discussion before it get's the thread locked.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs