Module Updates FC3

Have already purchased and installed FC3 beta version - but recently noticed

it has now moved out of Beta (I note that I have installed 1.2.3 but 1.2.4 is available on the website to download) so couple of questions

1)How do I install the new version is it a manual process do I need to delete the old version?

2)Do I need to manually update/check the version of my other modules (I have A10, BS and P51)?

PS despite 1.2.4 version of DCS world my setup just seems to have auto updated to 1.2.3.9871 and not 1.2.4 which might explain

why all modules appear stuck at 1.2.3!!!!

Now really confused ..please help!

Edited by mac22

Just use auto-updater (every day when you click on DCS desktop icon, there's a check if there is newer release available - didn't you notice this by now?) and you can also force it (to check for update manually) from start menu... Eagle Dynamics... DCS World ... Update DCS World

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky of course I noticed the auto updater and thats exactly my point my DCS world auto updated itself to version 1.2.3.98..a couple of days ago and all the modules appear updated to 1.2.3 however when I run DCS world again it but doesnt seem to finding the latest version for world and the modules which I beleive is 1.2.4!!and 1.2.4 I understand updates FC3 to the non beta version!

Also on forcing a manual update neither eagle dynamics or DCS world is appearing on my start menu although world is appearing on my desktop so I can't force a manual update.....

Kuky of course I noticed the auto updater and thats exactly my point my DCS world auto updated itself to version 1.2.3.98..a couple of days ago and all the modules appear updated to 1.2.3 however when I run DCS world again it but doesnt seem to finding the latest version for world and the modules which I beleive is 1.2.4!!and 1.2.4 I understand updates FC3 to the non beta version!

Also on forcing a manual update neither eagle dynamics or DCS world is appearing on my start menu although world is appearing on my desktop so I can't force a manual update.....

you sure you have the right partition? or HD address? :joystick:

need your system specs.

i.e CPU, Video Card, video card ram, Ram, Mother Board, SSD, HDD, any partitions, Windows version,

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

in version 1.2.4 there is a module updater thingy in the main menu..

use that.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

never mind, the solution in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104937

from c0ff sorted me out...is now updating.

the fix:

edit your autoupdate.settings ) found in C:\Users\<YOUR LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\ to :

{

"update_period": 1,

"last_update": 0,

"update_to": "release"

}

make sure to delete autoupdate.settings after the update finishes