UH-1H Helios Profile?

Abnaxus

No problem, I'm glad I can help :)

I've worked out the lines in the AI Panel .lua file (..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua) that need to be edited to move the AI Panel - see the attached screenshot.

You're looking for:

FontSizeX1

local size_X

local size_Y

base.init_pos = {aspect + shift_X,firstLineY + shift_Y} (this can be changed to use co-ords similar to the Control panel co-ords, but the 'scale' seemed completely different)

The values in the attached screenshot result in the AI Panel fitting in the provided window in the Helios profile, but the lines seem a little squished together for some reason. I'm still playing with the values.

I'm also hoping to change the position of the weapon status panel so it's a little less obstructive, but haven't started on that yet.

AI_Panel_edit.JPG.40876757368153fad3ad737e9a89f116.JPG

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool,, I will be moving onto that next. Were you able to remove the controls indicator red back ground?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok, regarding the Controls Indicator background. I was comparing some lines and wound up with this change. Boy! This is very time consuming when you dont know what and where to look,, but it has proven beneficial in the end,,,

Making the background of the Controls Indicator a bit more transparent, I changed Line 40.

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndic ator_page.lua

I have no idea what the numbers really mean or which ones to change to make it more transparent, but its a lot better than before!

base.material = MakeMaterial("",{255,0,0,15})

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I've been playing with this a little bit today finally. And I have the CI and AI windows where they should be. But the Helios window will not stay on top of the game's window! What's even stranger, it only covers this profile. All of my other profiles (3 Ka50s, 2 A10c's, F15, Su25t) stay on TOP! :mad:

I have changed my FullScreen check/unchecked, resolution, rebooted, ... Opened this profile and saved it again in the Helios Editor. Reset the monitors.. IDK.. :cry:

I never had this problem before. Does anyone have any ideas while only this profile might not stay on top of the game's window?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I have my CI all set as well, I am still tinkering with trying to get the position of the AI all set but have run into a problem with trying to expand the size of the pixel box so it fits correctly, Im sure I will get it figured out, but I can tell you this, Neither my CI or AI is overlaying Helios, sorry to say, I have no idea why that would be occurring to you sorry to say. Might be stupid, but does it have anything to do with your Helios profile with the "Fill" box being checked on or off on the right side upper pane of Helios Profile Editor?

Hey, I fixed it!

This is the first profile I have downloaded that does not have the 'Always on Top' checkbox checked by default for the Monitor object.

To export viewports you have to tell the game the resolution to cover your touchscreen as well as game screens so it can draw in those areas. So I am surprised this has not happened to anyone else.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Yeah, I have no idea what your talking about? I know I have my resolution selected in DCS options, and when I copied this original profile over to create a new one for my use, I did a RESET MONITORS in the Helios profile editor,, and thats about it, same thing I do with all my profiles,, other then that, like I said, not really sure what you mean but Im glad you got it fixed,,,, this is a full time job!

There is a checkbox in the Helios Editor called 'Always on Top' that you have to check. Mine was not checked for some reason.

I never had to do that,,,,hmmmm,,, anyway,, onward and upward,,, back to trying to get my AI set

LOL,, I posted that on the page before this, POST 128,, but thanks anyway.

There is alot of info building here, I can understand the oversight.

IM still working on the pesky AI,, I found last night that no matter what I changed the "Line 46 local sise_X" too, it had no impact on position? But "line 47 local size_Y stretched the pixel box vertically???

Regarding the AI Panel:

I found that messing with the Line 29 FontSize X1 was problematic, text was getting scrambled.

I wound up with only changing the following setting got the AI Panel where it was useful and legible.

Line46: local size_X = 0.36-- -shift_X + 0.02

Line 47: local size_Y = 0.20 --0.35

Line 62: base.init_pos = {1.12,0.18}

Regarding the Controls Indicator disappearing when you go to "HUD View Only"

I found this somewhere in the forums over the last few days, and I'm sorry to say that I forgot where, so I can not give credit to the author, but it was not me,, thank you who ever it was!

To users of this panel, if you fly using the HUD mode as I do, you may have noticed that the controlsindicator shifts to center when you enter HUD mode. To keep the indicator on the panel all the time you need to edit the ControlsIndicator_page.lua.

Line 51 reads...

base.controllers = {{"show"},{"screenspace_position",2,-(aspect - (size+collec_shift + rud_shift +3.0*line_width + ds)),0},

{"screenspace_position",1,0,0}}

Change it to read...

base.controllers = {{"show"},{"screenspace_position",2,-(aspect - (size+collec_shift + rud_shift +3.0*line_width + ds)),0},

{"screenspace_position",1,-(aspect - (size+collec_shift + rud_shift +3.0*line_width + ds)),0}}

You can also check your screen res if you want, and move the windows accordingly like this:

base.init_pos = {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}  -- TOP/LEFT CORNER
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 2160 then
-- IF THE SCREEN HEIGHT IS 2160, I'M USING MY HELIOS PROFILES...
base.init_pos = {2.25, -0.2}  -- ABAXUS HELIOS PROFILE (MY BOTTOM TOUCHSCREEN)
end

My touchscreen is below my triple monitors, so when I use Helios I usually run at a res height of 2160. This may work with your other windows as well, but I have not tried it yet..

I'm not sure how to interpret that? I do know my resolutions, I also know where all the X & Y coordinates are, but i do not know how to convert that data to E.G.

{0,(1 - 1.3*size)} or {2.25, -0.2} etc,,, no idea at all,, I know in the 2nd set of brackets I can manipulate the X and/or Y positions,, and thats what I do,, just increase/decrease then one at a time to steer them to final location.

Anyway, Im now in the middle of reconfiguring the original profile as some of the buttons bindings are not valid, and some I am converting to other duties,,,

Well, if you don't change your resolution then this will be of no use to you.

I don't have a Helios profile for every plane and change my res from 5760x1080 to 5760x2160 now and then. By having this code in there I will not have to remove the modded lua scripts to allow the CI & Crew windows to appear where I want them. I am lazy that way.. ;-)

m8EgQlq.jpg

1VnvSuI.jpg

You don't need to use the formulas (ie. {0,(1 - 1.3*size)}). You can just hardcode your values like you are doing now.

I had to put this If statement in several places. Here is my entire g_panel_page.lua file.

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."elements_defs.lua")
dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."AI/ControlPanel/g_panel_definitions.lua")

local dbg_k = 0.5

old_K = 73.5
new_K = 73.5 

aspect   = LockOn_Options.screen.aspect - 0.02	

local multimonitor_setup_name =  "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"
local f = loadfile(multimonitor_setup_name)
if	  f then
local env = {}
env.screen = LockOn_Options.screen
setfenv(f,env)
pcall(f)
if env.UIMainView ~= nil then
	if (LockOn_Options.screen.width/2.0 > env.UIMainView.x) then 
		aspect = (env.UIMainView.width + env.UIMainView.x - LockOn_Options.screen.width/2.0)/LockOn_Options.screen.height - 0.02
	else	
		aspect = (env.UIMainView.width + env.UIMainView.x)/LockOn_Options.screen.height - 0.02
	end	
end
end

--<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
--FontSizeX1	= 0.0058 * (old_K / new_K)
--FontSizeY1	= FontSizeX1
FontSizeX1	= 0.0020
FontSizeY1	= FontSizeX1
if LockOn_Options.screen.height == 1080 then
FontSizeX1	= 0.005		-- 0.0058 * (old_K / new_K)
FontSizeY1	= FontSizeX1
end

predefined_font_0 = {dbg_k* FontSizeY1, dbg_k* FontSizeX1, 0.0, 0.0}

predefined_font_1 = {dbg_k* FontSizeY1*0.8, dbg_k* FontSizeX1*0.8, 0.0, 0.0}

function AddElement(object)
object.screenspace = ScreenType.SCREENSPACE_TRUE
   object.use_mipfilter = true
   Add(object)
end

firstLineY = 0.0

local shift_X		  = -0.65
local shift_Y		  = -1
local size_X          = 0.36-- -shift_X + 0.02
local size_Y          = 0.15 --0.35
shift_X	= 3.5
shift_Y	= -0.25
size_X = 1 	--shift_X + 0.02
size_Y = 0.33
end
local border_s		  = 0.01
local Y_space		  = size_Y/6.0
local orange_mat   	= MakeMaterial("",{0,0,0,150})

base       			= CreateElement "ceMeshPoly"
base.name		    = "base"
base.primitivetype  = "triangles"
base.material       = orange_mat 
base.vertices       = {{0.0,0.0},
				   {size_X,0.0},
				   {size_X, size_Y},
				   {0.0, size_Y}}   

base.indices        = default_box_indices
--base.init_pos       = {aspect + shift_X,firstLineY + shift_Y}
--base.init_pos       = {0.53,0}
base.init_pos       = {-0.41,-0.59}
base.init_pos = {aspect + shift_X,firstLineY + shift_Y}
end

base.controllers    = {{"show"}}

base.h_clip_relation  = h_clip_relations.REWRITE_LEVEL
base.level		      = DEFAULT_LEVEL
AddElement(base)

txt_Status				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_Status.name			= "txt_Status"
txt_Status.value    	= "CREW STATUS:"    
txt_Status.material		= "font_general"
txt_Status.init_pos		= {0.0 + border_s, size_Y - border_s}
txt_Status.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_Status.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_Status.parent_element = base.name
AddElement(txt_Status)

txt_Hints				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_Hints.name			= "txt_Hints"
txt_Hints.value    		= "HEALTH 	   ROE	    AMMO         BURST"    
txt_Hints.material		= "font_general"
txt_Hints.init_pos		= {0.0 + border_s, size_Y - border_s - Y_space*1.0}
txt_Hints.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_Hints.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_Hints.parent_element = base.name
AddElement(txt_Hints)

local m_index = 0

name_t = {"PILOT","CO-PILOT","LH GUNNER","RH GUNNER"}
status_t = {"-","HOLD","RET.FIRE","FREE FIRE","PLAYER"}
burst_t = {"  -","SHORT","LONG"}
seats_n =    {0,1,3,2}

function add_crew_member(member)

-------------------------------
block_mat   		= MakeMaterial("",{0,0,0,0})

mem_base       			= CreateElement "ceMeshPoly"
mem_base.name			= "mem_base"..m_index
mem_base.primitivetype  = "triangles"
mem_base.material       = block_mat -- "GREEN_TRANSPARENT"
mem_base.vertices       = {{0.0,0.0},
				   {size_X,0.0},
				   {size_X, Y_space},
				   {0.0, Y_space}}        
mem_base.indices        = default_box_indices
mem_base.init_pos		= {0.0 + border_s, size_Y - Y_space*(m_index+3) }

mem_base.h_clip_relation  = h_clip_relations.REWRITE_LEVEL
mem_base.level		      = DEFAULT_LEVEL + 1
mem_base.parent_element   = base.name
mem_base.controllers    = {{"show_member",seats_n[m_index+1]}}

AddElement(mem_base)

-------------------------------

txt_member				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_member.name			= "txt_mem"..m_index
txt_member.value    	= member    
txt_member.material		= "font_general"
txt_member.init_pos		= {0.0, Y_space }
txt_member.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_member.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_member.parent_element = mem_base.name
txt_member.controllers  = {{"health",seats_n[m_index+1]}}
AddElement(txt_member)

txt_status				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_status.name			= "txt_status"..m_index  
txt_status.material		= "font_general"
--txt_status.init_pos		= {0.23, Y_space }
txt_status.init_pos		= {0.10, Y_space }
txt_status.init_pos		= {0.25, Y_space }
end
txt_status.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_status.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_status.parent_element = mem_base.name
txt_status.formats    	= status_t
txt_status.controllers  = {{"status",seats_n[m_index+1]}}
AddElement(txt_status)

txt_ammo				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_ammo.name			= "txt_ammo"..m_index
txt_ammo.material		= "font_general"
--txt_ammo.init_pos		= {0.44, Y_space}
txt_ammo.init_pos		= {0.20, Y_space}
txt_ammo.init_pos		= {0.50, Y_space}
end
txt_ammo.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_ammo.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_ammo.parent_element = mem_base.name
txt_ammo.formats    	= {"%d%%"," -"}
txt_ammo.controllers  	= {{"ammo",seats_n[m_index+1]}}
AddElement(txt_ammo)

txt_burst				= CreateElement "ceStringPoly"
txt_burst.name			= "txt_burst"..m_index 
txt_burst.material		= "font_general"
txt_burst.init_pos		= {0.30, Y_space}
txt_burst.init_pos		= {0.75, Y_space}
end
txt_burst.alignment   	= "LeftTop"
txt_burst.stringdefs 	= predefined_font_0
txt_burst.parent_element = mem_base.name
txt_burst.formats    	= burst_t
txt_burst.controllers  	= {{"burst",seats_n[m_index+1]}}
AddElement(txt_burst)

m_index = m_index + 1
end

add_crew_member(name_t[1])
add_crew_member(name_t[2])
add_crew_member(name_t[3])
add_crew_member(name_t[4])

Edited by Snacko

hmmm, that will take me some time to review,,,, I have Helios profiles for the Modules I fly A-10C, BS2, and now UH-1,, so my resolutions never change

• 2 months later...

Hi Abnaxus, just getting back into the Helios setup, after dismantling everything for space reasons, just installed V1.7 which looks great, however I seem to have an issue getting the weapon controls to work.

All other switches work no problem, but the arm, weapon select, missile amount switches sadly don't move in sim when I'm using them on the profile, if I use mouse in sim then they work with no issues.

Do we know if the key commands have changed since 1.7 was released or have I done something wrong?

Any advice would be great fully received.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi Abnaxus, just getting back into the Helios setup, after dismantling everything for space reasons, just installed V1.7 which looks great, however I seem to have an issue getting the weapon controls to work.

All other switches work no problem, but the arm, weapon select, missile amount switches sadly don't move in sim when I'm using them on the profile, if I use mouse in sim then they work with no issues.

Do we know if the key commands have changed since 1.7 was released or have I done something wrong?

Any advice would be great fully received.

Cowboy10uk

I don´t know...

I'm going to review it and i´ll tell you something.

Edited by Abnaxus

Mmmmmm ok mate, I'll delete and re download and install.

Sorry I did forget to say, it's when I start in the slick and then add weapons once in sim via rearm menu. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Not tried it starting fully loaded.

Many thanks for testing though

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 7 months later...
New version release! v1.1

uh1hprofilev11.jpg

How change the position of kneeboard.

Based in this post: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=101278&highlight=Kneeboard

...DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\"MonitorConfig".lua

ED_Kneeboard =
    {
         x = 1451;
         y = 1090;
         width = 455;
         height = 682;
    }        

...DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

----------  default Kneeboard start -----------

--dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
indicator_type       = indicator_types.COMMON
----------------------
init_pageID     = 1
--purposes                      = {100,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW} --100 as guard to switch off general in cockpit rendering , cause purposes cannot be empty
--subset ids
-------------- default  Kneeboard end -----------------

--------------------------------------------------------
-------------- Custom KNEEBOARD Start -----------------

function set_full_viewport_coverage(viewport)
  dedicated_viewport          = {viewport.x,
                               viewport.y,
                               viewport.width,
                               viewport.height}
  dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

-- purposes: comment in/out to set when the KNEEBORD is visibile (removing/adding "--") 
  purposes                  = {
                               --render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,
                               --render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT,
                               render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT
                               }
  render_target_always = true
end

-- try to find assigned viewport
function try_find_assigned_viewport(exactly_name,abstract_name)
   local multimonitor_setup_name =  "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"
   local f = loadfile(multimonitor_setup_name)
   if      f     then
         local env = {screen = LockOn_Options.screen}
         setfenv(f,env)
         pcall(f)
         local target_env = env[exactly_name]
         if not target_env and abstract_name then
            target_env = env[abstract_name]
         end
         if target_env then
            set_full_viewport_coverage(target_env)
         end      
   end
end

try_find_assigned_viewport("ED_Kneeboard") 

-------------- Custom KNEEBOARD end -------------------

I can not get the kneeboard to export as it does with 1.2,,, Im trying to make it work with 1.5 and 2.0,expect it has something to do with the init.lua file?