Extremely long loading times in the Huey!

I have a small Problem when flying the Huey (only with the huey) which is not game breaking but pretty annoying.

While the loading time for all other aircraft has improved to the point where there can't be much improvement with the next patch, when I join a game in the Huey it takes up to 45 seconds from pressing play until I spawn. The game never crashed so far but Alt Tab becomes a problem after joining in the Huey a few times but this may also be the case with other aircraft, I still need to test that.

This happens in multiplayer and singleplayer, game is in windowed mode because I need to alt tab a lot. Windows 7 64Bit, installed on a 7600rpm HDD, not on one of my SSDs because I don't have enough free space on them.

My system is in the sig.

If you need any additional information please specify.

The performance itself is great though. Never below 30 fps yesterday when I hosted a public server. At times there were about 20 people on (across all DCS Aircraft). Most times about 40-50fps.

It doesn't cause lag on the server (I asked several times).

I don't want to reinstall world completely until I have tried everything so any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Edit:

Ok I wasted about 30 min for the whole thing and it seems to be related to the huey. After switching aircraft and alt tabbing like crazy (A-10, Ka-50, P-51D, Su-25) for about 20 minutes I can savely say it only happens with the Huey. Time from pressing play until I spawn in the aircraft in descending order (multiplayer):

A-10C: 2 - 5 seconds, first time after mission is loaded takes about 5seconds after that less.

Ka-50: 1.5 - 3 seconds, first time 3sec after that mostly around 2sec

P-51D: <1 - 1sec, first time about 1 sec after that less than 1sec

Su-25T: <1sec - instantanously. I'm always almost instandly in the cockpit after pressing play

Now here's what just happened in the huey:

first time: ~45-50 seconds

then always that 30-40 seconds

After 5-10 respawns I can't tab out to my main monitor.

Are there any tweaks I could try before reinstalling World? I defragged my harddrive with no result (was only 0.12% defragged anyway) tried different settings, removed texture mod - nothing.

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

I'm having this problem too, I'm not entirely sure if a re-install of World will help. I will do a little bit of diagnosis and see if I can find the bottleneck.

Edit: It's disk usage, network usage, and CPU usage were all minimal during the wait. However, the process is blocking during this stage, so I think it's something in code that may not be working as intended.

Acidic

Hoggit Admin / Server Owner / Mission Maker

Discord: https://discord.gg/hoggit

GAW Website: https://atwar.online

Wiki: https://hoggitworld.com

Form me works very well, but I have UH-1H & all DCS modules on SSD.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...
Form me works very well, but I have UH-1H & all DCS modules on SSD.

For all my copilots it works fine too but for me it takes ages to spawn in a Huey. I have a DCS on a SSD also and am with this ~30s slower to spawn than a friend of mine with his regular harddisc.

so long

Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram